I can hear the chants starting in the barn....Let Royce Play...Let Royce Play....

millions2spare

Krav-Maga
Reaction score
It is time to let Royce Play. He has paid his dues and the team has suffered.
This is Big Time College hoops folks. To represent the University of Minnesota--We expect students to:

to Go to class
to work hard on the court
to grow as individuals
and to Win

Those looking for perfection in people should look themselves in the mirror before they throw stones.

LET ROYCE PLAY!
To have a chance to salvage this disaster of a season-WE NEED HIM!

It is time to let Royce Play. He has paid his dues and the team has suffered.
This is Big Time College hoops folks. To represent the University of Minnesota--We expect students to:

to Go to class
to work hard on the court
to grow as individuals
and to Win

Those looking for perfection in people should look themselves in the mirror before they throw stones.

LET ROYCE PLAY!
To have a chance to salvage this disaster of a season-WE NEED HIM!

Agreed. Whether people want to admit it, DI basketball is a business. The fact is that our business sucks and we have someone siding on the sidelines that could help immensely. Each day that Royce sits makes me lose more and more faith in Tubby and Joel.

I understand that he has changed his name to Roy Swipe.

wake up...losing to A&M,Portland,Miami, and Indiana and facing the NIT is a disaster...you must be real happy with Moral victory's. Not me, I am a true fan and expect them to win.

wake up...losing to A&M,Portland,Miami, and Indiana and facing the NIT is a disaster...you must be real happy with Moral victory's. Not me, I am a true fan and expect them to win.

Um, acutally I've seen a "disaster" with this program in the past, and sitting at 12-6 and 3-3 in the Big Ten doesn't qualify. Sorry, if that's your definition of a disaster, then I don't know what to tell you.

Thanks MJ, I guess I just have higher expectations for the boyz than most on this board. Unfortuantely, I will not be happy with an NIT Berth. Given the HYPE starting out the season, I would say most others would call an NIT BID a disaster as well. If this were a Monson team, then we would expect to lose to Portland,A&M,Indiana, and Miami. In my book, anything less than Sweet 16 is a poor season.

Thanks MJ, I guess I just have higher expectations for the boyz than most on this board. Unfortuantely, I will not be happy with an NIT Berth. Given the HYPE starting out the season, I would say most others would call an NIT BID a disaster as well. If this were a Monson team, then we would expect to lose to Portland,A&M,Indiana, and Miami. In my book, anything less than Sweet 16 is a poor season.

You might need to make some 'in-season adjustments' to your expectations.

Believe me, so do I. But as a long-time fan, I have seen disasters with this program in the past and this doesn't equate to one for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm very disappointed with most things that have gone on and an appearance in the NIT would just be the icing on the cake with that one. However, the fact that an NIT appearance would be considered a success under Monson tells you just how far we've come and where we were at before (a REAL disaster in my eyes), which is why I'm not completely down. I guess you could call me a little over-patient; but that's the symptom of being a Minnesota fan. :p;)

I am going to make an appeal to raise the bar just a bit. This is BIG TIME hoops. I am not down on Coach at all. He lost his two impact recruits. However, the boyz should be playing a lot better than they are. Facing an NIT Bid would be a huge step back for a program that should be sweet 16 team next year. I agree the Monson era was a true disaster. Tubby Smith does not have a track record
in my eyes where we should settle for anything less than a NCAA berth this year and a sweet 16 appearance next year. Even without the 2 big recruits, losses to Indiana,Miami,Portland, and A&M wth only one signature win is mediocre and totally unacceptable...My standards are a bit higher that is all.

It is not too late! The Good news in Hoops, One impact player can make a huge difference and can make a young and up&coming or mediocre supporting cast look great! Look at what Humphry's did for a really poor Gopher team!

LET ROYCE PLAY NOW!

One impact player can make a huge difference and can make a young and up&coming or mediocre supporting cast look great! Look at what Humphry's did for a really poor Gopher team!
Are you on drugs? Or do you just not know Gopher basketball history?

FYI, we were 12-18 that year, 3-13 in Big 10 play.

I am going to make an appeal to raise the bar just a bit. This is BIG TIME hoops. I am not down on Coach at all. He lost his two impact recruits. However, the boyz should be playing a lot better than they are. Facing an NIT Bid would be a huge step back for a program that should be sweet 16 team next year. I agree the Monson era was a true disaster. Tubby Smith does not have a track record
in my eyes where we should settle for anything less than a NCAA berth this year and a sweet 16 appearance next year. Even without the 2 big recruits, losses to Indiana,Miami,Portland, and A&M wth only one signature win is mediocre and totally unacceptable...My standards are a bit higher that is all.

It is not too late! The Good news in Hoops, One impact player can make a huge difference and can make a young and up&coming or mediocre supporting cast look great! Look at what Humphry's did for a really poor Gopher team!

LET ROYCE PLAY NOW!

Absolutely agree that this team should be playing a lot better than they are. But considering how many things have gone wrong this year, I'm willing to stay the course. Nothing wrong with having higher standards as I also had very high expectations at the start of the year. But all things considered, I'm willing to take a step back. However, if this trend continues into next season or the following one, you can sure I will be up in arms.

Explain SGL

Chris Humphrys dominated as a freshman. He kept the Gophers in many games. I would say that you must not know much about hoops if you don't recognize the impact that ONE suerstar player can do for a team.

Let ROYCE PLAY!

Explain SGL

Chris Humphrys dominated as a freshman. He kept the Gophers in many games. I would say that you must not know much about hoops if you don't recognize the impact that ONE suerstar player can do for a team.
I'll spell it out for you: THE ONE YEAR KRIS HUMPHRIES (notice the correct spelling) PLAYED FOR THE GOPHERS ('03-04), WE HAD A 12-18 OVERALL RECORD, AND FINISHED 3-13 IN THE BIG 10.

Explain SGL

Let ROYCE PLAY!

To be fair, I don't think the argument is against one player having a huge impact on a team. I think the argument is that Kris Humphries isn't a good example.

Imamgine how bad that team would have been without the 8th pick in the NBA draft
and instead of games being close would have been total blow-outs! I think he was FRSH of the year in Big ten??

This team has a MUCH better supporting cast and Royce White might propel them into the NCAA's....

My opinion only!

Expect him jan 31st vs OSU

LET ROYCE PLAY!

I imagine they were pretty horrible, because we didn't have the #8 pick in the NBA draft.

That team WAS awful, even with the (whatever he was) pick in the NBA draft.

All I know is that my 5 years at the U coincided with the last 5 years of the Monson era, and I sadly paid to watch some bad, bad basketball. That whole year was nothing but bad, bad basketball, although it improved noticeably after Moe Hargrowe quit.

this program is imploding.
royce holds the cards here..
he should take a redshirt and watch this thing go from bad to worse.... and watch tubby squirm for a change...

ROYCE ... PLEASE!

We all know that most of these "Let Royce Play" threads are started by one of your dawgs (buddies, pals, personal friends). They're not helping your case dude. If anything, they keep reminding us of the unfortunate decisions you've made and we get mad all over again.

Take your "pals" aside and tell them to stop it!

Some will be really upset (except for those of you who believe mediocre is a positive) when you make the NIT....

this program is imploding.
royce holds the cards here..
he should take a redshirt and watch this thing go from bad to worse.... and watch tubby squirm for a change...

Nomination for Most Ludicrous Post of the Year. Competition will be stiff but I think it has a chance.

semantics. "disaster" is a tough word, this team has had much worse seasons. however, we should be in a better place than we are right now; we have certainly not lived up to expectations so far. I do think one impact player can make a difference, however, let's all please remember Royce is a Frosh. no matter how talented a player, expecting him to turn this team around single-handedly in B10 play w/out having played an NCAA game yet is a lot of pressure. let's not judge him too harshly if he looks rough around the edges. it would be awesome if he comes out guns blazing...but much like people one here who thought just hiring Tubby was enough to get to the Final 4 in 1-2 seasons, let's not expect Royce to be the player who turns this whole season around and takes us deep into the Dance. if he plays this season, I am just hoping he changes the team chemistry a little and gets us playing more like a team.

Hey Hooferrete...

Good point. I think this kid is dynamic and likes pressure. He was rated by rivals and SI to be the big ten frosh of the year and the biggest impact PF in the country. John Wall was predicted to be the PG with the most impact....TIME WILL TELL I HOPE!

let royce play!

semantics. "disaster" is a tough word, this team has had much worse seasons. however, we should be in a better place than we are right now; we have certainly not lived up to expectations so far. I do think one impact player can make a difference, however, let's all please remember Royce is a Frosh. no matter how talented a player, expecting him to turn this team around single-handedly in B10 play w/out having played an NCAA game yet is a lot of pressure. let's not judge him too harshly if he looks rough around the edges. it would be awesome if he comes out guns blazing...but much like people one here who thought just hiring Tubby was enough to get to the Final 4 in 1-2 seasons, let's not expect Royce to be the player who turns this whole season around and takes us deep into the Dance. if he plays this season, I am just hoping he changes the team chemistry a little and gets us playing more like a team.[/QUOTE]

team chemistry is a product of the coach.. not any one player. how can RW improve it?

for that matter, how can RW improve Colts hands?, Devoe's feet?, Westbrooks vision?, RS3's passion??

Top Bottom