Hole Poll: What Grade Would You Give the Gophers 2014 Recruiting Class?

Hole Poll: What Grade Would You Give the Gophers 2014 Recruiting Class?

• A

Votes: 29 17.6%
  • B

Votes: 119 72.1%
  • C

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • D

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • F

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
For Christ sakes?! I see progress, but you make 10 wins sound like a given. I give Kill credit for this class, but it is still ranked 9 or 10 in the B1G. That does NOT guarantee 10 wins. This class ranks about the same as the last 15 classes or so. The definition of insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

As Ronald Reagan used to say "There you go again!" You are still putting way too much value on recruiting services and their rankings. As Tracy Claes said on National Signing Day "The star ratings was done to create interest in college recruiting and it has done that. It has also generated a lot of money. But we use our own evaluation. I would rather win on game day than on signing day."

You also seemed to have missed what is really happening here and the implications of it. Your error is that you, for some reason, think that we are "doing the same thing over and over again" but expecting different results. Nothing could be farther from the truth. What we are doing is changing a culture and a program one step (brick) at a time. That is far different than doing the same thing over and over again.

Folks read way to much into the class rank in the B1G. There is tOSU and then the others. Not really much of a difference between being ranked 4th and 10th in the B1G really. Wasn't last year either.

For Christ sakes?! I see progress, but you make 10 wins sound like a given. I give Kill credit for this class, but it is still ranked 9 or 10 in the B1G. That does NOT guarantee 10 wins. This class ranks about the same as the last 15 classes or so. The definition of insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

That's not even close to true. Glen Mason's classes were filled with our walk-ons. We have recruited better each year under Kill. If we had 27 guys like many rated above us we'd be ranked much higher by the services. So you don't see we are getting better on the field?

I give it a B-. Had we gotten Ragnow, it would have been a B+. I think when you are ranked 8th in the BIG and 50-something nationally (at best), it can't be in the "A" category. I DO think this coaching staff can coach them up like nobody's business and that the signing of Jeff Jones will have a positive impact on future in-state recruits.

Impact players, impact players, impact players. An average team can do great things on the back of a handful of playmakers. I'm not saying we're there yet but after the drought of pitifulness we've been through we are starting to get some playmakers on the team. Of course, maybe they won't pan out and someone unheralded will bust out. That's part of the excitement of college football.

Most of the team ratings are easily at least +/- 20 spots from their actual value. We won't know for many years. I don't get hung up on ratings too much.

B+ on the overall strength of this year's class (including the quality PWOs).

I expect to see several of these PWOs earn scholarships and more freshmen to red shirt. Before it is said and done there will be a few position changes to put the best players on the field.

We are recruiting for the long haul, and we are getting more balance and depth overall.

As Ronald Reagan used to say "There you go again!" You are still putting way too much value on recruiting services and their rankings. As Tracy Claes said on National Signing Day "The star ratings was done to create interest in college recruiting and it has done that. It has also generated a lot of money. But we use our own evaluation. I would rather win on game day than on signing day."

You also seemed to have missed what is really happening here and the implications of it. Your error is that you, for some reason, think that we are "doing the same thing over and over again" but expecting different results. Nothing could be farther from the truth. What we are doing is changing a culture and a program one step (brick) at a time. That is far different than doing the same thing over and over again.

Amen Killer!!!!

Top Bottom