Hey, I know it's a gopher board but the Vikings

I'm so happy I quit watchng them years ago. Even if they win the Super Bowl, I doubt I would come back.

If nothing else they freed up the rest of my Sundays this fall.

Vikes are what they always are disappointing to the masses. They are not a good football team. Perennial mediocrity, people still rip the Gophers and still do. This year the Gophers have a better overall team.

This is what happens when your solution to the QB position for 30 years has been to shrug the shoulders and say "Uh. We'll figure it out."

Why would you watch the gophers and quit the Vikings? I'm just curious.

I love them both.
Not sure to be honest. Just too much of the same thing as today, and the realization they cannot win the Super Bowl. I know the Gophs probably will never win another Natty, but I just enjoy college sports in general more than pros. Have watched a couple Twins games in the last few years, but other than that, I haven't watched anything pro in years.

Why didn't the Vikings go for 2 after they scored a TD? That extra point was meaningless. Also -- why do you just blow 30 seconds when you could get in close which you obviously needed?

NFL coaches make mistakes too -- and this one is on Zimmer. Maybe Gopher fans should be more worried about losing Fleck to the Vikings than USC at the end of the year!!!! hahaha.

I still pull for the Vikings and I still watch them. But, days like today no longer bother me much. I sort of expect it and just consider it a bonus if they win. I usually spend Viking games on my phone, catching up on college football news.

The Vikings have a culture of finding ways to lose, seeing upside that probably won’t be fulfilled so you don’t actually address problems, and being so worried about going 5-11 instead of 8-8 that you never attempt to go 13-3

Zimmer in a defensive Glen Mason

He missed an extra point from that distance.

Zimmer is old news. Start over next year. His defense sucks yet again with his guys. Start it all over.
Yet his team played well enough to win on the road against a decent opponent. No coach in history has ever been snake bit worse by kickers than Zimmerman.

Me when the Vikings were driving and quit driving to kick a field goal:

fjdcxwy3wgo71.gif

Yet his team played well enough to win on the road against a decent opponent. No coach in history has ever been snake bit worse by kickers than Zimmerman.
No coach had treated his kickers worse either.
I put the kicking woes 100% on Zim.

Contrast Zim with PJ response to some missed kicks.

Well, that's on Spielman then.

You know how Green Bay has had Rodgers and Favre. Well, they've had Longwell and Crosby forever, too. We have gone through 20 kickers in that time span.

No coach had treated his kickers worse either.
I put the kicking woes 100% on Zim.

Contrast Zim with PJ response to some missed kicks.
Yeah. Especially since good kickers come here and suck. Our kickers sometimes leave and are great. He is a bad psychologist at a best and is breaking kickers at worst

Well, that's on Spielman then.

You know how Green Bay has had Rodgers and Favre. Well, they've had Longwell and Crosby forever, too. We have gone through 20 kickers in that time span.
When Crosby sucked for a year and a half the packers stuck with him rather than entering the revolving door of kickers worried for their job. That has paid dividends

Top Bottom