Help me understand the Gophers offense

Happy?

FOT does not like expectations placed on his multi million dollar coach.

Too bad fot - this is the big time.

Big time? BIG TIME??? Not exactly.

Minnesota has a very weak basketball and football tradition in the modern era.

Great coaches can transcend that, especially in B- ball where one or two great players can elevate a program overnight. He was hired to do that and jury is out four years into his tenure.

Yes big time fot.

Big 10.

NCAA.

Salary in excess of $2 Mil/year.

That is not big time in your world?

Great coaches can transcend that, especially in B- ball where one or two great players can elevate a program overnight. He was hired to do that and jury is out four years into his tenure.

Name one program that was elevated to greatness overnight?

J. Calipari (sp.) seemed to turn Kentucky around quite quickly last year. Now I don't think his particular recruiting strategy will lead to sustained success, but it did result in a pretty dramatic one year turn around.

J. Calipari (sp.) seemed to turn Kentucky around quite quickly last year. Now I don't think his particular recruiting strategy will lead to sustained success, but it did result in a pretty dramatic one year turn around.

If you think Kentucky was elevated to greatness by John Calipari, then you have a lot to learn.

Define greatness fot. Define overnight fot.

(This should provide hours of fun)

Greatness (at UK) was built over 40 years by Adolph Rupp and sustained by 6 different coaches in the almost 40 years since he retired. John Calipari didn't make UK great.

Overnight is self explanatory. Even someone as dumb as you understands that word.

Lute Olson at Arizona. Took over a terrible team and three years later they win the conference. Very similar situation. A well established head coach leaves Iowa ,which he had rebuilt, for a downtrodden program. Turns it into a national power and wins a NC.

If you think Kentucky was elevated to greatness by John Calipari, then you have a lot to learn.

I don't think that, but I do think he elevated that program overnight compared to where it was under Gillispie (sp). My example fit within the frame work of the original statement, which was that a couple great players can elevate a program over night. I think Wall & co. clearly did that. Are they the greatest team every at Kentucky, no not by a mile, but they did jump the program forward significantly in terms of National rankings and exposure compared to the prior coach.

Greatness (at UK) was built over 40 years by Adolph Rupp and sustained by 6 different coaches in the almost 40 years since he retired. John Calipari didn't make UK great.

Overnight is self explanatory. Even someone as dumb as you understands that word.

Your only comeback is namecalling when you are beaten. That is all you have FOT.

Your hero is going into year 5 in MN.

That certainly is not overnight.

Greatness is now defined as UK BB for anyone that misunderstands.

Your only comeback is namecalling when you are beaten. That is all you have FOT.

Your hero is going into year 5 in MN.

That certainly is not overnight.

Greatness is now defined as UK BB for anyone that misunderstands.

Your ? was asked and answered.

Indeed U R that word.

Top Bottom