Hypocrites

IDFM

Reaction score
Isn’t it funny how during recruiting season all these schools act like polar bears are picking off kids off of playgrounds, that Eskimos are building igloos on Lake Minnetonka, or that winter in Minnesota exist from August through May?

Yet when we are about to play someone, somehow their weather is suddenly just like ours and that there is no difference whatsoever. They believe that their players will have zero problems adjusting to the conditions.

You can’t have it both ways.

Isn’t it funny how during recruiting season all these schools act like polar bears are picking off kids off of playgrounds, that Eskimos are building igloos on Lake Minnetonka, or that winter in Minnesota exist from August through May?

Yet when we are about to play someone, somehow their weather is suddenly just like ours and that there is no difference whatsoever. They believe that their players will have zero problems adjusting to the conditions.

You know what i say... "It don't f'n matter"

How can you respect someone that's never driven a truck on a lake to go ice-fishing. Sheesh...

ht_siku_7029_jef_120216_wblog.jpg

What is wrong with Polar Bears?!!?

Attachments

• ht_siku_7029_jef_120216_wblog.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 25

You obviously have never watched The Colbert Report. If you did, then you would know that Polar Bears and all bears in general are by far THE number one threat to America and our way of life. They must be dealt with and dealt with sternly. Especially the soulless and Godless stripper bears out there. They have no shame whatsoever.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HgOEpzSNGng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good point!

Btw - Polar bears have also awoken from their ice induced slumbers and learned to fly fighter jets. You still think polar bears are so damn cute?! Don't let these cute little tricksters lull you into complacency. For proof just see below. Scary as hell. Sends chills up my spine just watching what these fury monsters are now capable of. If they get a hold of our nuclear codes we are in real trouble.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8THGqrjUDGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, then neither can we. We can't say the weather here isn't drastically different than most of B1G country for recruiting (before MD and NE were added, I'd say this was largely true) but then claim we've got some major advantage in the cold because our players are used to it.

If our style of play favors cold weather where passing becomes difficult and speed differential is lessened.. fine, let that be the narrative. But I doubt our players from TX/FL/etc are really going to be a whole lot more comfortable playing outside in this than OSU's will be. Now, bring up an SEC team where there are zero midwestern kids on the roster AND they never play in colder late season games AND they never spend a full winter on cold campuses? Ok, we probably have an advantage. I just don't buy it against MSU, OSU, Mich, etc of the world.

First line of a story I just read:

GILE, Wis. -- An area of northern Wisconsin near the Michigan state line already has recorded more than 4 feet of snow just since Monday.

If Wisconsin and Michigan can successfully deflect this fact by saying the areas getting the snow are 4 hours north of them, then we should be able to say the same about frigid cold in the winter.

What we have in Jerry Kill is a transformational leader, who doesn't impair social relationships, exudes charisma, has a clear vision, communicates well, and inspires. If you want to worry about the weather more than the team climate, well then, please do go south.

Well, then neither can we. We can't say the weather here isn't drastically different than most of B1G country for recruiting (before MD and NE were added, I'd say this was largely true) but then claim we've got some major advantage in the cold because our players are used to it.

So what you're saying is that everyone is a hypocrite? Sounds right to me.

Can we go back to discussing the Polar Bear threat? I was laughing during that portion of this thread.

He's hurt by your nasty words.

119983-polar-bears-cute-polar-baby-bear.jpg

Good point IDFM. Let's say if Carter Coughlin decides to stay home and picks Minnesota over Ohio State, you know there would be multiple OSU fans saying something like "why would he want to go to school in the tundra?". However, I just read a game preview on an OSU site dismissing the cold conditions this weekend because Columbus can get cold too and they have a lot of players from the midwest.

tOSU's entire OL is from Ohio and 5 of the front 7 on defense are from Ohio as well. Bosa is from Florida. Weather will have more affect on how well OSU throws and catches the ball.

Can we go back to discussing the Polar Bear threat? I was laughing during that portion of this thread.

He's hurt by your nasty words.

119983-polar-bears-cute-polar-baby-bear.jpg

Gopher fans are not the only one we have to deal with Polar Bears.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2ic3xNfEP_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Btw - Polar bears have also awoken from their ice induced slumbers and learned to fly fighter jets. You still think polar bears are so damn cute?! Don't let these cute little tricksters lull you into complacency. For proof just see below. Scary as hell. Sends chills up my spine just watching what these fury monsters are now capable of. If they get a hold of our nuclear codes we are in real trouble.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8THGqrjUDGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That Polar Bear has one helluva slap shot!

I'm pretty sure this is coach Kill. Molder of Men(and Polar Bears). A stabbing Polar Bear ain't nothing to him. Look how he gets this one to shape up.

Good point IDFM. Let's say if Carter Coughlin decides to stay home and picks Minnesota over Ohio State, you know there would be multiple OSU fans saying something like "why would he want to go to school in the tundra?". However, I just read a game preview on an OSU site dismissing the cold conditions this weekend because Columbus can get cold too and they have a lot of players from the midwest.

The weather teams use against us isn't the weather in November it is the weather in January when it is sub zero and freezing. There is very little difference in overall weather across the Big Ten during the season so I highly doubt anyone is using gameday temps as a focus to recruit against us.

The difference during CFB season isn't much different. The difference during part of the year when kids are on campus is. Not that hard to figure out.

Future jet fighter assassins. Don't let the unbelievable cuteness fool you.

Ursus_maritimus_us_fish.jpg

quit making polar bears out to be cuddly and cute.

large.jpg

quit making polar bears out to be cuddly and cute.

large.jpg

This image was taken outside of Williams Arena right? That looks like a freshman that bear is eating.

I guess that bear didn't want to share a coke with the seal after all...

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom