Hey, I know it's a gopher board but the Vikings

How about right before the half, we kick a field goal, decide to squib kick it, and they start at the 35. I mean, WTF? Then they get a 62 yard field goal. That never happens if we don't do the squib kick.
So much this. It made no sense. If there was only 3 seconds left in the half, sure, then do it. But why automatically give them good field position? It's mistakes like this that seem to be way too prevalent under Zimmer.

He missed an extra point from that distance.

Zimmer is old news. Start over next year. His defense sucks yet again with his guys. Start it all over.
He has had a good defense in only one year. His first. Every year since has gotten worse.

Why are people trying to kick PA??

He was at the game, in the press box which is probably near the 50, very hard to see a tiny ball flying towards two posts that don't stick out against all the waiving crowd behind it, and it missed by like a foot. He's as passionate about the Vikings winning a Super Bowl in his lifetime as anyone, and badly wanted the win.

I don't see the issue.
Because his play calls are .........and he's looooooose.........tooouuuucccccchhhhhhddddooooowwwwnnnn

Nice play call, dipshit!

So much this. It made no sense. If there was only 3 seconds left in the half, sure, then do it. But why automatically give them good field position? It's mistakes like this that seem to be way too prevalent under Zimmer.
Especially nowadays where there is literally zero threat in kicking a touchback. It's easy. There used to be the concern in that when you try for the touchback, you might kick too much of a line drive and make a returnable kick. Nowadays, every kicker can blast it through the back of the endzone.

Sure, I'd rather have that $30M to fix up the roster at other spots.

But Cousins is not at all the reason we've lost the first two games.
The problem is that just about any other decent QB will cost that much or more.

Why are people trying to kick PA??

He was at the game, in the press box which is probably near the 50, very hard to see a tiny ball flying towards two posts that don't stick out against all the waiving crowd behind it, and it missed by like a foot. He's as passionate about the Vikings winning a Super Bowl in his lifetime as anyone, and badly wanted the win.

I don't see the issue.
He has tv monitors in front of him. Not that I think it's that big of a deal, but he could easily just watch it on the tv feed(s).

He has tv monitors in front of him. Not that I think it's that big of a deal, but he could easily just watch it on the tv feed(s).
No need because he also has binoculars that he constantly uses throughout the game.

Was listening to him not too long ago and Neal confirmed with him that his box was actually on the opposite side of that field goal -- but he didn't even allow that talk, shut it down and just said he made a mistake and he can't explain why he did it. Said he always waits on kicks for the refs to signal, as you should, and doesn't know why he made that mistake.

Gotta get lucky there. Should just tank and go 0-17. Although I don't think there's a sure thing like Lawrence out there right now.
Zim had a perfect blitz dialed up. Waited until that moment to pull out Harrison up the A gap ... he came screaming through it untouched.

Nope. Doesn't matter.

Kyler Murray just sprints backwards and throws up a backyard "500!" ball that lands perfectly on a well defended receiver.

Cyborg QB's are the future. We need one.

No need because he also has binoculars that he constantly uses throughout the game.

Was listening to him not too long ago and Neal confirmed with him that his box was actually on the opposite side of that field goal -- but he didn't even allow that talk, shut it down and just said he made a mistake and he can't explain why he did it. Said he always waits on kicks for the refs to signal, as you should, and doesn't know why he made that mistake.
He needs to change his best. Failing=growth

How about right before the half, we kick a field goal, decide to squib kick it, and they start at the 35. I mean, WTF? Then they get a 62 yard field goal. That never happens if we don't do the squib kick.
If an NFL team doesn’t have a guy that can kick it out the back of the end zone I don’t know what to say.
There has gotta be 32 guys in the world who can do that

Gopher losses bum me out for about a week. Viking losses for about a minute.

Starting to have the franchise relevance of the Cardinals or Lions. Only 7 franchises established by 1961 have not won a Super Bowl. Bills, Chargers, Browns, that’s their company.
And not only have they not won one, nobody under the age of 45 has experienced one at an age of memory

Vikings are super overrated by local fans and media. Pretty unsuccessful franchise.
they’re the Cleveland Indians

He has had a good defense in only one year. His first. Every year since has gotten worse.
Not true, his best defense was 2017

We saw improvements each year early years, it was epically bad before he came here. But defense started slipping in 2018.

Despite all corners we've drafted secondary is killing us since decline of Rhodes and pass rush isn't nearly as fierce as used to be

I don't think Zim forgot how coach defense, just don't have horses like he did.

With that said I'm ready for fresh blood, from Rick down.

He's owned the mistake. Happens.

PA does great job imo

We saw improvements each year early years, it was epically bad before he came here. But defense started slipping in 2018.

Despite all corners we've drafted secondary is killing us since decline of Rhodes and pass rush isn't nearly as fierce as used to be

Yeah, if they get rid of Zimmer but keep speilman it’ll be more of the same.

Speilman’s inability to successfully address o line for so many years is his downfall.

Breeland was bad. Hoping Dantzler can come through now. Let Breeland play zone on 4/5 wide, which is what he's actually good for.

Mike Hughes, prob an all-pro for KC. Figures

Gladney, [burns voice] F'ing guy punches his gf ... wtf are you gonna do??[/] Figures

Yeah, if they get rid of Zimmer but keep speilman it’ll be more of the same.

Speilman’s inability to successfully address o line for so many years is his downfall.
I gave Spielman and Zimmer a lot of leash over the years but I do think it's time for both to go.

Well, credit to PA for owning up to the mistake.

Also in the OT Board I questioned how an NFL Announcer could make that error. Not more than an hour later I listened to the Dan Patrick show podcast from this past Friday and their "Play of the Day" was the Washington Football Team's play-by-play guy making the exact same mistake on a would be game winning FG. However, both WFT and the caller got a reprieve as the Giants were called for a flag, and they both converted the redo.

I gave Spielman and Zimmer a lot of leash over the years but I do think it's time for both to go.
Don’t even know what the answer is. I don’t think either is horrible but I don’t think either is that great:

Stuck in limbo

Well, credit to PA for owning up to the mistake.

Also in the OT Board I questioned how an NFL Announcer could make that error. Not more than an hour later I listened to the Dan Patrick show podcast from this past Friday and their "Play of the Day" was the Washington Football Team's play-by-play guy making the exact same mistake on a would be game winning FG. However, both WFT and the caller got a reprieve as the Giants were called for a flag, and they both converted the redo.
He made the mistake because he is getting ahead of himself. He's ready to scream something about it being good in hopes it is on ESPN. He's a sideshow.

Breeland was bad. Hoping Dantzler can come through now. Let Breeland play zone on 4/5 wide, which is what he's actually good for.

Gladney, [burns voice] F'ing guy punches his gf ... wtf are you gonna do??[/] Figures
Gladney sucked anyway.

Zimmer is so overrated on coaching a secondary. Rhodes, and that's been it in 8 years.

He made the mistake because he is getting ahead of himself. He's ready to scream something about it being good in hopes it is on ESPN. He's a sideshow.

It's probably going to be on ESPN, "Not Top Ten".

Taking Gladney instead of Antoine Winfield Jr. was a HUGE mistake -- how do you miss THAT one??

Who’s this “we” schit?

Top Bottom