Have you got your season tickets yet?

Reaction score
Have people received their season tickets in the mail yet? I have yet to get mine, and I'm getting nervous, as Aug. 22nd is only 19 days away!

IIRC, it was being said that all season ticket holders should have them in hand by Aug 15. I'm not expecting mine until sometime during the week before that day (Aug 15 is a Saturday).

I just spoke to the Ticket Office and they said they just started mailing the tickets out. So it could be soon for some folks. :)

I was wondering as well. I thought I read somewhere they were starting this week. I cannot wait to get home everday to check my mail. FINALLY something good comes in the mail besides bills.

Is there a ticket for Aug 22? How is that going to work?

After last years ticket problems, I am expecting my tickets to be printed off on about September 10th.

Countdown is less than 10 days I hope they come this week.

What is ther reason the U gives for sending these things out so close to the season's start? I don't understand why it would take so long but maybe I am missing some reason for the buzzer-beater mailing approach.

What is ther reason the U gives for sending these things out so close to the season's start? I don't understand why it would take so long but maybe I am missing some reason for the buzzer-beater mailing approach.

Could be something to do with scalping. Just a guess.

I have no idea what is the norm.

It seems rediculous they would wait this long and cut it pretty close. It's funny no one on Gopher Hole has gotten them yet. And we are supposed to all have them by this Saturday? I say if it's August and the check's cleared...get them in the mail!!

I'm anxious too but let's not assume that it's just an easy, quick thing to design, print, and mail 50,000 tickets. Besides, I don't think we're getting these any later than normal. There are 11 more days until the scrimmage. They'll be here.

I'm anxious too but let's not assume that it's just an easy, quick thing to design, print, and mail 50,000 tickets. Besides, I don't think we're getting these any later than normal. There are 11 more days until the scrimmage. They'll be here.

You will have to fill me in then. How is it not easy? The schedule was known long ago. I assume they will be here but I don't understand why they want to cut it so close?

They just had 30,000 plus re pick their seats in a brand new stadium...an entirely new process that just wrapped up in June.

Have you ever not gotten your tickets?

I was just checking on Syracuse's Scout board (to get any info relevant to Sept. 5) and found a thread there stating that Syracuse would be mailing season tickets on August 17. So, maybe mid-August is the norm.

Now why the Goal Line Club has yet to send me my media guide is a whole different story:mad:

You will have to fill me in then. How is it not easy? The schedule was known long ago. I assume they will be here but I don't understand why they want to cut it so close?

Well, let's see, seat assignment was still going on in JUNE!!! I don't know all the details of how ticket mailings work, but have worked with some other large-scale printings and mass mailings. There's a fair amount of setup and double checking involved because you don't want to make errors (people getting wrong tickets and the like).

Seriously, when the *#$& have we ever had our tickets before mid-August? I don't remember a single year where that happened. There are 11 days until scrimmage and 31 days until the home opener. They'll be here.

Okay. You accept the notion that it takes 10 weeks to print and mail tickets. I know they always mail at the last minute. I simply wonder why they choose to do so.

Unfortunately I have very little faith in the ticket office. I didn't get my football tickets last year until I called 4 times and then they had to reprint them and fedex them to me but I didn't get the same tickets as everyone else, i.e. no huge Iowa ticket. Then for the NCAA tournament I didn't get them for that either and had to call the week of to get them and again they had to reprint them and again I ended with different tickets than everyone else. This time I am having them hold them at will call and I called last week and asked if I could pick them up on the 18th and they said they would be available but I guess we'll see. I don't get why it is so difficult to get it right and get them out but they aren't good at it in my opinion.

They just had 30,000 plus re pick their seats in a brand new stadium...an entirely new process that just wrapped up in June.

Have you ever not gotten your tickets?

Yes, last year. I had them printed at the "U" booth at the state fair on the Friday night before the opener. This followed several calls to the ticket office where I was told to "be patient". At the booth itself, the ticket office rep suggested I wait until gameday before I worried about it. Like approximately 10% of our ticketholders, I never received them last year. So, it DOES happen periodically.

These stories of people NOT getting their tickets is the exact reason why they should mail them out earlier.

The scrimmage is 9 mail days away. If there is a problem, they get lost, forgotten, stolen by the mailman, whatever...how will there be time to fix the problem? How will I even know that there IS a problem? The fact that sending out 50,000 tickets is a big job is the exact reason why they should not wait until the last minute.

This doesn't even take into account my other concern. I need to get my tickets and then mail them back to the Cities to my brother-in-law who I am giving them to for the scrimmage because I can't go. How I am going to be able to do this if they don't show up until 4-5 mail days before the scrimmage?

They really are not thinking on this deal at all. Yes, it's been mid-August othe years...when we didn't need the tickets until Labor Day weekend in September. This year we need them 2 weeks sooner. It's a joke they didn't realize this and adjust previous practice accordingly.

This is the same ticket office which created a seperate account ID for my basketball versus football tickets and when I called them to have them consolidated and combined so I got credit for both sets of tickets as well as pay and view them under one account they had no clue what to do. When I asked which account number they were going to combine them under they could not tell me and told me "they would just pick one" and get back to me which of course they never did. It is clearly not run by competent professionals. And don't even get me started on the marketing department, this is the same group that often waits till the last minute to put together packages for road trips to key games and only at the urging of gopherholers in some instances. The university might be better served to turn over marketing to an outside firm that actually knows how to market athletics, such as IMG college. Many successful universities have done this such as Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, etc..

http://www.imgcollege.com/index.php/story/collegiate_marketing_and_ncaa

I got two sets of four season tickets (ordered one set of four), in two different parts of the stadium in '07. They never did figure out what they had done. I tried to be a good guy and call the ticket office to let them know about the error. They never returned a call. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told they don't do that (don't let people talk to supervisors). The best I could do is leave a message for a manager. I did so and NEVER got a call back. So, I finally gave up and said 'f-this'. There have been numerous times that I have been given an answer to a question, called back later, asked the same question to a second person, and got a completely 180 degree different answer.

I worry about each and every transaction I make with them.

I have about 6 or 7 accounts from various times in the past when I changed address and somebody probably couldn't figure out how out to update it so just started a new account. I always fear that they will screw up some day and send something to my Bailey Hall address circa 1999.

Top Bottom