How good is Athan Kaliakmanis?

I hope they still have the Cole Kramer wildcat package this season. It was very effective last season.

Kirk didn't run it his first time here, so who knows? If I were him, I would wait until the MSU game to answer that question.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Kirk always had a fun play show up late most years.

I hope they still have the Cole Kramer wildcat package this season. It was very effective last season.

Kirk didn't run it his first time here, so who knows? If I were him, I would wait until the MSU game to answer that question.
In lieu of Kramer taking snaps we've seen LeCaptain as a fullback -- hopefully both are in the bag for short yardage.

AK has certainly shown off his arm in his first two games. I feel really good about him looking over TM’s shoulder. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if TM is added to the staff going into the off season as a grad assistant helping KC to develop AK. Our future is very bright at the QB position with a healthy AK. Got Gophers!

AK has certainly shown off his arm in his first two games. I feel really good about him looking over TM’s shoulder. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if TM is added to the staff going into the off season as a grad assistant helping KC to develop AK. Our future is very bright at the QB position with a healthy AK. Got Gophers!
Knuth is good third string next year too

Think your off a year or 2. Kirk ran a ton of Wildcat with Seth in 2019.

working from a small sample size.

yes, the glimpses we've seen look good, but to really evaluate him, we will need to see him run the entire offense against - shall we say - stronger opposition.

the arm is great, but I am very interested to see what he brings in terms of mobility and a possible running threat - at least a running option when a play breaks down.

so my conclusion: I think he has a chance to be better than Vic Viramontes.

Howden backed it up. “I forgot what practice it was, but he was dropping them in like every rep we had,” he said. “You can tell that he is getting very mature; that is something that you need to do, especially at the quarterback position.”

Go Gophers!!

working from a small sample size.

yes, the glimpses we've seen look good, but to really evaluate him, we will need to see him run the entire offense against - shall we say - stronger opposition.

the arm is great, but I am very interested to see what he brings in terms of mobility and a possible running threat - at least a running option when a play breaks down.

so my conclusion: I think he has a chance to be better than Vic Viramontes.
Ah yes, Vic Viramontes. What I wouldn't give for a head of hair like his.

I think to give him some credit, it's a LITTLE bit more than having a good arm up to this point. Limited sample size and all that, the balls he's delivered have not only had good pace but they've been right on target. Kramer has been all over the place with his throws.

Yes, it's early, but damn there's certainly enough to be at least a little bit excited about. I think the kid can play

Unfortunately AK 47 would be terribly politically incorrect... well, that and wearing # 8.

AK is going to be very good. Let's get him some weapons on the outside.

I think the replacement is that heavy package with LeCaptain at FB, and the QB sneak.

Dude needs a knickname because I can't say any of that out loud ...

Same here, but we should work on this so we know it.

My understand is it is to pronounce Kaliakmanis.

"Cal-ee-ack-MAN-us"

Or

"Ca-lee-ek-MAN-is"

This website does it like this:

"Ka-LEE ach-ma-nees"

(this one sounds the smoothest).

Any of these three would probably be a good attempt.

There’s really no FCS team where he could just walk in and be guaranteed to start.

I would agree with that. You can see that Kramer doesn't appear to have a great deal of confidence in his passing either. He's good enough for shorter throws and spot situations but he's not the kind of QB you would trust when you need sustained drives against better competition.

I would agree with that. You can see that Kramer doesn't appear to have a great deal of confidence in his passing either. He's good enough for shorter throws and spot situations but he's not the kind of QB you would trust when you need sustained drives against better competition.
Yeah, tough to tell in limited opportunities. Haven’t really seen him attack downfield too much. I’d like him to stay for the depth of nothing else. Otherwise we only have three scholarship QBs unless they take another commit or transfer.

Nice arm, but hard to say on total package until he’s playing under pressure against P5. No doubt there will be a contingent looking to hook Morgan at the first sign of adversity surely coming down the pike in as soon as a few weeks. Have to trust the coaches aren't riding the wrong horse.

Looks good so far. He hits the requisite physical and bus factors for P5 starter, and by all appearances seems like a nice guy and family to root for to boot.
Looks to have the arm and I like the pocket presence, but he went into the game at the opportune time against less-than-average competition so getting a true read is difficult.

AK normally would wear #7. He's only wearing 8 because it's closes to #7. He's waiting for CrAB to leave.

So it will be AK(for)7(points).

Knuth is good third string next year too
Knuth should have the chance for a legit open competition next year during the spring. 12 is only a depth player can’t win with him in the B10 but both 8 and 9 have loads of ability. The problem in today’s world is whichever one does not win the competition probably transfers out.

Knuth should have the chance for a legit open competition next year during the spring. 12 is only a depth player can’t win with him in the B10 but both 8 and 9 have loads of ability. The problem in today’s world is whichever one does not win the competition probably transfers out.
Oh I agree. I like where mn sits

Top Bottom