I really miss the Mason offenses!

Reaction score
Yes the Mason years had plenty of debacles and I was there for many....However, win or lose the running game (no matter who the RB and/or OL) it was entertaining for fans to watch....I don't what kind of Charlie Brown Cluster-f&*% offense we have been running these last few years but it is neither GOOD and/or entertaining.

Yeah...really miss that killer D too.

Man...year after year of shutdown D.

Gimme a break, a good Mason team would have smoked this garbage OSU team we played tonight...get real

+1

Remember Mason correctly... Zero defense.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It was pretty amazing listening to him call the game, and how spot on he was with what should and shouldn't be done tonight.

All I was thinking is if he would have coached his defenses as well as he called things from the booth, he'd still be coaching.

[edit]

You know what I miss the most? How after every year how he would do a press conference, and just shake his head saying how hard it was to win in the B10.

He settled for a mid-pack finish EVERY YEAR. I don't miss him one bit.

Move forward, or move on.

[edit]

You know what I miss the most? How after every year how he would do a press conference, and just shake his head saying how hard it was to win in the B10.

How is this different than Kill/Claeys?

[edit]

They finished 6-7 last year and are likely headed for that scenario again.....The B10 was also a lot better in the late 90s-2000s then it is now

I think he acknowledged that the defense under Mason was not always very good. His point was he missed the offense.

How is this different than Kill/Claeys?

Move forward or move on.

I have never heard them say the same things Mason said. Are the results there yet? Nope. And I hope if we don't move forward, we do move on.

We are in year one of the Claeys regime. If he starts equivocating and explaining why he can't win, I want him gone. If he succeeds, you'll see an ardent supporter.

Move forward or move on.

I have never heard them say the same things Mason said. Are the results there yet? Nope. And I hope if we don't move forward, we do move on.

We are in year one of the Claeys regime. If he starts equivocating and explaining why he can't win, I want him gone. If he succeeds, you'll see an ardent supporter.

It's year 6 of Kill/Claeys. He has to win at least 8 games if not 9 to keep his job. I don't know why so many Gopher fans can't figure this out.

It's year 6 of Kill/Claeys. He has to win at least 8 games if not 9 to keep his job. I don't know why so many Gopher fans can't figure this out.

I'm not going to debate semantics. This is year 1 of the Claeys regime. Period. Paragraph.

Claeys and his staff will be judged on what they produce this year. The AD will not conflate the results of the last 6 years to determine how the football program will proceed under his watch based on that.

I don't know why so many Gopher fans can't figure this out.

It was pretty amazing listening to him call the game, and how spot on he was with what should and shouldn't be done tonight.

All I was thinking is if he would have coached his defenses as well as he called things from the booth, he'd still be coaching.
Mason always coached to not lose. It never seemed like he coached to win. I really like his commentary, but his takes at the end of the game were representative of how he coached...to not lose. That said, I really like him as the color commentator. He has great insight and really knows the game.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm not going to debate semantics. This is year 1 of the Claeys regime. Period. Paragraph.

Claeys and his staff will be judged on what they produce this year. The AD will not conflate the results of the last 6 years to determine how the football program will proceed under his watch based on that.

I don't know why so many Gopher fans can't figure this out.

Only time will tell. If Claeys is fired for winning 7 or 8 games, the last 5 years will absolutely be a factor.

He sure can diagnose a screen pass better than he could 13 years ago...

It is 6 years for Claeys' defense not his offense. The offense is kill and Limey. The defense is still stout after 6 years. The offense still sucks, which is kill and limey's fault. Claeys had no say over offense recruiting until this year. He should be given an opportunity to let Bart bring in his guys to see if the offense improves. We know Claeys can coach defense. Give him a chance with the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is 6 years for Claeys' defense not his offense. The offense is kill and Limey. The defense is still stout after 6 years. The offense still sucks, which is kill and limey's fault. Claeys had no say over offense recruiting until this year. He should be given an opportunity to let Bart bring in his guys to see if the offense improves. We know Claeys can coach defense. Give him a chance with the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Jay Johnson was the breath of fresh air we needed and ML7 was a first round draft pick.....Tracy and his coaching staff had all offseason to come up with a more dynamic scheme and we get this debacle tonight.

I need to take a break from this. JFC week 1 of college football. Get over it.

Almost. Mason would have crushed OSU. He also would have lost to Wisc., Iowa, and N.W..

How is that any different than what Kill and Claeys did last year...NW L Iowa L Wisc L.....they also barely beat the little sisters of the poor in the non conference.

How is that any different than what Kill and Claeys did last year...NW L Iowa L Wisc L.....they also barely beat the little sisters of the poor in the non conference.

Not sure what you want me to say? Claeys crapped the bed tonight. Just like Mason did many times. The difference is that Mason would have trounced OSU.

Not sure what you want me to say? Claeys crapped the bed tonight. Just like Mason did many times. The difference is that Mason would have trounced OSU.

right...that was my point from the OP....Mason sucked in the B10 but at least Maroney/Barber and company trounced the cupcakes in the the non-con...We can't even do that anymore.

right...that was my point from the OP....Mason sucked in the B10 but at least Maroney/Barber and company trounced the cupcakes in the the non-con...We can't even do that anymore.
Who is Mason? Where is he coaching? Any chance we could get him if Claeys doesn't work out?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

With Maroney and Barber, the Gophers certainly did trounce Tulsa, Troy State, Ohio, Louisiana-Lafayette, Toledo, Illinois State and Colorado State.

With Maroney and Barber, the Gophers certainly did trounce Tulsa, Troy State, Ohio, Louisiana-Lafayette, Toledo, Illinois State and Colorado State.

All those teams would have beat this garbage Oregon state team we played tonight.

Top Bottom