Horton gets 200+ pro-Gray emails

Horton is just brewster toned down a degree still has his nose up webers ass so nothing will change i intend to boo weber...he sucks not gray!!!

Right...cuz a guy that has been coaching for 30 years, has been a college head coach at two different places, has coached under Barry at Wisconsin, has coached in the NFL including with Matthew Stafford showed up and fell under Adam Weber's spell in seven months.

Can we please let you hire the next head coach?

Nevermind that he had fresh eyes and sees Gray and Alipate daily and continues with Weber. Like the days when Viking fans were pining for Salisbury.

God, people are so clueless. Gray was Brewster's biggest recruit snce January 2007 and he couldn't see the field behind center. How clueless are you? By he's so blindly loyal to Gray. Weber at QB in the fourth quarter and they win their bowl game last year

At this point I would rather watch Adam Lueck play QB than Weber. Nothing like a bad senior QB starting during the 2nd half of a lost season.

There are situations where I think it COULD hurt. Not being an insider to the squad I have no idea if any of those situations are relevant.

What the F are you talking about. How the F can it hurt to play next year's starter when this season is in flames and over? There is not one reason to play that d-bag that's been starting for 3 years one more play. He doesn't help us at all. The future starts now and the sooner d-bag-web stops playing the better off the team will be.

I don't care if Horton received 10k "Pro-Gray" emails, not one of those that emailed Horton is nothing less than a moron. Do these "Gray" emailers actually think that they are relevant and can affect the current situation? No, send your emails, but keep in mind that the "delete button" is a very useful feature.

They said the same thing about Brewster...now he's gone...

speaking of clueless

There is absolutely no logic in Weber playing quarterback this year. None.

Gray has proven to me he can play quarterback. I saw him in the spring game two years ago. He was better than Weber at that time. He has not gotten a chance to play. The only time he has played quarterback in a series was at Ohio State. (that I'm aware of) Other than that it has been plays...not a set of downs. How much more pressure could you put on him? I believe he can play.
If he can't, I'd surely like to know now versus learning after an o and 5 start next year.

Somebody has to play quarterback next year. The good: it can't be Weber. The bad: whoever it is will have zero experience. Makes zero sense. Zero!

Regarding Mr Horton's ability. He managed to lose something like 18 games in a row as a head coach. Obviously, he doesn't make decisions real well either.

What the F are you talking about. How the F can it hurt to play next year's starter when this season is in flames and over? There is not one reason to play that d-bag that's been starting for 3 years one more play. He doesn't help us at all. The future starts now and the sooner d-bag-web stops playing the better off the team will be.

Clearly you don't care what my thoughts on the subject are. You just want to insult a member of the team. Please don't drag me into your rancor.

horton

Maybe the coaches understand that it is difficult to learn a new offense every season and they are giving the backup QB's time to learn rather than send them out to fail. The coaches are at practice everyday and want to win. There would be no reason to hold back at this time. They owe loyalty to no one. What would happen to the Gopher faithful (if there is such a thing), if our backup QB was not all that we had hoped for? Would there be mass suicuides? Only on this board! Enjoy the rest of the season, or just quit going to the games if it is so painful. In the future when there is some continuity to the offensive and defensive schemes we will win. Instead of feeling sorry for yourselves, think of what this team has been through. It has not been easy having a rotating door to coaches, yet the team continues on, fighting for a win. This has been a difficult 4 years for all, but better times are ahead. Remember, it is only football, there is a big, beautiful world out there!

I'm guessing diefirma has been to more than one scrimmage to come to his assessment of Gray.

That being said, Gray doesn't look that much better than Web at QB outside of his feet quickness and his potential scrambling ability. In every scrimmage I've seen Gray at QB, he looked as inconsistent as Web. Not sure if that's a good enough argument for Gray to start or not, but it's what I've seen. Even in last years games when he played.. It seemed he'd show a tiny glimpse of his talent and then the next play put the rock on the ground.

That said, Horton knows he won't be around next year.. so why would he worry about getting Gray reps for next year? He just wants to win now, and that involves their assessment that Weber and Gray are comparable in QB ability, but Gray can't be playing both QB and WR at the same time.. Thus keeping both on the field.

I'll worry about Gray developing into our QB of the 'future' after this season's over. If he even sticks around..

I know it's pointless to be injecting any sort of objectivity, logic and rationale into the discussion with the Weber-haters.. But just thought I'd quote my post from the 1st page. I'm guessing the illogical fans (note: I said fans, not coaches) missed it the first time around..

I can't believe there are still Weber supporters out there. One of the best athletes on the team? have you seen him run. There are so many backup qbs in the nation who are superior to Weber it's amazing. Purdue's backup totally outplayed him. Weber has no quickness and he minces when he runs. He's slow, people. He can complete the bomb in garbage time and that's it. Even the Grieses were ripping on his lack of accuracy on easy passes. So because Horton starts him, that's proof he's better. For gods sake, we're not playing for anything so let's play for next year. Give Gray a chance, as John Lennon would say

I can understand them thinking that it gives us the best chance to win simply because Gray is our best receiver. But there is no reason that Gray shouldn't have been getting reps in some of the blowouts we've been in. And, there's no reason we shouldn't give him a few series of meaningful minutes in each game since this is a lost season already.

When you are 11-1 you don't change QB. 1-11 you look to next year. In this case, however, temp coach may be hoping for a miracle finish to move up to real consideration.

I can't believe there are still Weber supporters out there. One of the best athletes on the team? have you seen him run. There are so many backup qbs in the nation who are superior to Weber it's amazing. Purdue's backup totally outplayed him. Weber has no quickness and he minces when he runs. He's slow, people. He can complete the bomb in garbage time and that's it. Even the Grieses were ripping on his lack of accuracy on easy passes. So because Horton starts him, that's proof he's better. For gods sake, we're not playing for anything so let's play for next year. Give Gray a chance, as John Lennon would say

Did you just *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing read the post above you?! Why the hell would the current 'coach' play Gray to prep him for next year when the coach won't be coach next year? It would do NO good to Gray to give him game time in this offense if next year the offense is completely revamped.

It boggles my mind that armchair coaches like you think you know more about our QBs than the guys that see and work with them EVERY DAMN DAY!!!

Did you just *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing read the post above you?! Why the hell would the current 'coach' play Gray to prep him for next year when the coach won't be coach next year? It would do NO good to Gray to give him game time in this offense if next year the offense is completely revamped.

It boggles my mind that armchair coaches like you think you know more about our QBs than the guys that see and work with them EVERY DAMN DAY!!!

Like your argument says, it's quite apparent Jeff Horton NEVER wants to be a head coach. His one chance to become head coach of the Gophers was to fire the team up - do something DIFFERENT - he already has failed, and will be replaced swiftly at season's end. Good riddance.

Maybe Horton thought Weber gave us a better shot at getting 2 or 3 garbage time scores. Give Gray some second half snaps next week if we are down by 3 scores or more.

I disagree with this. Yes the offense will be different, but getting used to the speed of the game is still an acquired skill. The only way to learn this is by getting reps in normal situations. If they think Gray is incompetent then let Alipate or some other guy get some snaps in the second half of games. Coach should be preparing guys for the future if we're down a few scores...even if he knows it wont be him coaching.

Horton was a head coach at Reno then UNLV...he's got a 13-44 record thre with 7 of those wins in the first year. I think he carries a streak of 17 games in a row without a win.

horton's statement has zero credibility - Weber is one of the 2 or 3 best athletes on the team??? Really? To anyone who has watched the games, this is clearly false (and insulting to the likes of stoudermire, mcknight, eskridge, bennett etc etc etc). Just silly.

Horton's a loser and his track record at UNLV, Detroit asst, etc, proves that. Weber has always been overrated and sucks!! Should of played at St. Cloud, Mankato, etc. Give Apilate or Gray snaps asap. Tired of the morons saying Weber should be in! Why, cause he knows how to lose or so he can pad his worthless stats that mean nothing to the win column!!!!!!! Shut your mouths jabroni's!!

Come on folks. Lets give the coaches a bit of credit here. They put the players out there that give them the best chance to win. Weber has been their guy. Fans are fans and coaches are coaches for a reason.

Said that, I hope Horton sees to it to give Gray a few plays at QB and maybe catch PSU unprepared. That is, if he is healthy enough.

What have they done to earn any credit?

Really? It will do no good to play QB at the collegiate level just because the offense will be different the next year? You're an idiot. Plain and simple.

I get 200+ pro-Beer emails everyday, but I don't get any recognition on the Gopherhole.

Top Bottom