Hole Poll: What grade would you give Gophers coaches in dominant win over Northwestern?

Coaches grade?

• A

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • B

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Uh huh. You just hang on to that, for dear life.
Iowa and Wisconsin are just going to stack the box and completely stall Minnesota's offense so we'll see. I'll happily eat crow if the Gophers win those games, but I doubt they'll do it trying to run their entire offense through the remaining two running backs.

Great. Can they do that against two top ten defenses down the stretch without getting them both hurt?
My reply meant that clearly the offensive line is NOT being squandered. If you want Sanford to throw or throw more out of RPO more, just say so.

I miss trolling of gophergangsta

Iowa and Wisconsin are just going to stack the box and completely stall Minnesota's offense so we'll see. I'll happily eat crow if the Gophers win those games, but I doubt they'll do it trying to run their entire offense through the remaining two running backs.

Thanks for sharing.

So I brought up the most obvious example which was trotting out the wildcat for a QB keep on 3rd and 7.

Then there were two drives in which Minnesota did not attempt a single pass, which is great, except that's not going to work against Wisconsin or Iowa. You know who else used to do that? Jerry Kill with Leidner as his QB. Need the passing reps against bad competition. Need to stop running the RBs into the ground.

With all of your micro-analyzing, did you happen to notice the final score?

So I brought up the most obvious example which was trotting out the wildcat for a QB keep on 3rd and 7.

Then there were two drives in which Minnesota did not attempt a single pass, which is great, except that's not going to work against Wisconsin or Iowa. You know who else used to do that? Jerry Kill with Leidner as his QB. Need the passing reps against bad competition. Need to stop running the RBs into the ground.
It’s still seems weird to give the entire coaching staff an F for those concerns. Bizarre.

This s a clear and obvious A in my opinion. Compete domination in every possible way and win by 27 on the road (could've been worse too)... It's an A. One bad play call. We get it. Excellent besides that. Several critical 3rd down conversions early (people forget those) and two new wrinkles with the roll out RPO and with Morgan keeping multiple times on zone. Just like last week they threw enough early to keep NW honest, but it became obvious that wasn't necessary in the second half (and Michigan did the same thing to them last week). D did what the D has been doing: fairly consistent pressure on the QB, playing disciplined aside from a couple plays, not surrendering many points.

F until Sanford is gone. Process over results and the process is bad right now. Minnesota is squandering a Wisconsin-like offensive line.
You’re lucky the mods don’t run a voted off The Hole Poll - your Debbie Downer Do 💩would be a runaway winner.

you’re either a straight up 😈 or the kind of person who’d complain about paying taxes after u won the PowerBall.

Dominant win. Can’t really find anything to nitpick too harshly. The wierd 3rd and 7 wildcat was not cool - why pull Morgan in that scenario? We don’t have anyone that can filed and return punts? Other than that, a snoozer (literally) in a good way. The team is incrementally getting better all the time and individual guys are stepping up. Good job all around.

I'll accept your apologies in the form of stunned silence, thank you.

I'll accept your apologies in the form of stunned silence, thank you.
Glad you are happy about the loss....definitely showing your true colors as a fan would be disappointed. whereas a troll would be running to the boards to say "I told you so" and try to make themselves feel special.

So congrats to you I guess....

What the F are you talking about? We just won a road game 41-14 and had over 40 minutes of TOP. Agree with others calling your post one of the dumber posts in the history of Gopherhole.
Not trolling just point out that "one of the dumber posts in the history of Gopherhole" maybe had a little more thought behind it than you wanted to admit. Y'all came after me last week. Think it's fair to return the favor.

Top Bottom