Have you got your season tickets yet?

Ticket Office

I was told on Monday by ticket office, they will be mailed late this week or early next week. Seriously can they procrastinate any more? Last year I was one of the people that never got tickets and had to get them reprinted.

there is a lot that goes into it. just be patient. your forgetting the little things that go into as well...packing all of them into envelopes. no small task

Although i do feel some of your pain, as the ticket office finally has updated my contact information after 5 times notifying them.

Just called the ticket office and got some info that MIGHT explain the situation.

The rep. I talked to stated that they had placed their printing order with University Printing Services long before the scrimmage was scheduled. When the scrimmage was added to the schedule and it was decided it would require a ticket, it was too late to change the printing dates with U.P.S. So...they ended up having to print them on the same schedule as they would have if the tickets weren't needed until 9/12. If that is true, I guess it kind of makes sense. Or...they just made up a good story to shut upset people like me up.

Either way....the rep. said tickets will be mailed out by this Friday.

We'll see.

Whole thing is sloppy

Between the seat backs, scrimmage, alcohol, and mailing of tickets. They don't seem very prepared for what is about to take place every Saturday on Campus.

Between the seat backs, scrimmage, alcohol, and mailing of tickets. They don't seem very prepared for what is about to take place every Saturday on Campus.

Ugh, how is alcohol a part of this? The U had their plan and other folks (cough, legislators, cough) threw a wrench in the gears. Not the U's deal.

Did everyone really think there weren't going to be foul-ups the FIRST YEAR that we were back on campus?

every saturday on campus? lol...i wish. uh, try 6 or 7 saturdays per year.

Just called the ticket office and got some info that MIGHT explain the situation.

The rep. I talked to stated that they had placed their printing order with University Printing Services long before the scrimmage was scheduled. When the scrimmage was added to the schedule and it was decided it would require a ticket, it was too late to change the printing dates with U.P.S. So...they ended up having to print them on the same schedule as they would have if the tickets weren't needed until 9/12. If that is true, I guess it kind of makes sense. Or...they just made up a good story to shut upset people like me up.

Either way....the rep. said tickets will be mailed out by this Friday.

We'll see.

Knowing how things happen at the U (right hand not always knowing what the left is doing) I had suspected that this might be the case but didn't want to speculate on the board about it. It doesn't surprise me at all. The ticket office was ready and then the stadium folks probably decided they wanted to do the scrimmage thing and it threw a bit of a wrench into the plans. Thankfully, they should still arrive in time.

Now, for those of you who have had problems in the past and are extra nervous:

Relax, there is always a way to fix the situation. There are ticket windows at the stadium for game day and a ticket office across the street for the day or two before. They can always print you tickets on the spot if something unforeseen happens.

Many successful universities have done this such as Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

Of course you listed Nebraska first...but I'm surprised you didn't even mention that Texas is a client, especially since you usually have their testes placed so firmly on the tip of your tongue.

Knowing how things happen at the U (right hand not always knowing what the left is doing) I had suspected that this might be the case but didn't want to speculate on the board about it. It doesn't surprise me at all. The ticket office was ready and then the stadium folks probably decided they wanted to do the scrimmage thing and it threw a bit of a wrench into the plans. Thankfully, they should still arrive in time.

Now, for those of you who have had problems in the past and are extra nervous:

Relax, there is always a way to fix the situation. There are ticket windows at the stadium for game day and a ticket office across the street for the day or two before. They can always print you tickets on the spot if something unforeseen happens.

I agree and as I've said before I'm not surprised there are issues. However, I can see getting your "real" tickets being a bigger deal for this season as I think folks want the "real" tickets for memory purposes. I for one am going to be keeping all the stubs and getting them mounted/framed with a photo or 2 from the Air Force game. If I didn't have the "real" tickets b/c of a snafu I'm not ashamed to say I'd be PO'd.

There was a problem with seat backs?
I personally think the only problem with seat backs is that some bleacher ticket holders had a hard time reading their mailed out brochures and lacked the common sense of calling 612-624-8080 if they had any questions or concerns.
Pretty much every person (besides students and the last few who got tickets) had a chance to sit in a chairback seat if they truely wanted to. Fork out the money and improve your gopher point total. If you CHOSE not to fork out the money I believe you had to have your head in the ground to not realize that the U was providing rentals. No where did it say you could bring your own in.

Of course you listed Nebraska first...but I'm surprised you didn't even mention that Texas is a client, especially since you usually have their testes placed so firmly on the tip of your tongue.

Congratulations on being an adult, I am sure your parents are very proud. Oh, and god forbid we would ever want to duplicate or follow the blueprint of successful programs that we hope to be on par with someday, afterall the blueprint we have been following for the last 40 years has worked so well. Next time I'll be sure and list Ohio State first so you feel better.

Congratulations on being an adult, I am sure your parents are very proud. Oh, and god forbid we would ever want to duplicate or follow the blueprint of successful programs that we hope to be on par with someday, afterall the blueprint we have been following for the last 40 years has worked so well. Next time I'll be sure and list Ohio State first so you feel better.

No doubt those are successful programs, and should be emulated. It's sort of one of those things that goes without saying.

The fact that you think it's normal, and good, to compare EVERY SINGLE FACET of our program (meaning real Gopher fans, aka not you) to Texas or Nebraska, and then proceed to remind us time and again how they do it better, really says a lot about you and where your loyalties lie.

Top Bottom