Hey, I know it's a gopher board but the Vikings

When Crosby sucked for a year and a half the packers stuck with him rather than entering the revolving door of kickers worried for their job. That has paid dividends
YEP

Oh, the Vikings?

no-one-cares-i-dont-care.gif

I still pull for the Vikings and I still watch them. But, days like today no longer bother me much. I sort of expect it and just consider it a bonus if they win. I usually spend Viking games on my phone, catching up on college football news.
This is pretty much how I am now. I used to be way more invested but I've only got so much emotional energy to put into football. I chose the Gophers as my primary outlet, but I still love the Vikings and root hard for them. They've given me some good memories and some bad. Either way I try staying on an even keel with them.

This is pretty much how I am now. I used to be way more invested but I've only got so much emotional energy to put into football. I chose the Gophers as my primary outlet, but I still love the Vikings and root hard for them. They've given me some good memories and some bad. Either way I try staying on an even keel with them.
I love them both.

The season goes so damn fast. Hell, the gophers season is 1/4 over.

I am a long suffering Viking fan. But there is hope. I won’t live forever you know.

BOTH Vikings and Gophers kickers had a rough weekend...... just Minnesotan.

Yep, kind of hoping for a terrible year so they don't just stay stuck in mediocrity. Blow it up. NFL has quick rebuilds.
I’m 100% ready for new Viking coaches. The only caveat is we gotta hire some people better at it. Interestingly, this is Zimmer’s 8th year, just like Richard. I don’t want to wait five years to confirm if we did or didn’t hire the right guy…and three more while the next guy again finally gets himself fired.

Mods, please move this to the off-topic sports forum and place it with all the other Vikings related topics. Let's talk Gopher football at this forum.

When the Vikes are being lucked out on by the Bengals and Cardinals, you know it's going to be a long year. Waiting for the loss to Detroit on a Hail Mary.

Why didn't the Vikings go for 2 after they scored a TD? That extra point was meaningless. Also -- why do you just blow 30 seconds when you could get in close which you obviously needed?

NFL coaches make mistakes too -- and this one is on Zimmer. Maybe Gopher fans should be more worried about losing Fleck to the Vikings than USC at the end of the year!!!! hahaha.
Their last TD came less than a minute into the 3rd quarter. Probably too early to start going for 2.

Mods, please move this to the off-topic sports forum and place it with all the other Vikings related topics. Let's talk Gopher football at this forum.

Maxx Williams wasn't enough for you? I tried.

Cousins takes a lot of schit, but he's taken them down the field twice for a win, and we are 0-2
Plus an end of regulation drive that sent the game to OT in Week 1.

The Vikings should start over - new GM, head coach, and new QB.

Kirk Cousins punches the time clock and collects $30 million. He's not a leader like other successful QBs around the league. Did they get him his plexiglass shields?

They are 0-5 and Zimmer thinks he has a great football team. :poop:

Not sure to be honest. Just too much of the same thing as today, and the realization they cannot win the Super Bowl. I know the Gophs probably will never win another Natty, but I just enjoy college sports in general more than pros. Have watched a couple Twins games in the last few years, but other than that, I haven't watched anything pro in years.
Dude, we can't be friends!

No coach had treated his kickers worse either.
I put the kicking woes 100% on Zim.

Contrast Zim with PJ response to some missed kicks.
100% agree and have said this before to friends. Zimmer appears to be a nice guy, but he's gone after this year in my opinion along with the GM.

The Vikings should start over - new GM, head coach, and new QB.

Kirk Cousins punches the time clock and collects $30 million. He's not a leader like other successful QBs around the league. Did they get him his plexiglass shields?

They are 0-5 and Zimmer thinks he has a great football team. :poop:
Cousins has a 113 qb rating, 5 tds, 0 interceptions, has led what should be two game winning drives.

You might want to look elsewhere, at least for now, about who to blame.

Why didn't the Vikings go for 2 after they scored a TD? That extra point was meaningless. Also -- why do you just blow 30 seconds when you could get in close which you obviously needed?

NFL coaches make mistakes too -- and this one is on Zimmer. Maybe Gopher fans should be more worried about losing Fleck to the Vikings than USC at the end of the year!!!! hahaha.
Row the longboat?

Their last TD came less than a minute into the 3rd quarter. Probably too early to start going for 2.
Guess not , in this case!! haha. I would have gone for 2 there anyways and I said this at the time too not just as a Monday morning QB. Just exactly for the reason this played out.

How about right before the half, we kick a field goal, decide to squib kick it, and they start at the 35. I mean, WTF? Then they get a 62 yard field goal. That never happens if we don't do the squib kick.

Gopher losses bum me out for about a week. Viking losses for about a minute.

Starting to have the franchise relevance of the Cardinals or Lions. Only 7 franchises established by 1961 have not won a Super Bowl. Bills, Chargers, Browns, that’s their company.

^ And the NFC has churned Super Bowl participants much faster. There have to be like, less than a handful of current NFC teams that haven't made it to the Super Bowl in the last X years??

Why are people trying to kick PA??

He was at the game, in the press box which is probably near the 50, very hard to see a tiny ball flying towards two posts that don't stick out against all the waiving crowd behind it, and it missed by like a foot. He's as passionate about the Vikings winning a Super Bowl in his lifetime as anyone, and badly wanted the win.

I don't see the issue.

Why are people trying to kick PA??

He was at the game, in the press box which is probably near the 50, very hard to see a tiny ball flying towards two posts that don't stick out against all the waiving crowd behind it, and it missed by like a foot. He's as passionate about the Vikings winning a Super Bowl in his lifetime as anyone, and badly wanted the win.

I don't see the issue.
I guess if I was in his position, I might watch the officials to signal good or missed before I screamed out the result. My Gopher seats are right in line with the west goal posts. Whenever there is a kick on that end I have to watch the officials to know if it is good or not. So that is what I do.

Top Bottom