Hole Poll: Which of these head coaching candidates would have you most excited?

why would the gophers be scared of Leach? Because some rich kid got locked in a closet for being a little bitch? That would be shameful that we would look past a coach that could make Gray into the top recruit he was suppose to be. Its too bad Pitman couldn't of got Leach to coach him.

Available:
Mike Bellotti ... Oregon, 116–55 ... (13/14 winning seasons)
Randy Edsall ... UConn, 69-68 ... (5/11 winning seasons)
Dan McCarney ... Iowa St, 56–85 ... (4/12 winning seasons)
Mike Leach ... Texas Tech, 84–43 ... (10/10 winning seasons, controversy with player treatment)
Mark Mangino ... Kansas, 50-48 ... (3/7 winning seasons, multiple controversies)

Coaching:
Troy Calhoun ... Air Force, 30-16 ... (4/4 winning seasons)
Marc Trestman ... CFL, 36-14 ... (3/3 winning seasons, former Gopher, Minnesota native)
Kevin Sumlin ... Houston, 21-12 ... (2/3 winning seasons, former Gopher Asst)
Mike Stoops ... Arizona, 38-40 ... (3/7 winning seasons)
Al Golden ... Temple, 27-33 ... (2/5 winning seasons)
Jeff Horton ... Nevada/UNLV, 20-48 ... (2/6 winning seasons, interim coach)

Inexperienced:
Paul Chryst ... Wisconsin ... (OC, no head coaching experience)
Leslie Frazier ... Vikings ... (DC, no head coaching experience)

Turned Down Offer:
Tony Dungy

why would the gophers be scared of Leach? Because some rich kid got locked in a closet for being a little bitch? That would be shameful that we would look past a coach that could make Gray into the top recruit he was suppose to be. Its too bad Pitman couldn't of got Leach to coach him.

Any coach that pressures a kid to ignore the symtoms of a concussion isn't qualified to be a coach IMHO. That is exactly what Leach did and the reason he got fired.

For my Gophers I want a good guy for coach. There are plenty of good guys who are good coaches. Leach has too many red flags for me, but I'm sure that some school that only cares about winning will pick him up eventually.

I'm old. I realize I'm not with the "hip" program anymore. But Leach is an ass in pretty much any era. It would be nice to win and have class.

1. Belotti
2. Frazier
3. Calhoun
4. Leach
5. Trestman

aim high

Is there any reason why we wouldn't approach:

Bill Cowher
Jon Gruden
Jim Harbaugh
Chris Peterson

That's just to name a few...

Agreed on Leach!

Any coach that pressures a kid to ignore the symtoms of a concussion isn't qualified to be a coach IMHO. That is exactly what Leach did and the reason he got fired.

He is a turd!

He'd be a public relations nightmare, in Minneapolis!

Top Bottom