Henderson "eliminates" Minnesota again

Jwill535

Reaction score
Here is the quote from the latest aritcle

"I've got one visit left," he said. "I don't know exactly where I'm going to take it. It's kind of between Oklahoma and Miami. I've taken visits to Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC and Florida so far so my decision is going to be out of those five, whichever school I decide to take my last visit to."

This is of course till the next article where he states that Minnesota is still in it.

SH is starting to get me sorda pissed. He says we are probably his 5th visit then OKLAHOMA AND MIAMI!?! Wow. Change your mind more?

I assume the article you reference is on a rivals site. Yes?

The ticker on GI has the same six teams listed that you gave in this thread. Minnesota and Iowa as well as a long list of other schools are listed as "None" in the schools of interest category.

If that's truly the case (no longer interested in Minnesota), I would hope he'd say that publicly and Minnesota would go on their way in search of others.

Go Gophers!!

lord almighty

give it up.

SH is starting to get me sorda pissed. He says we are probably his 5th visit then OKLAHOMA AND MIAMI!?! Wow. Change your mind more?

In defense of SH, I bet he's getting kind of pissed. Can you imagine being a high school senior and getting 10-30 calls every single day about your recruitment, when essentially, nothing has changed? I can't even imagine how many texts and emails he also gets. I think it's hard, to name every single one of the 8 schools your considering every single time you get asked about it. When I spoke to both him and his parents about 2 weeks ago, they said the last visit was between Iowa, Oklahoma and Miami. It really doesn't make sense to visit Iowa, as he's been there for the Gopher game (and would also be a cheap road trip if he wanted to do an unofficial there), it also wouldn't make sense for the Gophs to be his last visit, as he's seen everything to see.

I really don't think he's changed his mind much, and has been pretty consistent in his actions - to announce on signing day, and all schools are equal. Does he leave out a school here and there, yes - but like I said, it's hard to rattle them all off every single time. However, when anyone ever clarifies with him or his family, it's always been a consistent message.

Here is the quote from the latest aritcle

"I've got one visit left," he said. "I don't know exactly where I'm going to take it. It's kind of between Oklahoma and Miami. I've taken visits to Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC and Florida so far so my decision is going to be out of those five, whichever school I decide to take my last visit to."

This is of course till the next article where he states that Minnesota is still in it.
Do you have a link? A date? Hard to keep track. I hope he ends up at Minnesota but certainly can't fault him for making sure he makes the decision he feels is best for him. I wish him the best of luck wherever he winds up.

This is going to sound pretty ridiculous, but last night I was at Shamrocks in Saint Paul and I overheard a couple of people talking about Seantrel. I asked them what their thoughts were on his recruitment and they said that some people close to him are convinced he is going to USC. Here's the ridiculous part that they mentioned; they said that Seantrel's dad, who they said was in his mid-30's, has ambitions about being a rapper and wants to move to LA with Seantrel so he is really pulling for him to go to USC.

I just thought I would mention what the locals in Saint Paul are talking about.

Similar comments about that have come up in the past. I don't remember exactly what it was - rapping, acting, whatever, but the jist was dad wanting to be in the entertainment arena.

In defense of SH, I bet he's getting kind of pissed. Can you imagine being a high school senior and getting 10-30 calls every single day about your recruitment, when essentially, nothing has changed? I can't even imagine how many texts and emails he also gets. I think it's hard, to name every single one of the 8 schools your considering every single time you get asked about it. When I spoke to both him and his parents about 2 weeks ago, they said the last visit was between Iowa, Oklahoma and Miami. It really doesn't make sense to visit Iowa, as he's been there for the Gopher game (and would also be a cheap road trip if he wanted to do an unofficial there), it also wouldn't make sense for the Gophs to be his last visit, as he's seen everything to see.

I really don't think he's changed his mind much, and has been pretty consistent in his actions - to announce on signing day, and all schools are equal. Does he leave out a school here and there, yes - but like I said, it's hard to rattle them all off every single time. However, when anyone ever clarifies with him or his family, it's always been a consistent message.

Funny how these guys can memorize hundereds of plays and audibles but when it comes to simply listing 8 schools, they can't do it. I hope SH doesn't have the same problem when it comes to studying for exams :cool02:

Here's the ridiculous part that they mentioned; they said that Seantrel's dad, who they said was in his mid-30's, has ambitions about being a rapper and wants to move to LA with Seantrel so he is really pulling for him to go to USC.

I thought full ride scholarships were only for the student athlete. Unless things are different at USC. :rolleyes:

Forgetting to list Minnesota once is one thing. It is becoming a rarity when he mentions them at all when listing the contenders.

I hope he comes here but if he was my kid i would tell him not to come here. Granted he could be the king on the campus, but he will be that anywhere he goes. Why would he want to come here? No chance to compete on a national stage, no RBs, coaching turmoil and turnover, less national media, and no media support. Granted he could potentally change all that or be a part of a team to change this. But why, go to a school you know will make u better, compete for national championships (not insight or alamo bowls), get the media exposure, and then get paid (when u go to the NFL) I wish him all the success in the world, except if he ever plays us. Which he will not since we will not be on any kind of national stage.

I hope he comes here but if he was my kid i would tell him not to come here. Granted he could be the king on the campus, but he will be that anywhere he goes. Why would he want to come here? No chance to compete on a national stage, no RBs, coaching turmoil and turnover, less national media, and no media support. Granted he could potentally change all that or be a part of a team to change this. But why, go to a school you know will make u better, compete for national championships (not insight or alamo bowls), get the media exposure, and then get paid (when u go to the NFL) I wish him all the success in the world, except if he ever plays us. Which he will not since we will not be on any kind of national stage.

idiot

If he ends up at USC then yes, we will end up playing him.

dubton's been whining all over the internet the last few weeks. It's tiring.

Quit crying.:cry:

dubton's been whining all over the internet the last few weeks. It's tiring.

Quit crying.:cry:

the only thing that gets tiring around here are people like you, bankonit and others. Instead of posting anything of value or anything that counters what i may say you resort to calling people out and name calling.

Thanks GophersOnTheRise forgot that we do go to USC.

If you get 10-30 texts from schools ur not interested in, then say DON'T TEXT ME AGAIN or NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR SCHOOL. or in a nice way and say I like your school, but there's others I want to attend or something.

the only thing that gets tiring around here are people like you, bankonit and others. Instead of posting anything of value or anything that counters what i may say you resort to calling people out and name calling.

Thanks GophersOnTheRise forgot that we do go to USC.

.....and USC comes here in about 9 1/2 months

I hope he comes here but if he was my kid i would tell him not to come here. Granted he could be the king on the campus, but he will be that anywhere he goes. Why would he want to come here? No chance to compete on a national stage, no RBs, coaching turmoil and turnover, less national media, and no media support. Granted he could potentally change all that or be a part of a team to change this. But why, go to a school you know will make u better, compete for national championships (not insight or alamo bowls), get the media exposure, and then get paid (when u go to the NFL) I wish him all the success in the world, except if he ever plays us. Which he will not since we will not be on any kind of national stage.[/QUOTE]

Hello! If he attends USC instead of the University of Minnesota, he would play against us the next two seasons. Thanks for playing.

If you get 10-30 texts from schools ur not interested in, then say DON'T TEXT ME AGAIN or NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR SCHOOL. or in a nice way and say I like your school, but there's others I want to attend or something.

Most are not from schools, they are from media.

Top Bottom