I hate the Vikings because.......

I loved Tommy and WhiskeyWade. Got my heart broke after the lost in D.C. Then came Denny. He ruined the Vikes for me. I also hate how some Viking fans thumb their nose at the Gophers, thinking the Vikings are so superior because 3 times in the past quarter century,, they had seasons that were almost good enough.

I realize that I wasn't alive in the '60s/70s but how did Denny ruin the Vikings for you. He was extremely successful?? The '98 was the best Vikings team in their history!

I don't hate the Vikings and this is going to come off very snobby, but did the a Vikings start to attract a more um, less sophisticated group of fans when PA became popular on Kfan.

I wouldn't attribute that to PA. The 1998 team flipped the fanbase from your grizzled old chain-smoking middle aged fan who remembered the days of the old Met Stadium to the younger generation that grew up on MTV, video games and never attended a game outside.

It's a well known fact that kids are stupid.

I wouldn't attribute that to PA. The 1998 team flipped the fanbase from your grizzled old chain-smoking middle aged fan who remembered the days of the old Met Stadium to the younger generation that grew up on MTV, video games and never attended a game outside.

I can confirm. I was in elementary school when the Vikings had their 1998 season. My father is a packer fan (raised in Wisconsin, went to the U) and was successfully raising me to be a packer fan up until that season. After we went 4-0 in the preseason, all my friends were drinking that Viking Kool-Aid and I wanted some. I jumped on that bandwagon and have stayed on it ever since.

Worst decision I've ever made.

I love the Vikings and tOSU having heaters will not make any difference. I do hate the Packers. They reek of white trash scum.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure why the Vikings would give the visitors more comfort. if it was reversed we would be told not to help the visitors out.

but even with heaters i think the guys from the East learn that the cold is just cold and if they are mentally strong they can play through it.

our guys better be ready. this is not a Iowa team coming in that doesn't want to get hit when they are cold.

shoudl be a good old fashion battle in the tundra!

The 98 game, and for sure the 12 men in the huddle game, is when us old schoolers officially jumped off.

Actually mid-schoolers jumped off. All the old school guys I know jumped off after the Drew Pearson push off and 0-4 Super Bowl.

It was way too easy for that panhandling billionaire owner to dupe MN politicians into wasting millions in taxpayer money on a billion dollar playground for millionaire brats. Enjoy it rubes.

I love the Vikings, but I love the Gophers more.

The NFL is becoming nearly unwatchable. Teams can't play defense anymore so it has become arena football.

Sleazy owner who caters to a child beater. The fans? Just look at the d-horns that want Peterson playing.

not sure why the Vikings would give the visitors more comfort. if it was reversed we would be told not to help the visitors out.

but even with heaters i think the guys from the East learn that the cold is just cold and if they are mentally strong they can play through it.

our guys better be ready. this is not a Iowa team coming in that doesn't want to get hit when they are cold.

shoudl be a good old fashion battle in the tundra!

I heard it was the gophers who arrange to give them the Vikings heated benches. Just what I heard. That it was originally reported wrong.

Fantasy Football bugs me. Not sure why, but it does. When I was a youth, I loved the Vikings. In my early 20's, the Herschel Walker trade changed me to a bandwagon fan. By the time Randy Moss came around, I despised the Vikings. Now? I just don't pay much attention to them at all. To each their own.

Gophers = love of the game, Vikings = $$$. That's why I prefer the college game. Go Gophers!

I hate the Vikings because...

...I am a Detroit Lions fan, but I'm really losing interest in the NFL (like some here have already stated). Too obsessed with offense, making rule changes that continue to handcuff the defense, and a faux-concern for player safety is off-putting enough. And then to have a tool like Roger Goodell steering the ship makes it even more unpalatable.

I'm a Packers' fan, but that's the only place where we differ. I rarely watch an NFL game anymore and it's even more rare that I watch one beginning to end. Plus, the corporate side of the equation is sickening. Big kerfuffle over the fact that some teams/coaches can't use their I-pads on the sideline because Microsoft Surface is the official tablet of the NFL.

I stopped watching the NFL after some idiot linemen of the Vikings threatened a few cops.

... they pilfer our tax money in the name of corporate welfare and profits

Because the Vikings have had a negative impact on the Gopher Football Program

I don't hate the Vikings. Sure, I'll never be as excited about a Vikings game as I am about a Gophers game, but that doesn't mean I hate the Vikings.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

I don't necessarily hate them, I just hate the NFL in general, and therefore the Gophers have been and always will be #1 in the state for me and my family.

Agree. Roger Goodell is a complete boob who's pushing the NFL to a place I would not like to see it go. His ass needs the boot big time.

They are media hogs for sure. And their arrogant organization has always acted as if they've won something and are entitled to special treatment from the state. What exactly HAVE they won??

There are lots of reasons to hate that organization. Tommy Kramer's drunk driving. Keith Millard's "guns." The Love Boat. The damn horn and piped-in noise at the Dome. The carpetbagger owner from Texas and his ridiculous "Purple Pride!". The carpetbagger convicted felon who currently owns the team. Randy Moss. Adrian Peterson. Chris Cook. Koren Robinson, and all the other players who have been arrested to lead the NFL in that category over the last decade. Yes, they're an easy team to hate.

Because the Media portrays them as a storied winner, and they have never won anything.

Top Bottom