Help me develop the Gopherhole Signature Cocktail

Triple D

Reaction score
Maybe it's because the weekend is fast approaching, or maybe it's because every time I read a posting by "tikited" I think, damn, that Zombie Cocktail sounds pretty good, I gotta try that....so I was thinking we need to develop a cocktail in honor of our beloved Gophs.

This should be right up your alley Sir Tipsy McStagger.

Hopefully we can tip back a few in celebration of kicking some Northwestern ass, but if not they should help drown our sorrows too.

I will list the first obvious ingredient:

1 1/2 oz Jose Cuervo Gold

Maybe it's because the weekend is fast approaching, or maybe it's because every time I read a posting by "tikited" I think, damn, that Zombie Cocktail sounds pretty good, I gotta try that....so I was thinking we need to develop a cocktail in honor of our beloved Gophs.

Hopefully we can tip back a few in celebration of kicking some Northwestern ass, but if not they should help drown our sorrows too.

You should call this place for advice:

http://www.goldengopherbar.com/

I tried a Golden Gopher a couple of weeks ago based on a thread here, with hopes of becoming my signature victory tailgating drink. No dice, it is utterly undrinkable, at least using the recipe posted of this board at the time.

Mix up some grenadine and chocolate syrup to make a maroon syrup. Pour the Jose Cuervo Gold into a glass. Slowly add the maroon syrup so you have two layers, Maroon and Gold. Add several dashes of bitters, for obvious reasons.

You should call this place for advice:

http://www.goldengopherbar.com/

That's a great suggestion, H. Pete! I made note of their dress code and would like to see it enforced at TCF stadium.

Dress code is strictly enforced. No shorts, flip flops, baseball hats, athletic wear, including jerseys, or overly baggy clothing will be allowed.

Those who know me can attest that I dress like a proper gentleman each and every weekend. I long for the days when going to the game was and event and people cared about their appearance.

(I'll work on that cocktail and get back to you, however my signature drink usually starts and ends with whiskey, no mix necessary)

:cool02::cool02:

2010 Recipe

Before Kick-off:

3 shots Jose Cuervo Gold

End of 1st Quarter:

1 shot Jose Cuervo Gold

Halftime:

3 shots Jose Cuervo Gold

Third Quarter:

2 shots Jose Cuervo Gold

Final:

3 shots Jose Cuervo Gold

That should do it.

The adrenal gland of a deceast gopher.

But seriously... 1/2 ounce of freashly squeezed lime. No lime from a bottle-we are not savages.

There already is a Golden Gopher Cocktail. I have had it. It was served in a cocktail glass, but I think it could be scaled to a high ball glass.

You need a boston shaker, ice and two ingredients. Saint Remy Brandy and Creme De Cacoa. For a highball I would use two jiggers and a pony of Brandy, about 5 ozs and 2 ponys and a dash of Creme De Dacoca about 2 and quarter oz. Add the ice to the shaker and stir. Shaking will chill it too much. The stiring will still allow the Brandy to breathe. Strain the ice and serve. Or funnel it into a hip flask. It will be necessary equipment at some point.

This is an example of sales in the premium boxes that are lost at the Stadium. But have at it responsibly.;)

How about Jagermeister with a Mich Golden Chaser. Repeat it a couple dozen times and the 300lb Badger chick (I'm sorry putting 300lbs is a little redundant since most badger fans weigh that much) in section 230 will go from a 2 at 10am and a 10 at 2pm.

There already is a Golden Gopher Cocktail. I have had it. It was served in a cocktail glass, but I think it could be scaled to a high ball glass.

You need a boston shaker, ice and two ingredients. Saint Remy Brandy and Creme De Cacoa. For a highball I would use two jiggers and a pony of Brandy, about 5 ozs and 2 ponys and a dash of Creme De Dacoca about 2 and quarter oz. Add the ice to the shaker and stir. Shaking will chill it too much. The stiring will still allow the Brandy to breathe. Strain the ice and serve. Or funnel it into a hip flask. It will be necessary equipment at some point.

This is an example of sales in the premium boxes that are lost at the Stadium. But have at it responsibly.;)

This is the one I was referring to. Undrinkable, IMO.

1.75 of Booze of choice.
1 Case of choice
Drink sorrows away at poor football performance.
Find girl and sex her to feel better.
Drink more.
Sleep.
Wakeup. Repeat weekly.

Good "Gopher Colors" starter:

JAG-BOMB -- (MAROON AND GOLD)

1.75 of Booze of choice.
1 Case of choice
Drink more.
Sleep.
Wakeup. Repeat weekly.

Matt is this you?...This has been our recipe the last 3 saturdays.

1.75 of Booze of choice.
1 Case of choice
Drink more.
Sleep.
Wakeup. Repeat weekly.

Double the recipe, toss it in the back seat of an old station wagon, mix it into a random college football town on any given Saturday and that has been the life of Tipsy and Lloyd for many years.

:cool02::cool02:

Enjoying this lately: To shaker add ... cup of ice - juice of one lime - 2 shots Absolut Citron - 2 tbls simple syrup - one small coarsely chopped Thai chile pepper - shaken and strained into chilled martini glass with one whole Thai pepper for garnish. Nice combo of hot-sour-and sweet....

Three equal parts of:
Fire Brewster
Bench Weber
Whining
and then sprinkle on a little Tony Dungy to take the bite away.

You know what? Right now I've got a glass of ice, 1/2 bourbon. (Evan williams, I'm cheap), 1/2 club soda, and I just noticed it is a beautiful golden color to it!

1 part Everclear, 1 part 151, 1 part karkov, and 1 part Jose Cuervo gold. 16 oz total all at kickoff. If you survive you won't remember a thing.

1 quart Hope
1 gallon History
1 blackened heart of a badger
1 unused soul of a hawkeye

Decant contents into a shame spiral, and repeat every 5 years.

I tried a Golden Gopher a couple of weeks ago based on a thread here, with hopes of becoming my signature victory tailgating drink. No dice, it is utterly undrinkable, at least using the recipe posted of this board at the time.

then thats the perfect flavor for this year's football team....

The doctor prescribes:

Anything with alcohol content mixed in a large pot.

Drink large amounts.

Well, you tried Triple D. It was a good idea before it got derailed.

Lose the Cuervo and use Goldschlager. Try using red apple pucker and goldschlager as a shot.

The drinks called "The Maroon & Gold" (and it is VERY drinkable):

In a 12 oz glass mix:

2 oz Bacardi Rum (dark)
7 oz Cranberry Juice Cocktail
two lemon slices
fill with ice

Using Dark Rum turns the Cranberry Juice a nice shade of Maroon and the Lemon Slices a nice shade of Gold. It's my gameday drink of choice.

Enjoy

Well, you tried Triple D. It was a good idea before it got derailed.

It isn't derailed, you just have to pick through the other posts (like mine) to get to it.

So far we have:
Jose Gold
Fresh squeezed lime
Grenadine
vicodin
broken dreams
Blackened heart of a badger fan
unused sould of Iowa fan

Top Bottom