Help me develop the Gopherhole Signature Cocktail

It isn't derailed, you just have to pick through the other posts (like mine) to get to it.

So far we have:
Jose Gold
Fresh squeezed lime
Grenadine
vicodin
broken dreams
Blackened heart of a badger fan
unused sould of Iowa fan

Where do you purchase the Broken Dreams? Loaded question I know.

+1

without benefit of a prescription pad, you might give this a try ~

Over ice -
1 & 1/2 shot Shaker's Vodka (Minnesota booze)
1/2 shots Goldshlagger (would give it a cool gold confetti vibe)
drizzle of Comparri, bitters or Grenadine (which ever would give it the best Maroon hue)
garnish with a crab-apple (a tip of the hat to the season Brewster is abusing us with)

I'll admit that this would probably taste awful but it might look good

You know what? Right now I've got a glass of ice, 1/2 bourbon. (Evan williams, I'm cheap), 1/2 club soda, and I just noticed it is a beautiful golden color to it!

After a game and a chance to replay it on the way home, I always find myself reaching for the Bourbon. A handfull of ice in a low ball glass and three fringers of Jim Beam or Maker's Mark. You don't need the soda to realize the golden color. And generally, by the time I finished the third glass the pain is gone.

Ginger Ale, Goldy Goldschlager, Grand Marnier... warms the cockles.

After a game and a chance to replay it on the way home, I always find myself reaching for the Bourbon. A handfull of ice in a low ball glass and three fringers of Jim Beam or Maker's Mark. You don't need the soda to realize the golden color. And generally, by the time I finished the third glass the pain is gone.

Duh! "soda" has got to be part of the cocktail. Big miss on everyone's part

On the boulevard, tikited, on the boulevard.

And thanks for pointing out that the cocktail ingredients weren't forthcoming, my original thought was to actually develop something drinkable that we could all hoist in unision each week and make it a tradition, but I do like the thread responses nonetheless.

I say we all experiment this weekend and come up with a real drink, none of this Golden Gopher or Maroon and Gold names either, it will officially be called a Gopherhole.

Do we dare add an ounce of beer, in honor of Brewster?

Mason supporters can drink it out of a Mason jar.

OK, don't rip on me for this, but kind of a stupid question here. Can't figure out how to copy the prior posting to add to it like many do, what's the secret? I'm obviouslly not an IT grad.

Well if you wanna call it the Gopherhole it should look like a gopherhole. Drop shot (jag, black sambuca, anything dark) for the dirt with Midiori and red bull to make the green grass.If ya use sambuca you can light it on fire.

On the boulevard, tikited, on the boulevard.

And thanks for pointing out that the cocktail ingredients weren't forthcoming, my original thought was to actually develop something drinkable that we could all hoist in unision each week and make it a tradition, but I do like the thread responses nonetheless.

I say we all experiment this weekend and come up with a real drink, none of this Golden Gopher or Maroon and Gold names either, it will officially be called a Gopherhole.

Do we dare add an ounce of beer, in honor of Brewster?

Mason supporters can drink it out of a Mason jar.

OK, don't rip on me for this, but kind of a stupid question here. Can't figure out how to copy the prior posting to add to it like many do, what's the secret? I'm obviouslly not an IT grad.

Hit the quote button, lwer right hand side of post. To do multiple ones hit quote+ on them, with just the quote botton on the last one.

Well if you wanna call it the Gopherhole it should look like a gopherhole. Drop shot (jag, black sambuca, anything dark) for the dirt with Midiori and red bull to make the green grass.If ya use sambuca you can light it on fire.

I think I might have an idea...

Prairie Fire recipe
1 oz 1800® Tequila
1 dash Tabasco® sauce
Fill a shot glass with tequila and drop a dash of tabasco sauce in and around the edge.

Drop said shot into a bloody mary.

TMC's Dirty Gopher:

1oz Goldschlager
1oz Razzamatazz
Splash of fruit juice (something dark red)
Splash of your favorite energy drink.

Makes a maroon shot with gold flecks in it...pretty good.

Top Bottom