Hoiberg/Nebraska RUMOR

This will ber very disappointing if true. Hoiberg was seen as a great stand-up guy, one of those people everyone loved like Flip. He got the highest praise, if he is cheating and doing dirt, that really hurts him, even more so because he had a pristine image.

Should probably remove this thread now that we know it's NOT TRUE.

That is not the source. Sounds like he is taking Hoibergs word as the source.
There's literally no source on the other side proving it. The NCAA isn't going to speak on something that doesn't exist. The Nebraska AD made a statement. There isn't anything else to this.

I remember the good old days on GH when they banned him for a month...

View attachment 15958
Oh, you can forget about that. If you plug his hole, this chippy chipmunk will just dig another hole to get into Gopherhole. He will be all bushy-tailed and as chirpy as can be.

1639952911267.png

Last edited:

There's literally no source on the other side proving it. The NCAA isn't going to speak on something that doesn't exist. The Nebraska AD made a statement. There isn't anything else to this.
We will see. Hate to break it to you, but Hoiberg isn’t a clean recruiter. That’s pretty well known. Only a matter of time until something finally catches up on him. Seems like his assistant may take the fall here first since he went on leave.

We will see. Hate to break it to you, but Hoiberg isn’t a clean recruiter. That’s pretty well known. Only a matter of time until something finally catches up on him. Seems like his assistant may take the fall here first since he went on leave.
Who is it pretty well known by?

I hadn't heard anything not clean about Hoiberg until this report which appears false.

Agree. I think the way he was forced to leave the game due to his heart condition elicited some sympathy (which it should), but that shouldn't factor into anything since. Maybe it has and maybe it hasn't. It just seems it always factors into the conversation at some point.
I know someone that used to work with Hoiberg at the Twolves and heard nothing but great things about him. But that doesn't mean anything about recruiting violations.

I know someone that used to work with Hoiberg at the Twolves and heard nothing but great things about him. But that doesn't mean anything about recruiting violations.
completely different jobs. Scrambling to bring in players can put pressures on you to take shortcuts for quick results. They way he brought in players at ISU showed that he was willing to take chances that many other coaches would be willing to do. He has brought in some higher ranked players at Nebraska, but that obviously isn't paying off so far.

It remotely reminds me of Brewster who would take any highly rated player he could get no matter of fit or ability to stay on the team.

He did do better/accomplish more with Royce White than almost anyone else on the planet. Of course that was only for a year or so.

Who is it pretty well known by?

I hadn't heard anything not clean about Hoiberg until this report which appears false.
His Iowa State teams seemed sketchy. Some of this is that in the pre-portal world, people always were skeptical of transfers, much less teams full of transfers. Some of them did have issues and other players. . . it just seemed off.

Royce White - Transferred to Iowa State and suddenly had zero issues there.
Korie Luscious - Had major issues at Michigan State including being suspended for large chunks of time.
Will Clyburn - I don't really think he got into any trouble at Utah before going to Iowa State. It is a little unusual for a player to transfer, sit out a year and then finish their career at another school if there is nothing prompting the change.
Chris Allen - Essentially kicked off Michigan State team, found a home at Iowa State.
Jameel McKay - Left Marquette for academic issues, went JuCo, and finished career at Iowa State.
Hallice Cooke - Went to Oregon State, Iowa, and Nevada.
Deonte Burden - Quit the Marquette team after a few games and then transferred to Iowa State.

He coached at Iowa State pre-portal and was the coach for 5 seasons and there were 15 transfers/JuCo recruits over that time many of which had a checkered past.

His time at Iowa State was certainly unique. There isn't proof that cheating was involved but the skepticism of that program was well-known by pretty much everyone.

He did do better/accomplish more with Royce White than almost anyone else on the planet. Of course that was only for a year or so.
Which either means he is a miracle worker or maybe capitulated to some things others wouldn't.

Still waiting for that USA Today bombshell article! What happened?!
I apologized in post #86. I intentionally titled the thread with an all caps "RUMOR". But thanks for being a di ck and following suit bashing me. I was just trying to share some potential college bball news I saw on Twitter.

I apologized in post #86. I intentionally titled the thread with an all caps "RUMOR". But thanks for being a di ck and following suit bashing me. I was just trying to share some potential college bball news I saw on Twitter.
Wasn't directed at you. Sorry.

just patiently waiting for the news.

Wasn't directed at you. Sorry.

just patiently waiting for the news.
Lol yeah cause the NCAA cares about guys getting paid off (see Arizona and LSU recently). When enough people say the same rumors, it's most likely true. Whether it hits public or not will be based off 2 things.
1. Will it be relevant enough and get clicks/people buying and reading the article.
2. Someone inside actually confirms the information.

Most likely Hoiberg will resign soon for some other reason before it gets to hot.

Should probably remove this thread now that we know it's NOT TRUE.
Knew I smelled a rat. Spamming the board with the absolute greasiest of takes. Back to huskerhole where you belong, Rogue Gopher. Disgusting! Neb is a festering hole, but it’s your festering hole. Actually sick to my stomach reading your bile in the sobering light of game day.

Knew I smelled a rat. Spamming the board with the absolute greasiest of takes. Back to huskerhole where you belong, Rogue Gopher. Disgusting! Neb is a festering hole, but it’s your festering hole. Actually sick to my stomach reading your bile in the sobering light of game day.
what are you talking about?

Top Bottom