How many potential NBA players on the Gopher roster?

alchemy2u

Reaction score
I know this is early, but it could be fun and it is a sign that the Gophers are recruiting better players. From not having any players get any B1G conference honors, to having back to back seasons of producing NBA players. Now we have a group of players that could see several go on to the NBA.

Obviously a lot of NBA potential on the Gopher roster. Not saying they are ready, but who could develop into a NBA player? How about Carr, Ihnen, Williams, Mashburn, Mutaf, Robbins and Gach.

I know this is early, but it could be fun and it is a sign that the Gophers are recruiting better players. From not having any players get any B1G conference honors, to having back to back seasons of producing NBA players. Now we have a group of players that could see several go on to the NBA.

Obviously a lot of NBA potential on the Gopher roster. Not saying they are ready, but who could develop into a NBA player? How about Carr, Ihnen, Williams, Mashburn, Mutaf, Robbins and Gach.
Way more than UW. We have out recruited some of the teams i support several times. That has never been the issue.

Carr and Gach have a shot at the D-league at least. Probably Robbins as well. The others are too early to tell.

I’d say Kalsheur has a better chance at the nba than Williams. Great shooter great defender has to he worth a look at the nba. He may lack a bit of athleticism and finishing ability but he’s got a chance.

Robbins will get a chance at the NBA

Ihnen, Carr, Gach all should make tryouts. So who knows from there.

With all this NBA talent anything short of a deep March Madness run has to be viewed as a failure.

Just playing the odds, I would say none right now. No one knows enough about most of the players yet. I don't think Carr will make the NBA. Time will tell whether any of the others have a shot.

Just playing the odds, I would say none right now. No one knows enough about most of the players yet. I don't think Carr will make the NBA. Time will tell whether any of the others have a shot.
I would agree, looking at how good Oturu is and where he is projected, I think it would be safe to say none of the players on the current roster have nearly the NBA potential. Of course that will play out and give us better insight this coming season. We probably have multiple pros on the roster, just not NBA pros.

Way more than UW. We have out recruited some of the teams i support several times. That has never been the issue.
Providing our guys get waivers and Carr comes back, our team should run Bucky off the court. I was already happy with what Pitino did recruiting-wise before Gach committed, now we get another incredible athlete in Gach. We've got weapons upon weapons this season. I think Pitino's been a fine coach but always struggled with roster management/lack of a decent bench. It will not be a problem this season.

Providing our guys get waivers and Carr comes back, our team should run Bucky off the court. I was already happy with what Pitino did recruiting-wise before Gach committed, now we get another incredible athlete in Gach. We've got weapons upon weapons this season. I think Pitino's been a fine coach but always struggled with roster management/lack of a decent bench. It will not be a problem this season.
Hope your right but UW will likely be a well oiled machine of efficiency. Look for them to be top 30 offense, top 15 defense . That makes them top 10.

Hope your right but UW will likely be a well oiled machine of efficiency. Look for them to be top 30 offense, top 15 defense . That makes them top 10.
I would be willing to play them in the Final Four. Not going to turn that down.

It would be nice, but let's just finish top 5 in conference 4 years in a row! If that happens I dont really care where wisconsin finishes.
Top 5 four years in a row probably is a all time record for this program. Hell, we have one winning record in 7 years and a single 4th place finish as our best. I will take that top 5 for 4 years.

Top 5 four years in a row probably is a all time record for this program. Hell, we have one winning record in 7 years and a single 4th place finish as our best. I will take that top 5 for 4 years.
Wow, you turn a Gopher NBA discussion into a Sconny scouting report. Have you no shame?

Top Bottom