Hey Tubby Haters!!!!

You are such a Tubby-hater. Mr. Negativity.

I ask more from a coach than a sub - .500 conference record before extending. You don't. That's the difference here. There is no reason to lie to make your point. It is made.

minngg said:
I ask more from a coach than a sub - .500 conference record before extending. You don't. That's the difference here. There is no reason to lie to make your point. It is made.
Just stop being a Tubby-hater. Find something positive to say about this 3 game stretch and the way Tubby's players are starting to perform.

This thread isn't about the 3 game winning streak. It is about your characterization of those that expect more from Tubby.

Here is what I think of how they are playing now. The smaller team is the key. Tubby has moved on from his high/low offense to more of a motion offense utilizing back cuts and back screens. It is refreshing to see the offense change. The key has been Coleman and Welch. What would our record be if Maverick didn't start and Coleman had seen more action early on. In college basketball today, guards are the key to success. Smaller lineups are winning. Rodney is much better with his back to the basket than facing the rim.

The next 4 games are the key to the season. We have to go at least 2-2 and preferably 3-1 if we want to get to the tournament.

Tough Final 7

The next 4 games are the key to the season. We have to go at least 2-2 and preferably 3-1 if we want to get to the tournament.

Couldn't agree more with this, looking at their schedule, they've got a pretty tough go at it in their final 7. 5 of the last 7 teams they play are currently ranked, with 2 games against a Wisconsin team climbing up in the rankings again. They also play OSU in there, a revenge seeking Indiana, and Michigan State. 3 of those teams I would say are clearly in the top four in the Big Ten, so if there was ever an easy part of the schedule for the Gophers this year, this is it! Not to get greedy, but I'm looking for 4-0 or 3-1 at worst (if the Gophers can't avenge their 2OT loss against Illinois, we don't deserve the tourney). Here's to a great game against Sparty on Wednesday to get this 4 game stretch started!

minngg said:
This thread isn't about the 3 game winning streak. It is about your characterization of those that expect more from Tubby.

Here is what I think of how they are playing now. The smaller team is the key. Tubby has moved on from his high/low offense to more of a motion offense utilizing back cuts and back screens. It is refreshing to see the offense change. The key has been Coleman and Welch. What would our record be if Maverick didn't start and Coleman had seen more action early on. In college basketball today, guards are the key to success. Smaller lineups are winning. Rodney is much better with his back to the basket than facing the rim.

I would not say the next four games are the season but I do agree with the change in offense. Coleman and Williams have also really turned up their games in the last three weeks. And...Good coaching Tubby.

I would not say the next four games are the season but I do agree with the change in offense. Coleman and Williams have also really turned up their games in the last three weeks. And...Good coaching Tubby.

Someone posted recently that the term "Must-Win" has become greatly over used. Everyone was saying Iowa was a MUST win. Well we lost. Then everyone said Purdue was a MUST win. Lost that one too. Here we are now, after losing TWO MUST win games (which i was heavily critisized for saying they were NOT must win games), one game away from being .500 again, and being talked about as at least a bubble team.

The Gophers are not out of any games. No reason to believe that just because they lose to Iowa or Purdue or @MSU Wednesday, that they can't pick up another win later.

Like I said, it is not a MUST win until a loss ends your season post-season hopes. Realistically, they may not face a must win game until the Big10 tourney. Sure, some games would be better to win than others and make life a lot easier, but must win needs to be used a little less often, IMO.

Rah

No way of knowing. Maybe Coleman wasn't ready and wouldn't have played very well early on which would have killed his confidence. I don't think it's fair to assume that Coleman would have played this well early on in the season. Maybe he would have but it's far from a certainty.

No way of knowing. Maybe Coleman wasn't ready and wouldn't have played very well early on which would have killed his confidence. I don't think it's fair to assume that Coleman would have played this well early on in the season. Maybe he would have but it's far from a certainty.

That's why it was in the form of a question. I don't think it is fair to assume he wouldn't have. It was only a month ago, not a year ago. I know we would have played better without Maverick in the lineup.

Like you always say to me and others on Gopherhole..."shut up".
Like you always say, hater. If you have a problem with me saying "shut up" you should have a problem with yourself calling everyone that doesn't agree with you a hater.

I will give minngg credit for posting here even after wins and still being an active poster. Many more negative folks tend to disappear after wins. Cough moses87 cough. That's who I would say is more of a "hater"

I will give minngg credit for posting here even after wins and still being an active poster. Many more negative folks tend to disappear after wins. Cough moses87 cough. That's who I would say is more of a "hater"

I'm a Gopher fan first. I have never rooted for us to fail in any game. I hope Tubby succeeds. But if I think it helps the program to make a switch, I will say so. I did for Mase and for Monson and I will for Tubby even if his name is Tubby Smith.

zambam said:
Like you always say, hater. If you have a problem with me saying "shut up" you should have a problem with yourself calling everyone that doesn't agree with you a hater.
Didn't I tell you to stop talking to me. I don't respond to you and your negativity on this board anymore.

Whathavewedone said:
that's probably because Clem had an actual OFFENSE to go with it.

And yet Minnesota is 4th in in PPG, 7th in PPP, 5th in eFG%, 6th in offensive efficiency and 1st in APG in the Big10. isn't that the offense? Those rankings aren't to shabby. Could be better, sure, but not bad.

Clem's teams scored a lot more points but also gave up a lot more points. The game has changed in the past 15-20 years. Teams score less than they used to. Right now 49 teams in Division I average 75 points or more per game. Just 10 years ago, there were 87 that averaged 75 or higher. This year 108 teams average under 65 points a game, 10 years ago there was just 53.

Top Bottom