Hole Poll: What grade would you give the Gophers defense in the Michigan game?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • C

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • D

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • F

Votes: 61 81.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Actually, as I was standing up and drinking beer, I thought there should be another choice. Below F is the Robb Smith choice. I grade them "Robb Smith" today. Actually I shouldn't be that jaded, but I can't help it.

I would like to point to some positives, but giving up TD after TD after TD.

On the first TD run, someone had to have been totally confused. There was just no one there.

But it was the worst I've seen our defense since Robb Smith was here.

F. Expecting a bit of a let down from last year but man....brutal. On a positive note, they can only get better

D-

There were many short fields in there, 7 points given away by the offense, and crappy punting / fake punting that offer some excuse. Michigan is a good opponent with talent.

But it felt like the Gophers were playing with 9 or 10 guys out there with how empty the deep middle often seemed. I'm not sure if that's scheme or inexperience but the Gophers are going to be very prone to giving up big explosive plays until it is fixed.

No pressure on qb and undisciplined. Wouldn't call it an F though. Usually just a small mistake from getting a stop and correctable.

Besides Sori-Marin, I still don’t know who our other starting linebackers are, as I don’t think any of them made a play all night.

Top Bottom