Hello Gopher fans, Southern Miss fan here...

Actually, it was a direct quote. You don't alter direct quotes.

Then you're supposed to put ellipses before and after the quote.

And lots of people retire to the north. Everyone has a summer cabin in the north/central lakes area, and many retire to said cabin. Or build a newer one.

And lots of people retire to the north. Everyone has a summer cabin in the north/central lakes area, and many retire to said cabin. Or build a newer one.
You expect them to learn that kind of thing in Mississippi? It takes them 12 years just to learn how to add and subtract small numbers.

Whoa, hold on a sec.

We have people from a state that produced Al Franken, Keith Ellison, and Michelle Bachmann ripping on another state? Jesus Christ, it's bizzarro world. Where do you people get the balls?

And people from Minnesota ripping on anyone else's accents? What???? LOL. I will say that most people I've met from Minnesota are much more pleasant that you idiots, though when it comes to accents....I mean seriously. Just stop. I can't.....

I love how stereotyping is perfectly fine, as long as it's a certain group being subject to it. I doubt any of you Minnesooooootans have been too far from your home state before, it's quite obvious you've never been down here. Life exists outside the tundra and ice shacks. Unfortunately I had the displeasure of visiting Minnesota. Nice people....but it was probably the most boring week of my life and definitely the whitest place I've ever been to. I'm not sure I saw someone who didn't resemble Powder. Adolf Hitler would have a wet dream thinking about your state.

Smack talk aside (don't dish it out if you can't take it), should be a good game. Love your football coach.

My Good friend from New Orleans goes to school in Clinton Mississippi, Mississippi college, plays baseball there, he HATES it there, leaves every weekend to get away. He has even skipped entire weeks of school just so he didn't have to be in the state. Tells me the girls are hideous, and how he'd rather die alone than date one of them. I also think its funny that you bring up our lack of diversity, while you may have more diversity, it doesn't sound like your state is really proud of that fact since he is always telling me how bad Mexicans and African Americans are treated there. I have never been there (nor do I have any desire to visit), so I can't confirm or deny any of these claims, so take it FWIW. My friend is currently in the process of transferring to louisiana lafayette.

How the F do you go 11-2 in 2011 (Ranked #19 at the end of the season!) and then lose 23 straight the next two seasons? A coaching change, yes... But still hilarious.

HAHA - now THAT'S quality smack. To answer your question, you hire the most incompetent HEAD football coach you can find and make sure he is old school, sees how many kids he can get to transfer out, promise a true freshman a starting QB slot if he signs with you and then tell all the players they can't use their "walkman" in the weight room. Oh, these aren't all but you get the point.

Whoa, hold on a sec.

We have people from a state that produced Al Franken, Keith Ellison, and Michelle Bachmann ripping on another state? Jesus Christ, it's bizzarro world. Where do you people get the balls?

And people from Minnesota ripping on anyone else's accents? What???? LOL. I will say that most people I've met from Minnesota are much more pleasant that you idiots, though when it comes to accents....I mean seriously. Just stop. I can't.....

I love how stereotyping is perfectly fine, as long as it's a certain group being subject to it. I doubt any of you Minnesooooootans have been too far from your home state before, it's quite obvious you've never been down here. Life exists outside the tundra and ice shacks. Unfortunately I had the displeasure of visiting Minnesota. Nice people....but it was probably the most boring week of my life and definitely the whitest place I've ever been to. I'm not sure I saw someone who didn't resemble Powder. Adolf Hitler would have a wet dream thinking about your state.

Smack talk aside (don't dish it out if you can't take it), should be a good game. Love your football coach.

Whoa, hold on a sec.

We have people from a state that produced Britney Spears, Larry Hoover, and Jimmy Buffett ripping on another state? Jesus Christ, it's bizzarro world. Where do you people get the balls?

And people from Mississippi ripping on anyone else's accents? What???? LOL. I will say that most people I've met from Mississippi are much more pleasant that you idiots, though when it comes to accents....I mean seriously. Just stop. I can't.....

I love how stereotyping is perfectly fine, as long as it's a certain group being subject to it. I doubt any of you Mississippers have been too far from your home state before, it's quite obvious you've never been up here. Life exists outside of your sister's snatch. Unfortunately I had the displeasure of driving through Mississippi on the way to a state with some entertainment value. Nice people....but it was probably the most boring drive of my life and definitely the jean shorts-iest place I've ever been to. I'm not sure I saw someone who didn't resemble Honey Boo Boo. Dr. Atkins would have a wet dream thinking about your state.

Smack talk aside (don't dish it out if you can't take it), should be a blowout. Love your unemployment rates.

My Good friend from New Orleans goes to school in Clinton Mississippi, Mississippi college, plays baseball there, he HATES it there, leaves every weekend to get away. He has even skipped entire weeks of school just so he didn't have to be in the state. Tells me the girls are hideous, and how he'd rather die alone than date one of them. I also think its funny that you bring up our lack of diversity, while you may have more diversity, it doesn't sound like your state is really proud of that fact since he is always telling me how bad Mexicans and African Americans are treated there. I have never been there (nor do I have any desire to visit), so I can't confirm or deny any of these claims, so take it FWIW. My friend is currently in the process of transferring to louisiana lafayette.

Your friend must be a top notch baseball player if he's transferring from Mississippi College to UL-Lafayette. The Ragin' Cajuns are a top 10 baseball team. Too bad he's in Jackson (Clinton is basically a Jackson bedroom community). Good luck to him.

Your friend must be a top notch baseball player if he's transferring from Mississippi College to UL-Lafayette. The Ragin' Cajuns are a top 10 baseball team. Too bad he's in Jackson (Clinton is basically a Jackson bedroom community). Good luck to him.

naw, he is giving up baseball after this year and his scholarship, willing to pay for school than have to stay in Mississippi any longer. A high school teammate is on that team though.

Since when is liking Green Day "regrettable"? That is a weird thing to say. And to lump it into a state? Just odd.

Creed sucks, obviously.

True. But since I'm a fat, diabetic, poor, bigoted, uneducated incestuous Mississippian I overlooked the obvious. By the way, I'm so happy to see the enlightened Minnesotans having such a hard time allowing themselves to stereotype people. There's certainly no prejudice to be found in northern climes.

True. But since I'm a fat, diabetic, poor, bigoted, uneducated incestuous Mississippian I overlooked the obvious. By the way, I'm so happy to see the enlightened Minnesotans having such a hard time allowing themselves to stereotype people. There's certainly no prejudice to be found in northern climes.

why exactly did you come to a Gopher fan board?

Here's a quote from a fan on their board by someone called InfluentialDonor:
I honestly hoped for a good game. Now I just hope Donnie Tyndall body slams their coach at half court and puts him in a rear naked choke.

Stay classy Golden Eagle Fans.:pig:

You can go on a diet you know. Education is also available to those who seek it. Is the confederate flag still part of the Miss state flag? If so people from Miss would be the experts on prejudice.

Three Minnesota cities in the top 21 of best places to live.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/best-places/2013/full_list/?iid=BPL_sp_full

I'm sure Mississippi has at least one in the top 500

This is a list of best small towns just to clarify. Still, they must be pissed that a town from Alabama, a town from Tennessee, and two towns from Georgia made this list. If Mississippi towns catch up to the latter half of the 20th century, one of them might be up for consideration.

You can go on a diet you know. Education is also available to those who seek it. Is the confederate flag still part of the Miss state flag? If so people from Miss would be the experts on prejudice.

As evidenced by the posts in this board, right?

Whoa, hold on a sec.

SMTTT, I share your dislike of stereotyping and I'd liked to apologize for some of the inappropriate remarks made here. Having said that I would like to respond to a couple of your statements. I for one have spent time in Mississippi and have both lived in the south and travelled through the south extensively. I'm sorry that you found your time in Minnesota boring. Below is a portion of a post that I made recently regarding some of our states assets; especially the Metropolitan Area.

"The University of Minnesota is located in a metropolitan area of 3.4 million people. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area is home to 18 Fortune 500 companies, and per capita income in the State of Minnesota ranks in the top ten nationally. Currently, its economy is the nation's fifth fastest growing. It's the birthplace of the shopping mall of which the Mall of America is the nation's largest. MOA, moreover, is in the process of expanding to more than twice its current size.
As I'm sure most of you known, the Twin Cities has a full complement of pro sports teams. The Twins play their home games in a beautiful new ball park located in downtown Minneapolis across from Target Center which is being significantly upgraded. It's an area of bars, restaurants, night clubs, art galleries, and boutiques. The Vikings will soon break ground on a new $1 billion domed stadium, which will also be located in downtown Minneapolis.
It's an area of great natural beauty and cultural richness. The Trust for Public Land recently ranked the Minneapolis park system as the nation's best. The system incorporates a network of 21 lakes within the city. Minneapolis was also recently ranked sixth nationally as an arts venue. See http://www.minneapolismn.gov/www/groups/public/@clerk/documents/webcontent/wcms1p-103117.pdf The Twin Cities boasts the second largest number of live theater seats in the nation with numerous venues including the famed Guthrie Theater overlooking the banks of the Mississippi River. It is second to only New York City in per capita attendance at theater and arts events. The Minnesota Orchestra and the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra are among the nation's finest, and the Walker Art Center is among the more avant guarde galleries in the country. Two of the 4 winners of this year's National Book Awards, Louise Erdrich and William Alexander, live in Minneapolis. A third, Katherine Boo, is the daughter of a Minnesota couple. Her parents were aids to the late Senator Eugene McCarthy.
As for the University itself. it is one of the highest ranked research universities in the world. A 2012 study ranked it 29th out of the more than 1000 reviewed. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Minnesota"

For a fresh look at Minnesota, follow this link. http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sc/web/full-episodes/titles/26691/aerial-america-Minnesota

Enjoy the game tonight. It should be a good one.

Top Bottom