Here's what will lose us (or win us) a handful of games this season

Free throw % is nearly irrelevant. It's mathematical fact. Sorry, guys.

You know, if you just said "Free throw % is far less important than several other factors including (a) (b) and (c)" you could likely start some rational discussion on the topic, and maybe even show someone your point. The way you word this makes it seem like you're trolling (not to mention it makes you incorrect - free throw % is far from "irrelevant".)

ETA: Sal beat me to saying the exact same thing, great minds...

Let me help you GW, why don't you just say " I think free throw rate (mention the whole four factors thing too while you're at it) is more important than %, and here's why...blah blah etc." that way, you don't come across as a know-it-all dxxxhead. But I know you like being that guy. I'm just trying to help you. You have good info at times, but (and you know it, and like it) you are insufferable on certain topics. Be nicer and give people useful info, then they won't hate you. Tall order.
I took the bait, my bad.

I agree with this. I just cringe when he brings out the "irrelevant" mention. Plus, the four factors doesn't make anything a fact - as he also brings up endlessly.

Free throw % is nearly irrelevant. It's mathematical fact. Sorry, guys.

Swap free throw shooting percentage in the Purdue game and the Gophers win.
Mason makes both free throws against OSU and the Gophers win.
Swap free throw shooting percentage in the Michigan game and the Gophers win.

Free throws are not irrelevant. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Gophers 76.5% at Indiana; 87.5% tonight vs. Northwestern. Rejoice! :rolleyes:

If it was a close game and we actually drew fouls tonight, this would have made a difference. I don't think anyone has ever said if we make free throws every game we will win. Only in your mind did someone say that.

FTs are irrelevant?? Ask ole Roy tonight if he agrees after his boys missed the front end of two 1-1's in the last minute to blow a 10 pt lead to Duke! LOL

Gophers 76.5% at Indiana; 87.5% tonight vs. Northwestern. Rejoice! :rolleyes:

That one data point is super compelling. I guess turnovers are also "irrelevant" in the game of basketball then since we had 9 against Indiana's 18 last weekend yet still got blown out.

That one data point is super compelling. I guess turnovers are also "irrelevant" in the game of basketball then since we had 9 against Indiana's 18 last weekend yet still got blown out.

As I often say, "eFG% reigns supreme."

Top Bottom