I know I am drinking the cool aid, but lets go out and win 3-4 more Big Ten games.

dannygopher9100

Reaction score
-Sweep Rutgers
-Illinois on the road?
-Wisconsin?

I know it's only one game and they didn't have there star player but I feel we could win 3/4 Big Ten games left.

Unless we play like we did in the 2nd half.

It's possible to beat Rutgers twice... or whatever... but tonight wasn't on anyones radar except the people that matter... the players.

-Sweep Rutgers
-Illinois on the road?
-Wisconsin?

I know it's only one game and they didn't have there star player but I feel we could win 3/4 Big Ten games left.

Love your enthusiasm. It'd be great to finish this season off with some more wins. I don't know how many more they'll win, but I feel confident they'll win more. The future is bright.

It was a great win. The talent is there. We're going to win some more games this year. But more importantly, with maturity and the in coming players, next year we should be much more competitive. Moreover, this should help recruiting so that we can build for the future.

3 more wins would be phenomenal. 4 wins, over 3 different teams, is a lot different than 2 wins over the only team worse than you

This team has its issues, but given the way the team can hang with anyone (except Northwestern, whatever!) and some of the raw young talent it's clearly one of the very best single-digit win teams in the country. I don't see why they can't win 2 of the next 4 games and maybe pull off a win in the BTT, as long as they continue to play with passion and poise and teamwork like they did today.

Gophs have enough talent to have won a half dozen more games but this was the first one where the defense saw it through to the end. This is what a team can do when your shooting goes cold. Great defense helps you survive and saps the other team of their cohesiveness. There is never any excuse for poor defense.

I just hope this board can handle another stinker as I think there will be one. Not sure which of the next 4 will be a disappointment but young teams do not do well with consistency.

I'm sold on the future, but I still think this team and specifically this coach will lose another game and it wont be pretty.

Gophs have enough talent to have won a half dozen more games but this was the first one where the defense saw it through to the end. This is what a team can do when your shooting goes cold. Great defense helps you survive and saps the other team of their cohesiveness. There is never any excuse for poor defense.

15/16 FTs in second half doesn't hurt either

-Sweep Rutgers
-Illinois on the road?
-Wisconsin?

I hear ya. They're capable in all of these games. They should be Rutgers at home. At Illinois will be interesting we really blew that one at home, but I think we are a better team now and they seem t be stuck in neutral. A win for us, may put the nail in Groce's coffin if it isn't already. Wisconsin, depends on who controls the tempo, if we can get stops on defense, turn them over, and get out and run we will be in good shape. If they can play classic Bo Ryan ball were in trouble. @ Rutgers, my theory is they'll have Sanders back probably be 0-17 and will throw the kitchen sink at us to try and get a win. It'll be harder to win that one than it appears

I just hope this board can handle another stinker as I think there will be one. Not sure which of the next 4 will be a disappointment but young teams do not do well with consistency.

I'm sold on the future, but I still think this team and specifically this coach will lose another game and it wont be pretty.

As long as it's not Wisconsin it shouldn't be a big deal.

Stone

Agree with everything but we should note Trimble and Sulaimon are there best players. Stone has NBA potential, but he may not even be Maryland's best post player. Stone is just one of 5 really good double figure scorers. It's not like we beat Michigan state without a Valentine type player.

Carter 12.5 ppg, 6.9 reb, 1.9ass, .9stls, 1.4bls, 20 for 60 on 3's.
Stone 12.8ppg, 5.4 reb, .3ass. .5 stls, 1.7 blks, no 3 pt attempts.

-Sweep Rutgers
-Illinois on the road?
-Wisconsin?

As long as it's not Wisconsin it shouldn't be a big deal.

You'd be ok if we put up a stinker and lost to Rutgers?

This board is rediculous, we will flip out if they lose any further games. Now that we won, the bar has been set.

This board is rediculous, we will flip out if they lose any further games. Now that we won, the bar has been set.

Yep, but it was still nice not to have jerks like Les around for one time.

The only question we need to be discussing: Where will we end up in the bracket when we win the B1G tourny?

Actually, that was a very good win....in my opinion Maryland and Michigan State are the best two teams in the B1G, and even without Stone, the Gophers played well and deserved to win that game. We played great for 30 minutes and hung on. The looks we got down the stretch weren't very good...but that might have been because we were trying to shorten the game by taking up a lot of the shot clock.

On a side note, Melo Trimble was out of control a lot down the stretch and did not take care of the ball. Maryland had layups that hit the bottom of the rim on the way up. The had gotten themselves back in the game to where they could have taken control, but then had awful possessions. Great defense by the Gophers. Does the B1g do a play in day the first day of the tournament to get down to 12 teams? So we would play the 12th seed in the first round to get a chance to play the 5 seed with the first 4 seeds getting two byes and the 5th through 10th seeds getting one bye?

Actually, that was a very good win....in my opinion Maryland and Michigan State are the best two teams in the B1G, and even without Stone, the Gophers played well and deserved to win that game. We played great for 30 minutes and hung on. The looks we got down the stretch weren't very good...but that might have been because we were trying to shorten the game by taking up a lot of the shot clock.

On a side note, Melo Trimble was out of control a lot down the stretch and did not take care of the ball. Maryland had layups that hit the bottom of the rim on the way up. The had gotten themselves back in the game to where they could have taken control, but then had awful possessions. Great defense by the Gophers. Does the B1g do a play in day the first day of the tournament to get down to 12 teams? So we would play the 12th seed in the first round to get a chance to play the 5 seed with the first 4 seeds getting two byes and the 5th through 10th seeds getting one bye?

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030815aac.html

I would be okay losing one to Rutgers if it meant we beat Wisconsin.

It's much more likely the Gophers will win their last 4 than lose their last 4.

It's much more likely the Gophers will win their last 4 than lose their last 4.

Given a choice I would rather lose three of the next four but have the win be over Wisconsin vs winning three of four but losing to Wisconsin. Wis other than the other night has been playing the best Big Ten ball the last 6-7 weeks. All this said, I cannot imagine that there is any chance of losing two games to Rutgers.

The Gophers are probably the only team with a 1-13 record that no one wants to play.

The only question we need to be discussing: Where will we end up in the bracket when we win the B1G tourny?

Honestly? Probably a 13 or 14. Georgia won the SEC tournament in 2008 and got a 14 seed when they were 13-16, 4-12 in conference.

Top Bottom