I hate the Vikings because.......

because they'll find a way to ruin Teddy Bridgewater.

But I love the Vikings.

because all football games last over two hours. Way too long.

I'm a Vikings fan.......but if you put a gun to my head and asked which team I'd prefer.......that's easy. You could take every pro team in Minnesota as long as you leave the Gophers football team.

I don't necessarily hate them, I just hate the NFL in general, and therefore the Gophers have been and always will be #1 in the state for me and my family.

I'm a Vikings fan.......but if you put a gun to my head and asked which team I'd prefer.......that's easy. You could take every pro team in Minnesota as long as you leave the Gophers football team.

+100

Media Hogs

Remember the media dolts are usually duplicitous in that little dance. Just saying. Although I do agree that they receive far more of the state football media coverage than they should, imo.

NFL has gone Nascar, but I used to really like watching the Vikings.

I don't necessarily hate them, I just hate the NFL in general, and therefore the Gophers have been and always will be #1 in the state for me and my family.

My thoughts exactly. In the words of Moe Sizlack, I'm a well wisher - in that I don't wish any "specific" harm.

NFL has gone Nascar, but I used to really like watching the Vikings.

Agreed. It is not just the Vikings, I just don't really enjoy watching NFL football in general anymore. Love college football though and wish the season was 16 games instead of 12.

I am a Green Bay Packer fan. Anything pro, I am Wisconsin (born there)...college, nothing but Gophers!

I like the fact that we live in a state with not only the Vikings and the Gophers but many other options to fulfill our sports needs (Lynx, TWolves, Twins, Wild, Gopher Basketball, soon MLS, etc.) How many states in the U.S. can boast of having that many options?!

Because they dash my hopes and dreams minutes into the first game or with seconds left in the NFC Championship game. Love the Vikes though.

Yeah to me having all the games to choose from on a Saturday with much less hype makes it better. The regional aspect adds interest with different styles of play coming from each conference.

Personally, I am a Charger fan, but the Vikings have always, and will always be, my second favorite NFL team, but I do not like the owner and I do not like the fact that they are lending heating equipment to the Buckeyes on Saturday... Someone had to say it.

I love the Vikings, Gophers, Twins, Timberwolves, and the Wild.

I hate the Vikings because...

...I am a Detroit Lions fan, but I'm really losing interest in the NFL (like some here have already stated). Too obsessed with offense, making rule changes that continue to handcuff the defense, and a faux-concern for player safety is off-putting enough. And then to have a tool like Roger Goodell steering the ship makes it even more unpalatable.

It doesn't help that the quality of the football in the NFL this year has just been boring. I think at least 75% of the games I've watched this year have been just plain boring.

Usually the games are much more exciting but not the case this year. College football on the other hand has been phenomenal this year.

It doesn't help that the quality of the football in the NFL this year has just been boring. I think at least 75% of the games I've watched this year have been just plain boring.

Usually the games are much more exciting but not the case this year. College football on the other hand has been phenomenal this year.

I think the college football playoff format's popularity is going to get bigger and bigger with the general public year after year. Similar to how many people in the country are so tuned in and interested in the college basketball NCAA selection/sorting process for a number of weeks every spring. This change to the college football landscape and how it decides a national champion is going to be bad news for the NFL's hold on the sporting public's attention in the long term imo. Honestly believe that you are going to see college football taking more and more of the casual sports fans from the NFL because of it.

I loved Tommy and WhiskeyWade. Got my heart broke after the lost in D.C. Then came Denny. He ruined the Vikes for me. I also hate how some Viking fans thumb their nose at the Gophers, thinking the Vikings are so superior because 3 times in the past quarter century,, they had seasons that were almost good enough.

because of the total collapse and blown opportunity to go to the Super Bowl and win it in the 1998 NFC championship game.

I don't hate the Vikings and this is going to come off very snobby, but did the a Vikings start to attract a more um, less sophisticated group of fans when PA became popular on Kfan.

Top Bottom