Hawkeye fans dreading the Gophers return this Saturday!

froggopher

Reaction score
I checked out several Iowa message boards today. Man are they pissed off! They are also scared to death of Minnesota and losing Floyd again for one more year. My final score: Minnesota 38 Iowa 10!! Ferentz gets fired at the end of the season,too!:clap::clap::pig::clap::pig:

Have you looked at Ferentz contract? He is there until 2020, they can't buy out 7 years. Besides, he is a damn good coach with the brass to survive a downward trend until he rights the ship.

That Scout Board is nuts, I'm feeling even more confident now.

They sound like we did just a couple of years ago. Regardless of the sentiments in Iowa City, I will never be too confident with this team, until they show that they can go out and execute a game plan for 60 minutes without stupid penalties.

Kirk has proven himself already. It's not like the guy suddenly forgot how to coach or run a program. I fully expect Iowa to give the Gophers their toughest test of the year on Saturday. It's never easy in Kinnick.

Best recent post on that board:

"I'm sorry Hawk fans, but Bob Stoops is not leaving Oklahoma for Iowa. That would be like trading a Ferrari for a Ford Taurus.....not happening."
-George95

I don't think that Ferentz has forgotten how to coach, but with wholesale changes on the coaching staff, the changes aren't go smoothly. I expect that they will be a much tougher team later this year, and we may be lucky, to be playing them early. I expect that we win Saturday but it will be hard fought.

It wasn't a very pretty game in Vegas but right about now, I'm REALLY happy that the trip to Iowa City isn't the first road game of the season. Makes a huge difference. This was Syracuse's first true road game of the season and they did NOT play well.

Looking forward to finally playing a team that doesn't run out 3-4 WR, no huddle, 45 pass attempts per game.

Have you looked at Ferentz contract? He is there until 2020, they can't buy out 7 years. Besides, he is a damn good coach with the brass to survive a downward trend until he rights the ship.

$21,000,000 to buy him out.

I checked out several Iowa message boards today. Man are they pissed off! They are also scared to death of Minnesota and losing Floyd again for one more year. My final score: Minnesota 38 Iowa 10!! Ferentz gets fired at the end of the season,too!:clap::clap::pig::clap::pig:

Any good links to their boards? I want to read their whining posts!

This is a must win game for Iowa. They have dropped two home games so far and if they want to salvage their season it has to start for them on Saturday against us.

Add in that it is Homecoming, a trophy game they have lost the past two years, and of course everything else that comes with the Iowa/Minnesota rivalry and my bet will be that we will get Iowa's best effort of the season.

The defense will have to build on the way it played against Syracuse and the offense will once again have to play turnover free football for us to have a shot in this one.

The opportunity is there to leave Iowa City with Floyd in tow but it is going to take a great game across the board to get it done because Iowa is clearly a team with its back against the wall right now.

I think Ferentz has had one sub .500 B10 season since 2002.

I believe we've had one above .500 season in that time span.

So I'm thinking Ferentz will not be wearing a diaper on Saturday at home.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but our last win at Kinnick depended on Sean Hoffman's tipped pass. And Sean Hoffman is more than halfway to Social Security.

Huh. I had read somewhere that Iowa fans don't consider us a major rival. So weird.

I think Ferentz has had one sub .500 B10 season since 2002.

I believe we've had one above .500 season in that time span.

So I'm thinking Ferentz will not be wearing a diaper on Saturday at home.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but our last win at Kinnick depended on Sean Hoffman's tipped pass. And Sean Hoffman is more than halfway to Social Security.
You're correct. The last Gopher win at Kinnick was November 1999. The previous win at Iowa City was in 1989. Kinnick has been a tough place to win for the Gophers.

I hope the Gophers play with the same intensity that they displayed Saturday night. I like their swarming defense. The way Weisman has been running for Iowa, the Gophers will need more than a solo tackler, if they're going to shut down Iowa's running game.

Go Gophers!!

Iowa's loss to CMU makes them more dangerous IMO. I just hope the Gophers play to the best of their potential; if they do that, I think we'll win. We don't have enough margin of error here to get a win if the team makes dumb mistakes, loses the turnover battle and/or isaffected by the crowd noise.

In Iowa, can corn be used as currency? I mean, can you pull up to the Hardees drive in and select between cash, credit card, and corn cobs? "Can you believe what they can get for these American Girl dolls? This one I picked up for my daughter was priced at 23 bushels!"

Iowa here we come!

In Iowa, can corn be used as currency? I mean, can you pull up to the Hardees drive in and select between cash, credit card, and corn cobs? "Can you believe what they can get for these American Girl dolls? This one I picked up for my daughter was priced at 23 bushels!"

My score will still stand! Minnesota 38 Iowa 10 Go Gophers!!!:pig::cool::cool02::clap:

Huh. I had read somewhere that Iowa fans don't consider us a major rival. So weird.

I don't think that's true. I think they're one of the few where their main rival (MN) doesn't think they're their main rival (WI). MN is more like WI than Iowa and Iowa is more like Nebraska in terms of state population/culture. That's why they demanded Nebraska the last game of the year instead of MN which had been in previous years when negotiating Nebraska and the divisions.

I saw this on a Hawkeye board I found it humorous.

Re: It's Floyd week. Bring home the Bacon! Reply
Weisman is Jewish

Floyd isn't Kosher

This doesn't bode well

It will be when the Hunger Games begin.

This game is huge for both squads. I think both teams are evenly matched and the outcome could come down to taking care of the ball, field position and special team play.

It won't surprise me if the loser of this game is not bowl eligible.

Agreed Bayfieldgopher. Our squad might not be favored in a game for the rest of the reason (even if they win this game). So far Coach Kill and his staff have done a great job of having the kids play smart football.

This is a must win game for Iowa. They have dropped two home games so far and if they want to salvage their season it has to start for them on Saturday against us.

Couldn't agree more. Winning Floyd can do a lot for team morale. Look at our team before the Iowa game last year....and after. We were a completely different squad. If that oinker is a catalyst for pride and harder play, I surely hope it's doing so from Nagurski and not Iowa City.

This game is huge for both squads. I think both teams are evenly matched and the outcome could come down to taking care of the ball, field position and special team play.

It won't surprise me if the loser of this game is not bowl eligible.

Agree 100% although in the end I think it is a little more must win for Iowa. Still for Minnesota to ensure at least 6 wins this one would be massive because they certainly don't get easier over the remainder of the schedule. Our kickers scare me because this is the kind of game that can turn quickly on a missed field goal or shanked punt, two things we have had a tough time avoiding this year.

Max has to be smart with the ball like he was for the most part against Syracuse and can't try to force the action. If he can do that and our defense comes up big like it did against Syracuse I like our chances to bring Floyd back home. I think he has gotten pretty comfortable here the past few years.

Top Bottom