Huntington Bank Stadium

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
#8 Loudest stadium in the B1G.

Gotta get the green off the logo!!!!!

We U lost on that deal, big time.
I feel like the deal was made until the “market” for that thing was really a thing.

if the stadium was built 4 years later the whole deal would’ve looked different

It is like buying a house in late 2007. Whoops

Any ties to Huntington Learning Center? (they also have similar color green logo)

Surprising that First Bank never sued them for jacking their 70’s style logo.

Oh my gosh, it is a chintzy Burger King hat!

It puts the U in(to) "Ugly". :sick:

I feel like the deal was made until the “market” for that thing was really a thing.

if the stadium was built 4 years later the whole deal would’ve looked different

It is like buying a house in late 2007. Whoops
Didn’t we redo it fairly recently? Thought it got extended.

Make the hex-H Minnesota gold and surround the Huntington with maroon...or as someone said go full banana with UM gold...

Also, this is what happens with stadium naming deals, businesses close/merge. If you’re gonna take the money, you’re going to have to live with the potential of this.

Didn’t we redo it fairly recently? Thought it got extended.
This is still the original deal I think. I believe it expires around 2034? Don’t know why we would’ve redone the deal less than halfway into it. We are 12 seasons into a 25 year deal.

the land of lakes donation for naming writes on the practice facility is only 30% less than the stadium donation. That’s how you know the stadium deal was a bad deal.

This is still the original deal I think. I believe it expires around 2034? Don’t know why we would’ve redone the deal less than halfway into it. We are 12 seasons into a 25 year deal.

the land of lakes donation for naming writes on the practice facility is only 30% less than the stadium donation. That’s how you know the stadium deal was a bad deal.

They modified it it some way a few years back. It did things like add the logo to the field and some other things for extra money. Not sure if it changed the original length of the original deal or anything though

Hoping they do signage like they did with 3M at Mariucci on the outside...fine with putting the logo as is on the field but everywhere else I hope it's like 3M.
1624978181023.png

Huntington Bank is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio :mad:. To prevent dilution of the U of M's own brand, would have been better if the license agreement provided that the U, at the option of the Regents, could terminate the license if any name other than "TCF Bank" was used by license holder or an assignee. Wait until Huntington Bank is acquired by Wisconsin Bank & Trust. Talk about being owned by the Badgers.

Huntington Bank is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio :mad:. To prevent dilution of the U of M's own brand, would have been better if the license agreement provided that the U, at the option of the Regents, could terminate the license if any name other than "TCF Bank" was used by license holder or an assignee. Wait until Huntington Bank is acquired by Wisconsin Bank & Trust. Talk about being owned by the Badgers.
The agreement prohibits the use of geographic identifiers outside the market or references to other teams, so it couldn't be "Bank of Wisconsin Field" or "Hawkeye Meats Stadium."

They modified it it some way a few years back. It did things like add the logo to the field and some other things for extra money. Not sure if it changed the original length of the original deal or anything though
The original deal runs through the 2030 season. (I think the deal itself, which included other things like ATMs, runs through the 2030-31 academic year). They modified it in 2017 to allow for additional signage for TCF Bank (like the on field logos) and additional money for the U ($8M+ which I think went to help fund the Athletes Village). A ten year option to extend the agreement was added that has to be exercised by September 30, 2021. That calls for a $4M payment and then annual payments of $1.3M or thereabouts.

Last edited:

Can we talk about how the logo doesn't fit after they changed it on the back of the big board?

Before (it fits):

fits.png

After (does not fit ...):

doesnotfit.png

Can we PLEASE start a Change.org petition to change this horrid logo? This is basically the failed-CyHawk Trophy of stadium logos :sick:

1624983672774.png

Top Bottom