How will Claeys do at the helm?

Derhey

Reaction score
I know it is soon and most will miss Jerry Kill, but I will throw is out there...how will Claeys do running the team? What are the chances that he gets the job full-time? If not, who would you like to see the Gophs hire?

I would be shocked if they decided to bring in new staff after all the progress they've made the past few years, so I would expect it's Claeys' job if he wants it. Claeys did fine the last time he was in this position so I wouldn't expect too much to be different the rest of this year.

Claeys could have had other Head Coaching jobs the past few years. I expect him to do fine and be named Head Coach at the end of the season.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'm fine with keeping the staff at least for another year. Too much progress has been made to just scrap it and start over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it is soon and most will miss Jerry Kill, but I will throw is out there...how will Claeys do running the team? What are the chances that he gets the job full-time? If not, who would you like to see the Gophs hire?

Season is already tanking, so he won't really get credit or blame for much. Then we'll have a search committee and they can hire hopefully the right person. Granted it would be nice to have an AD first.

Season is already tanking, so he won't really get credit or blame for much. Then we'll have a search committee and they can hire hopefully the right person. Granted it would be nice to have an AD first.

Yes. 4-3 with still a chance to win all 3 trophies. Tanked indeed.

The last thing a program is instability. Claeys is more than capable, and has shown that he can do this job.

Recruits on social media seem united. I think with Claeys we will keep the recruits. Get a new coaching staff and we might lose them.

I think naming Claeys HC permanently is the only way to go here. I think he's proven himself, I think he's earned it. I just personally prefer a different style of offensive football so selfishly/aesthetically would prefer to see something new (assuming he'd keep Limegrover and the offensive plan), but based on where we are at and everything. I think you make the obvious move to Claeys and he will do really great here.

Claeys to head coach. He'll be steady. Bring in Tyrone Carter as the DB coach to replace Sawvel who should take over as D coordinator. Keep the staff in place. The constellation matters more than the brightest star.

If he needs a cushy, less stressful job I hope Kill considers the AD role.

I think naming Claeys HC permanently is the only way to go here. I think he's proven himself, I think he's earned it. I just personally prefer a different style of offensive football so selfishly/aesthetically would prefer to see something new (assuming he'd keep Limegrover and the offensive plan), but based on where we are at and everything. I think you make the obvious move to Claeys and he will do really great here.

There are at least 7 other jobs open already, I think it makes complete sense to name TC the head coach and retain the staff. From a recruiting stand point it makes sense and from an administration stand point it makes sense. There is going to be so much movement this off season, AD's are going to be fighting to get interviews. Minnesota is certainly a more attractive job with what Coach Kill has built and now the Athletics Village groundbreaking coming up, but I still think it's a tough job to sell. I do think TC will allow Limegrover to open up the playbook more, so we will see how that goes.

No outside coach worth their salt will want to come into a situation with an interim-AD at the helm. Keep Claeys, continue to build, lock up the recruits, pray for Coach Kill.

Recruits on social media seem united. I think with Claeys we will keep the recruits. Get a new coaching staff and we might lose them.

That's to be expected and taken with a big grain of salt. Most recruits aren't going to flippantly announce, "Kill's retiring? I'm OUT!"

We won't know the real effect on recruits for some time.

Claeys did well when Jerry was out and seems like a tough, great motivator. They should hire him! He deserves his shot and has made the defense a good unit. Injuries have derailed this year.

They would be crazy not to name Claeys the head coach. It is a no -brainer. Kill was building a program. A program is bigger than the head coach.

I am in favor of handing the reigns to Tracy. We should keep most recruits, and the staff will stick around too. Let's see what he does in the next year and a half.

Top Bottom