How ugly will it get next saturday?

Big Play

Reaction score
I think its going to be brutal!! 67-3! Butt Beilima will be going for 2 after every TD! Ball will have 400yds! And Kills seat will be starting to get warm!

If we can't stop Iowa and NW from running the ball, next week will be very, very ugly. They will run at will and play action us to death. I think they call off the dogs and win 42-10.

If we can't stop Iowa and NW from running the ball, next week will be very, very ugly. They will run at will and play action us to death. I think they call off the dogs and win 42-10.

Beilima will not call off the dogs he is to big of a d bag no class!

BB won't call off the dogs if he thinks he has a chance to blow us out. That being said I have enough faith in our defense to keep them from totally running away with it. Unfortunately I also have almost no faith in our offense's ability to keep pace with an opponent on the scoreboard.

Anything can happen in college football but given the way the two squads are playing right now it would take a small miracle for us to bring the Axe home from Camp Randall on Saturday. One thing goes without saying and that is that we will have to play a flawless game on all three sides of the ball in order to have a shot. Would have felt better about this game early in the year when Wisconsin was really struggling. They seem to have found a bit of a rhythm the past couple of weeks and they are getting back to the style of play we are used to seeing from our neighbors to the East.

The game indeed may turn ugly, but no more ugly that that POS erector set stadium they play in, or the dysfunctional fan base that come across as the two mountain guys in the movie " Deliverance " Throw in a coach who looks like a rat in a coffee can and you have Becky football. Sorry, shooting your toe off with a 12 gauge is more pleasurable then a afternoon in Madison.

Their kicking game is terrible. Get a return TD or two?

If we can't stop the run better than we have up to now if will get ugly. I am not sure what defense we run but most of the time it looks like there are only two linebackers lined up. Maybe on of the linebackers has drifted out to cover a receiver or something. Once one of the linebackers gets blocked it is off to the races for the other team. Teams continue to attack our right side of our defense and yesterday the middle wasn't any better.

The game indeed may turn ugly, but no more ugly that that POS erector set stadium they play in, or the dysfunctional fan base that come across as the two mountain guys in the movie " Deliverance " Throw in a coach who looks like a rat in a coffee can and you have Becky football. Sorry, shooting your toe off with a 12 gauge is more pleasurable then a afternoon in Madison.

I hate it when people exaggerate like you. I never recall Madison being as nice as you’re describing it. Obviously, you don’t get the “No More Minnesota Nice” thing.

They've been up and down this year and have a freshman QB. It could go either way. Our run defense the past three games and Ball's numbers yesterday are clearly a cause for concern. I'm looking forward to Madison though. It is a great city and I'm going to try and track down some Three Floyds to bring home. Can't imagine finding a good liquor store in Madison will be too hard.

This feels like the perfect storm for a whitewash. The Gophers and Badgers are heading in opposite directions. It wouldn't shock me if the Gophers somehow pulled off the upset, but they'd have to have nearly every break go their way (for once) in order for that to happen.

I think its going to be brutal!! 67-3! Butt Beilima will be going for 2 after every TD! Ball will have 400yds! And Kills seat will be starting to get warm!

He won't be going for 2 in this game. Brewster is no longer your coach. That move was all about their verbal war.

Bielema likes Coach Kill too much for that. If we have a big lead in the game, he'll play the starters long enough to be sure there is no chance for a come back.

UW 31
UM 16

If we play like we did yesterday, I think it's going to get extremely ugly. Bielema may like Kill personally, but I don't think that will play into much of anything. Could be a 50+ point game for Wisconsin. Ball is going for the TD record and this could be a chance to get him there.

Wisconsin has an interesting passing game. Stave looks decent, but the thing that always marvels me about the Badgers is that they get their receivers open on really uncomplicated patterns. Always seems to be someone running free. Of course, when you run the ball like they have, you're going to see a lot of man coverage and if there's even the smallest wrinkle, it can throw off the defense.

Hey Rupie...it seems the gang at BuckyVille is in the mood for stupid humor. For some reason, you're being beckoned over there: http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/57110

If we play like we did yesterday, I think it's going to get extremely ugly. Bielema may like Kill personally, but I don't think that will play into much of anything. Could be a 50+ point game for Wisconsin. Ball is going for the TD record and this could be a chance to get him there.

Wisconsin has an interesting passing game. Stave looks decent, but the thing that always marvels me about the Badgers is that they get their receivers open on really uncomplicated patterns. Always seems to be someone running free. Of course, when you run the ball like they have, you're going to see a lot of man coverage and if there's even the smallest wrinkle, it can throw off the defense.

It's the play action. The DBs are in a hurry to provide run support. The Safeties are playing downhill against the run, and if the CB looks in the backfield and takes one false step, the WR runs past him. That's been the base for our passing game for 15 years. More to it than that, of course, but the big plays always seem to come from play action fakes.

Hey Rupie...it seems the gang at BuckyVille is in the mood for stupid humor. For some reason, you're being beckoned over there: http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/57110

When pigs fly NewBerlin. I strongly suspect the current meningitis outbreak was due in part to the contact with the low life's on Beckyville. I have no doubt the likes of danofiveo, Myles Long, SoCalBadger, to name just a few of you
clowns that are on tainted steroids. I'm assuming that is why most of your heads are twice the size of your bodies.

For the most part I don't think it has been play action that has been killing us. Maybe in the past it has. I think it is man vs man our run defense has been getting crushed. I watched the game over when I got back home from the game. A big hole opened on the line and our linebackers were being taken out. It looked like nothing special. The rain slowed them down as well as us in the second half. I think if Gray doesn't hurt himself we win the game. I think he would have been the difference against this defense.
It's the play action. The DBs are in a hurry to provide run support. The Safeties are playing downhill against the run, and if the CB looks in the backfield and takes one false step, the WR runs past him. That's been the base for our passing game for 15 years. More to it than that, of course, but the big plays always seem to come from play action fakes.

Strange things happen in college football. Let's play the game.

So true. Sure things do not exist in college football.

BigAppleBecky: leave your comments over on guttersnipe board you come from.
Ever heard the phrase: " Birds of a feather" ? You're over there bad mouthing every associated with Gopher football and then come over here with that vane comment. GFO pal!

This is a beauty of a post. Anyone want to take credit?

No two teams in the Big Ten are as clearly headed in opposite directions as the Minnesota Golden Gophers and the Wisconsin Badgers.

In his first two years as head coach, Tim Brewster took the Gophers from 1-11 to 7-6. That's going from last place to a bowl team in just one year. With the continued recruiting excellence that Brewster has shown, things are only going to get better, especially given how much the Gophers have to offer to potential recruits. Going to Minnesota means playing for one of the best up and coming coaches in the NCAA, in one of the best stadiums in the country (the almost brand new TCF Bank Stadium), playing against some of the best competition available (like the home-and-home series with USC) and experiencing the fabulous entertainment and dining of the Twin Cities.

By contrast, in his first three years as head coach, Bret Bielema took the Badgers from 12-1 to 9-4 and then 7-6. Quite clearly, an implosion is underway in Madison. Bielema has proven poor at making in-game decisions, and recruiting has continued to fall behind other Big Ten schools. As the school has relatively little to offer recruits (an old stadium, little tradition, games against the likes of Austin Peay, and a small, boring city) expect more and more of the state of Wisconsin's best players to head out of state to schools like Minnesota.

In Brewster's second year (Bielema's third) the two teams' records converged on 7-6. Expect them to diverge again soon, but with Minnesota competing for the Big Ten crown and Wisconsin struggling to avoid a losing record.

Becky is all the way butt ugly...

How ugly will it get? I guess that depends on which costume combination the Gophers decide to wear n Saturday. I'd recommend the urine colored pants, myself.

I'll go with 38-14 Wisconsin. Shouldn't be close and it probably won't be.

badgerman27, I hope this doesn't come out sideways, but I am old enough to remember football before there was play action. I should have been more clear in my post. What amazes me about the Wisconsin passing game is that a lot of times they run basically one-man patterns and the guy is open. It's not like the receivers are great. They are good. Toon, Brandon Williams, Aberderris (as WRs), Beckem, Daniels, Pederson (TEs), etc. are all decent receivers and it's not like they are running wide open down the field. If a CB bites on play action, he shouldn't be on the field.

Badgers have pedestrian QB play, an OL that is not nearly as good as in year's past and I just don't see them hammering us like some others do and scoring at will. I predict Beal and Reeves play a lot and we surprise with our ability to dampen their running game. Whether we can score enough to win; that's a big question if Gray can't play or play to the best of his abilities.

Top Bottom