How are guys that transferred away from MN doing?

How did Mahlman do for Wisc?

Hope he turns out to be another meh player, like Benhart. Think they're too good for the Gophers.

Watched him for a bit and stood in pocket and took some big hits delivering some nice throws. Not like the back-pedaling Zach as a freshman. Wish him the best

Agree he’s come a long way, showed good arm/accuracy - still likes to gunsling a little bit and thread the needle on strength of arm for better or worse... He connected with his brother on a nice play. If I had to guess he’ll have a pretty good year. Tough to go into Wisconsin against that defense under pressure all night.

Jacob Clark not even starting for Missouri State.

The starter Shelley is a former Utah -> Utah State -> Missouri State dual threat QB. Allegedly also had Clemson, Virginia offers out of high school. The great QB migration has more spread talented QBs into FCS.

Hope he turns out to be another meh player, like Benhart. Think they're too good for the Gophers.
He started. Had a holding call on a stretch run. Left in the 2nd half with an injury. Not sure the extent but I heard some rumors Badgers will lose their starting safety for the year.

Didn't see their game but looks like Dunlap started for Rutgers on the OL

Glad he left and didn’t play or start for us.

If I had to guess the main differentiator is ZA was/is a little careless with the ball which is a big no no for Fleck. Morgan has shown he can perform at a high level in the right system.

Didn't see their game but looks like Dunlap started for Rutgers on the OL
Would think he would start here this season. Either at LG, or at RG with Filiaga over at Left.

Clearly did not want to be at Minnesota, for whatever reasons. Didn't get along with coach, didn't like the area, I have no idea. Wonder if he only came back for Faalele, and when he decided to go for the draft that was that? Making that up, don't know.

Would think he would start here this season. Either at LG, or at RG with Filiaga over at Left.

Clearly did not want to be at Minnesota, for whatever reasons. Didn't get along with coach, didn't like the area, I have no idea. Wonder if he only came back for Faalele, and when he decided to go for the draft that was that? Making that up, don't know.
I don't know if he beats out Ruschmeyer. He was starting to take looks away from Dunlap last season (likely prompted his decision to quit on his team).

He quit in the middle of season and left us with zero RB depth. I have more respect for the guys who didn't quit on their teammates in the middle of the season.
He was on the team longer than Thomas and Irving. Yes leaving mid season isn’t ideal, but it also hurts having a guy leave after just a year or two, maybe not as much at RB, but it can be a real set back at other positions. Plus I felt like Wiley got ragged on more than he deserved here.

He was on the team longer than Thomas and Irving. Yes leaving mid season isn’t ideal, but it also hurts having a guy leave after just a year or two, maybe not as much at RB, but it can be a real set back at other positions. Plus I felt like Wiley got ragged on more than he deserved here.
A player leaving after a season, even if it’s after their 1st, is still better than leaving in the middle of any season. You can bring in someone to replace them in the offseason. You can’t do that in the middle of a season.

A player leaving after a season, even if it’s after their 1st, is still better than leaving in the middle of any season. You can bring in someone to replace them in the offseason. You can’t do that in the middle of a season.
Depends on the player. I’d rather have a third year backup who likely will never start leave midseason vs a promising player leave after one year. Ultimately Wiley leaving didn’t hurt the team, even with a ton of injuries. I think everyone would take Wiley leaving mid year over Irving leaving after one year.

The starter Shelley is a former Utah -> Utah State -> Missouri State dual threat QB. Allegedly also had Clemson, Virginia offers out of high school. The great QB migration has more spread talented QBs into FCS.
Saw the same thing, but the thing that puzzled me a bit about Clark's choice is that Missouri State runs an offense that features a lot of running by the QB. That wouldn't seem to be Clark's strength.

Saw the same thing, but the thing that puzzled me a bit about Clark's choice is that Missouri State runs an offense that features a lot of running by the QB. That wouldn't seem to be Clark's strength.
I think if I remember right his girlfriend was already at that school.

I don't know if he beats out Ruschmeyer. He was starting to take looks away from Dunlap last season (likely prompted his decision to quit on his team).
Fair enough, you could be right here.

All I could say in rebuttal is: wasn't Ruschmeyer considering hanging it up after last season, and had to be talked into coming back for his 6th year this season? Obviously being the starter helps that. If Dunlap had stayed, not sure if he comes back. But that's just wild guessing

Benhart is only a sophomore. I’m not a fan either but a few on here think freshman offensive lineman can’t improve. I remember one here that got schooled pretty bad by Iowa and turned out to be a decent player.

Depends on the player. I’d rather have a third year backup who likely will never start leave midseason vs a promising player leave after one year. Ultimately Wiley leaving didn’t hurt the team, even with a ton of injuries. I think everyone would take Wiley leaving mid year over Irving leaving after one year.
That situation hurts us more (promising player leaving after 1 season) than the veteran leaving midseason, but I think that promising player handled things much better. They didn't quit on their teammates.

Top Bottom