Huntington Bank Stadium

When Huntington merged with TCF, they could have (and should have) trademarked their logo in many color combinations, not limited to maroon & gold.

That would give them more opportunities for affinity cards & accounts. In addition to having a maroon logo on Huntington Bank Stadium.
Most companies have just a couple color options, usually the primary colors and then a black and white option ... that's about it.

Typical branding practices just don't allow for a lot of different color options.

Well, since the bank is from Ohio...could have been the Bobcat's green...

1625071643011.png
Or the tBucknut's red...
1625071708531.png

This however is a particulary repulsive shade of green...similar to the color at the bottom of my GH moniker when I'm online...

if "The Bank" is still the preferred choice of nicknames for the stadium, I suggest

"The Hunting Ground" as an alternative. Tie it in with Boye Mafe "hunting" for QB's, or Mo "Hunting" for the end zone.

if "The Bank" is still the preferred choice of nicknames for the stadium, I suggest
What happens when the next sponsor is not a Bank?

It's the Brickhouse, end of story. Never use The Bank ever again, correct every person you meet who says the Bank.

Can we PLEASE start a Change.org petition to change this horrid logo? This is basically the failed-CyHawk Trophy of stadium logos :sick:

Do you know how petitions work? Not the way you think, I guess.

Oh...forgot our very often foe (x4) in the 2000s the Toledo Rockets...

1625086494289.png

At least then we'd be showing the colors of one of our legacy rivals Meesheegin...

What happens when the next sponsor is not a Bank?

It's the Brickhouse, end of story. Never use The Bank ever again, correct every person you meet who says the Bank.
How about no sponsors!! Minnesota Stadium is fine. Ck out mI have,Ohio st, iowa,wisconsin. No corporate sell outs there.

How about no sponsors!! Minnesota Stadium is fine. Ck out mI have,Ohio st, iowa,wisconsin. No corporate sell outs there.
What fantastic ideas do you have for bringing in revenue and paying for the stadium and facilities?

You do realize we don't get a ton of say in game time? Games are on TV these days.
That stadium should never have been built. Could still be indoors and sharing with vikings
what hi powered player wants to play up here in -10F Whole thing was a bad idea

That stadium should never have been built. Could still be indoors and sharing with vikings

This is a joke, right? Otherwise you should be banned for stupidity.

Did you attend games at the Metrodome? It felt like the Gophers where tenants/renters and not home owners. While the dome could get loud it was stale and packed with wisconsin/Iowa fans too frequently.

In terms of weather, I forgot the NFL played games in wisconsin, New York, Buffalo, New England...never gets cold there. Somehow the badgers survive too.

You'd prefer to be off campus in a purple stadium (I am a hard core Vikings fan, no ripping USBS at all) with zero ties to the University?? Picture this for football...usbankbaseball-um-2.jpg

What fantastic ideas do you have for bringing in revenue and paying for the stadium and facilities?
Easy answer... JUST WIN, BABY!

Fans go to games to see winning programs. About the only exception to this rule that I can think of is with the Cubs. Cub fans have never cared about winning. It was the atmosphere of Wrigley.

Does anyone know if any details on contract renegotiation occurred? If not....whoever was handling this blew it. And the regents should be ashamed for approving it.

Naming right deals have been rising since this deal was signed around 12 years ago. They should have either demanded an increase in yearly payments....or demanded that the logo colors are altered to fit our color scheme. If not....shop the naming rights around. I'd be surprised if 3M wouldn't be interested.

This gets the award for dumbest post of the year! We could still be at the Dome, staring at all the empty blue seats, not being able to have our own locker room, not being able to bring recruits in to see the field they would be playing on because there is a tractor pull going on, not being able to have our Spring Game there because the Twins are playing, not being able to rush the field like Penn State 2 years ago, because security would be there to stop it as there is a Viking game there the next day. Thank God we got the new stadium built, it's one of the best venues for college football I've ever seen, and I'be been to a lot of them, including every BIG10 stadium except Rutgers.

Maybe they'll pay to have a maroon field installed, to make the green logo more prominent.

Let's start winning some football. These discussions would be moot.

Top Bottom