How's Koi doing?

10.87 May of 2024 for Koi as a senior. Cooper's time was also as a senior. Both of them have multiple times in the low 11's. I think they are likely comparable. Very similar size too. My eye test is that Cooper is slightly faster, but we'll see. Koi seems very quick and instinctive and seems like a very good leaper, but Cooper was that way too. Hey, if Koi turns into Cooper or, even better, Robert Smith, we'll all be very happy! Both amazing athlete's and football players.

Cooper ran mid-4.4 40's while Smith ran upper 4.5's for the NFL draft. I feel like the training for the 40 has gotten better though and times have come down. Everything is such a science nowadays. It was posted here previously on GopherHole that Koi has already run a 4.54 40. My money says he is around a 4.5 40 when he's tested for the draft in a few years. That's plenty fast enough for an NFL safety.
Robert or Harrison...both great athletes!

Kerry Brown is a hell of a player too. He is not losing all his playing time to Koi. They will find a way to get Brown on the field (might mean less time for Gousby and Bryson).

Brown and Perich are our best safeties by far. Gousby and Bryson aren't starting B1G quality. Brown is undersized but he hits like a truck and is always filling well in the run game. Play Koi as a center fielder at free safety like we did with Winfield and let him roam around and make plays.

And you know this how? Do you really think the USC player was worried about getting chewed out by the equipment manager for not coming back to the sidelines with "their" football?

I don't think anyone was caring about who owns that particular football at that time - the USC guy was just being petty.
So if you put in my whole quite I said their guy was pissed and should have just waited for Koi to drop the ball. He absolutely was being petty but he was also very clearly trying to get the ball back when they cut away from the shot.

Brown and Perich are our best safeties by far. Gousby and Bryson aren't starting B1G quality. Brown is undersized but he hits like a truck and is always filling well in the run game. Play Koi as a center fielder at free safety like we did with Winfield and let him roam around and make plays.
Disagree on Gousby not being starting caliber. You may be right that Brown and Perich our the best two of the bunch but Gousby has been good this year and was missed against Iowa.

Unfortunately Bryson is not getting it done and is very likely the odd man out of any sort of rotation if the other 3 are healthy.

So if you put in my whole quite I said their guy was pissed and should have just waited for Koi to drop the ball. He absolutely was being petty but he was also very clearly trying to get the ball back when they cut away from the shot.
I don't wanna argue (too much) with ya cuz you're a good poster, but what do you mean by "trying to get the ball back"? I think most of us here think he just wanted to knock it out of Koi's hands and nothing more.

Since you mentioned your previous post, do you still honestly feel he was getting it for the equipment manager so they could make sure to arrive back in LA with the same number of footballs they departed with? I don't.

No one can prove you wrong unless they were in the student section and noticed that the USC player didn't pick up the ball afterwards. Maybe @StudentSectionMenace was there lol?

Unfortunately Bryson is not getting it done and is very likely the odd man out of any sort of rotation if the other 3 are healthy.
This I agree with. His scholly needs to go to a portal player next year.

I don't wanna argue (too much) with ya cuz you're a good poster, but what do you mean by "trying to get the ball back"? I think most of us here think he just wanted to knock it out of Koi's hands and nothing more.

Since you mentioned your previous post, do you still honestly feel he was getting it for the equipment manager so they could make sure to arrive back in LA with the same number of footballs they departed with? I don't.

No one can prove you wrong unless they were in the student section and noticed that the USC player didn't pick up the ball afterwards. Maybe @StudentSectionMenace was there lol?
Here is what I see....#8 jogs over and clearly reaches for the ball in what to me looks like an effort to grab it but then the camera cuts away. Obviously there is no way of knowing his exact intentions but the way he approached the celebration and reaches for the ball to me looks way more like someone trying to grab it then someone just going over trying to be a jackass. But we can agree to disagree.....won't be the first time and definitely won't be the last :)

20 seconds or so is where the incident in question happens:

The advantage Perich has over AWJR is that he is 3 inches taller. AWJR was undersized which is why he didn't get the attention he deserved as a recruit but he proved what kind of player he was once he got here and is killing it in the NFL.

Perich seems to have a nose for the ball and is a playmaker. Hopefully he can stay healthy so that we get to enjoy multiple years of him patrolling the secondary making plays. We got cheated out of a big chunk of AWJR's college career due to the season ending injuries he suffered.
That 3 inch difference might be giving Winfield too much credit. Probably more like 5 inches.

Just saw Perich was national freshman of the week but not big ten player of the week. What’s up with that? Very strange!

Gousby and Bryson both have strengths. Bryson has size. I could see him as a nickel back next year, once Henderson moves on …

Top Bottom