Hole Poll: Who is your Gophers MVP in the HUGE win over Auburn?

Who is your Gophers MVP in the HUGE win over Auburn?

• Tyler Johnson

Votes: 95 87.2%
  • Mohamed Ibrahim

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Who is your Gophers MVP in the HUGE win over Auburn?

Ibrahim 1A after 20 for 140 against a tough run D. Hit every crease and ran hard.
TJ 1B for the crazy end zone reception and making that safety look silly on the 73 yarder.

I voted Ty John but Ibrahim was money. I don't think we win that game if his carries go to Smith.

Johnson sure knows how to close out a career!

And all this without Faalele and Paulson. The blocking was superb. Did Tanner get sacked? I know he got rushed, but I can't remember an official sack.

Tyler also had some great downfield blocks, especially on that last drive of the game. Gotta give some love to Witham though, his "awesome catch to total catch" ratio is a perfect 1.0. Only two catches for the season, but they were both huge.

Last edited:

Plenty of 'attaboys all around...D line stifled the run game and pretty much shut down the Auburn offense. Morgan was an absolute stud distributing the ball after one bad pass early. Ibrahim certainly ran the ball with purpose and fury. Johnson was as advertised and then some. For my money that O line manhandled what is a very, very good defensive front. They flat out kicked our asses. Congratulations.

Tyler also had some great downfield blocks, especially on that last drive of the game. Gotta give some love to Witham though, his "awesome catch to total catch" ratio is a perfect 1.0. Only two catches for the season, but they were both huge.

I recall Witham looking like a nice pass catcher coming out of high school. Definitely made the highlight reel today.

Mo ran like a beast, but that TD catch on the end line and the route on the game winner put TJ over the top... plus this was his last game, so he gets it.

Tanner was no slouch either. The kid is a winner.

TJ! He made a few extra $Mil in his draft stock today.

Had to go with TJ but there were many stars out there today. So happy for all our seniors !

Senior TJ got my vote. So many great stories in this game. Clearly not a selfish team.

could have been either, i went with tj since he's a senior and mo will be mvp next year in rose bowl

Should also be mentioned that TJ ran down the Auburn DB on that pick right away. He had blockers in front, he could have easily scored a TD there if TJ doesn't run him down.

I voted for "other" because our O-line played a whale of a game. They manhandled the top SEC defensive line from beginning to end, allowing skill players to make plays. Faalele was out, but the big boys came out with a chip on their shoulders and took care of business. Give em the game ball!

TJ is the easy choice, Mo would also make a lot of sense but I would give the MVP award to the O-Line. Playing without Faalele they neutralized a D-Line loaded with early round NFL talent. They did an amazing job opening up holes for the RB and giving Morgan time to find his WR.

PJ Fleck.

He's the reason the Gophers were in the Outback Bowl, and played well enough to win it.

Top Bottom