I predict Weber will have a very good game

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
My prediction is that Weber will have his best game of the year on Saturday.
More touchdown throws than ints.
I don't want to predict specific numbers because the wind may have a large effect, but I think he'll come out of this game looking just as good as Cousins and that most people will view him as the Gopher's offensive player of the game.

I have been posting on Gopherhole for at least 4 or 5 years and this is the first time I have ever made any kind of prediction.

Marquise Gray will get plenty of snaps and, I'm sure, will look great at times, but this will be Weber's game to shine. :)

If I'm wrong, then I'll come back and say so on Sunday.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right. If it doesn't happen this week, coming off the two toughest Ds we see this year, and as Gray is being worked in, it's not gonna happen ever again.

I don't want to predict specific numbers because the wind may have a large effect, but I think he'll come out of this game looking just as good as Cousins and that most people will view him as the Gopher's offensive player of the game.

I have been posting on Gopherhole for at least 4 or 5 years and this is the first time I have ever made any kind of prediction.

Marquise Gray will get plenty of snaps and, I'm sure, will look great at times, but this will be Weber's game to shine. :)

+1 maybe next week everyone will be talking about how good our QBs are? That would be awesome.

Maybe fear of losing his starting job might be just the motivation needed.

First half of Ohio State game was good

He played very well during the first half of the OS game. Perhaps the offense is starting to click for him and he isn't having to think so much. Let's hope so. I think a complicated new offense and poor O line play has Adam off his game this year. Something is wrong that's for sure. One doesn't go from being second team big ten to horrible play this year without something being wrong.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right. If it doesn't happen this week, coming off the two toughest Ds we see this year, and as Gray is being worked in, it's not gonna happen ever again.

You don't think it could happen agains SD State?

The 3 main reasons I see this happening are:

1) We've faced 3 of the top 4 passing defenses in the conference the last 3 weeks. In terms of pass-efficiency defense, MSU is #8 in the conference and #78 in the nation; MSU has only 4 INT's on the season, which makes them #95 in the nation in that stat. (although they are one of the better sacking teams in the country);

2) Weber has been using Decker as a crutch. Weber would often throw to a well-covered Decker rather than a different player who might have been more open or with more room for yards after the catch;

3) Weber is a competitor and has something to prove.

4) The law of averages. He's been playing sub-average for so long, that sooner or later he'll have to play above-average.

Go Weber and Go Gophers!

We've faced 3 of the top 4 passing defenses in the conference the last 3 weeks. In terms of pass-efficiency defense, MSU is #8 in the conference and #78 in the nation; MSU has only 4 INT's on the season, which makes them #95 in the nation in that stat.

Go Weber and Go Gophers!

You beat me to the point. Webs will have a Superior Evening...gophers Win!

You don't think it could happen agains SD State?

I don't think it would...Brewster seems to favor pounding the ball against beatable teams, whenever possible. Weber could have a decent game, but right now I'd bet on Whaley coming out of that one as the offensive player of the game, with Weber and Gray splitting a nice, well-managed game between them.

We were mountain climbing with Penn State and Ohio State. Playing Michigan State is climbing a hill, certainly a challenge, it's not like going over level ground, but we should get a better performance.

i agree with the point already made in this thread that weber looked good in the first half against OSU, but his receivers had some really bad drops and there were some mental penalties that killed the momentum.

I really wish Brew would give the first drive to Gray. If we go down the field and score...keep rolling with Gray, if not we come back in with an embattled vet in Weber who is now playing with nothing to lose, then he'll probably get rolling and have a big day. Cutting down on the drops would help everyone, or how bout even making some great catches along the way.

I predict the majority of viewers will be begging for Weber to be benched by the time the 4th Quarter comes around and he will play the entire game.......This game will either be Syracuse or Wisconsin all over again, watch.......

I'm not trying to be negative but this is how I see it. Weber didn't impress anyone without Decker last year and as much as he's depended on him this season I don't see that changing in 1 week of practice.......

I do believe Brandon Green will have a VERY nice game though.......

I agree. Frisch is learning to accommodate the game plan to his talent (rather than vice versa). Weber actually had a very good first half last week, but his receivers, including Decker, dropped easy catches. I expect Weber to work primarily out of the spread to allow him to more quickly find his receivers. This in turn will open up for the running game. Or all of this could be wrong, it's why they play the game.

We were mountain climbing with Penn State and Ohio State. Playing Michigan State is climbing a hill, certainly a challenge, it's not like going over level ground, but we should get a better performance.

+1 GO GOPHERS! :clap:

The 3 main reasons I see this happening are:

4) The law of averages. He's been playing sub-average for so long, that sooner or later he'll have to play above-average.

Go Weber and Go Gophers!

The law of averages does not apply to the Gophers. If it did it would not have been 40 years since our last conference championship and we would get 1/2 of the close calls at critical points in games. We are an outlier.

The law of averages does not apply to the Gophers. If it did it would not have been 40 years since our last conference championship and we would get 1/2 of the close calls at critical points in games. We are an outlier.

We (or, at the least, the U administration) are responsible for our own demise for much of the last 40 years. Things are on the rebound, so if karma exists, we should expect things to start going our way. Furthermore, the football gods are appeased by our move outside from the hellish confines of the dome. This should only help our cause.

If nothing else, I'll sacrifice a goat in the St. Paul lot prior to the USC game next year.

Go Gophers Rah appears to be some kind of soothsayer.

When you are right, you are right. Nice call!

Thank you, thank you.

Like I said, I'm not much of one for making predictions, but I had a VERY STRONG gut feeling on this one.

Thaillegal? Anything??:clap:

You were right - no contest. Weber demolished his bad stats with a memorable game-making performance. Gray was used as he should have been, but there was no question in this one that Weber deserved to run the show. Reminded me of how Cupito would come up with a four or five TD performance, with mostly home runs, after being criticized the week before. Cupito was better, overall, than many of us thought, as is Weber, who was up against excellent pass defenses the past two weeks. Overall, this was a really enjoyable, if crazy, game.

excellent call on the big perfomance in weber!.. #8 looked fantastic fighting through the weeds of adversity! great game gophs.

Thank you, thank you.

Like I said, I'm not much of one for making predictions, but I had a VERY STRONG gut feeling on this one.

Thaillegal? Anything??:clap:

Can't say anything...he didn't have a good game, he had a MONSTER game and hopefully this was exactly what he needed and has the confidence he'll need for the rest of the season. If you would've told me Weber would have a 400+ yards & 5 TD game without Decker this season I might have slapped someone. Even the interception wasn't his fault. I hate to say it but he's better Decker-less. Imagine if Stoudamire would've caught that wide open pass, his stats would've been way higher.......

I think it's funny that the #1 & #2 QB's in the Big Ten last year who've been kinda struggling this season both had big games today.......

Holy *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. 5 TDs, 300-plus yards. Go buy a lottery ticket!

Top Bottom