Hypothetical - question on successful season

I take a wider view of the season. I don't really have any additional enthusiasm for so-called rivalry games. Whoever lines up facing my team at the kickoff is my rival. I'd like the Gophers to beat Iowa and Wisconsin just like I'd like them to beat Rutgers and Northwestern. I enjoy good execution on the field. As to rating a successful season, the Gophers have already done that this year. More wins are a bonus to me.

I don't care so much about rivalries either but I wouldn't say that I weigh all victories equally. Victories over winning (or at least .500) teams mean more than victories over losing teams.

I think it is pretty clear we lost a lot more on the offensive side of the ball last year than we thought earlier in the season, then CRAB got hurt.

I go to games for entertainment. I don't really understand what underpins people's idea of "should" or anything like that. As best can tell folks feel we "should" always get better, but that sort of clashes with ... any experience I've ever had with sports ever ...

It has been an entertianning season for me so that's great. Beat Iowa, I'll say very entertainning.
This is our group in a nutshell. We really do not focus on particle players just each play and it's result. We stay to the completion of games and try respect the teams on the field.

I don't care so much about rivalries either but I wouldn't say that I weigh all victories equally. Victories over winning (or at least .500) teams mean more than victories over losing teams.
Agree, not all victories are equal as ones against better teams are more difficult thus more satisfying. But teams people consider rivals aren't necessarily strong -- instead they are usually assigned the "rival" label because of geographic proximity.

Top Bottom