Hole Poll: What grade would you give Gophers coaches in dominant win over Northwestern?

Coaches grade?

• A

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • B

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

I gave the coaches a B. I have some small nits with playcalling and I don't think our coaches needed to do much. It isn't a knock on them, we could kind of line up and dominate.

I'd have probably given them a B+ if it were available.

So I liked PJ went for the end zone at the end of the first half. But they didn't score. So B...

Just kidding.... Loved the game today...

F until Sanford is gone. Process over results and the process is bad right now. Minnesota is squandering a Wisconsin-like offensive line.
What the F are you talking about? We just won a road game 41-14 and had over 40 minutes of TOP. Agree with others calling your post one of the dumber posts in the history of Gopherhole.

What the F are you talking about? We just won a road game 41-14 and had over 40 minutes of TOP. Agree with others calling your post one of the dumber posts in the history of Gopherhole.
The question was about coaching grades, and the offensive play calling was once again absolutely atrocious despite the good result.

At half time I agreed the C+ grade and said Offense C and Defense B. The second half was so much better with an A on both sides of the ball. Finishing in offensive rhythm was huge! It felt like it should. Not changing the plays to burn more clock or be scared of a turnover.

I voted A.

The question was about coaching grades, and the offensive play calling was once again absolutely atrocious despite the good result.
40 minutes TOP - over 400 yards of offense - 41 points - 1 Punt - 1 Turnover when trying to score a TD right before half time. I'm honestly curious what you hated so much about that performance.

Except outside of 1 play today, it wasn't. And the results are all that matter.

Our 4th and 5th string RBs have both gone over 100 yards the last two weeks and you think that's an F.

You can't fix stupid.

40 minutes TOP - over 400 yards of offense - 41 points - 1 Punt - 1 Turnover when trying to score a TD right before half time. I'm honestly curious what you hated so much about that performance.
I didn't have a problem with the performance. I had a problem with the play calling.

I didn't have a problem with the performance. I had a problem with the play calling.
So instead of just going the troll route, what would you like to see them do differently?

So instead of just going the troll route, what would you like to see them do differently?

You know those plays that didn't work? Well, those were obviously the wrong plays to call. They should have run different plays.

Duh!

Tough crowd. This team has won two road games on their big ten schedule and Northwestern has done a lot of damage to the Gophers over the years. I don't think an A is out of line.

F until Sanford is gone. Process over results and the process is bad right now. Minnesota is squandering a Wisconsin-like offensive line.
I normally respect opinions but this one is tough.

Went with a solid B. Hello world needs to take a better look at the world and start with himself.

Tough crowd. This team has won two road games on their big ten schedule and Northwestern has done a lot of damage to the Gophers over the years. I don't think an A is out of line.
Welcome to the Gopher fan club! New fans are always welcome and the water is warm.

You just had two freshman go over 100 yards in the same game, two games in a row.

So I brought up the most obvious example which was trotting out the wildcat for a QB keep on 3rd and 7.

Then there were two drives in which Minnesota did not attempt a single pass, which is great, except that's not going to work against Wisconsin or Iowa. You know who else used to do that? Jerry Kill with Leidner as his QB. Need the passing reps against bad competition. Need to stop running the RBs into the ground.

I loved that the back ups got in the game...any game that that happens...A+

You just had two freshman go over 100 yards in the same game, two games in a row.
Great. Can they do that against two top ten defenses down the stretch without getting them both hurt?

Top Bottom