Hate to say it...

GopherHomer

Am I Though?
Reaction score
But I'd trade rosters with Portland. How hard is it to find guys that can shoot the basketball. That little guy can stroke the threes, man. Don't get me wrong, the Gophers very well may come back and win the game, but that is attribute largely to Tubby. I love our team, but I just get sick of watching the bricks.

But I'd trade rosters with Portland. How hard is it to find guys that can shoot the basketball. That little guy can stroke the threes, man. Don't get me wrong, the Gophers very well may come back and win the game, but that is attribute largely to Tubby. I love our team, but I just get sick of watching the bricks.

Whoa whoa whoa. Take a step back. There's 20 minutes left and this team has been a second half team so far this season. Admittedly, that first half was grotesque, but let's not get crazy here.

Way to overreact. That's one of my biggest issues with some of our fans - you look at a moment instead of the grand scheme of things.

Sampson - can he ever shoot it in in? free throws are killing us!

Buy a one way ticket - portland is cloudy this time of year - wait - all the time

When the weather in Portland and Seattle is bad, it's awfully drab gray.

But when the weather is nice, there's no place like it.

Pretty much the type of post that keeps me from lurking during games..... Perspective people.

Pretty much the type of post that keeps me from lurking during games..... Perspective people.

You should try the chat room - it was actually pretty good today. No flamers, pretty well-informed posters, and civil.

You guys are right...even though we lost, I am disturbed by my original post and wish I could take it back. I was a little emotional and intrigued by the overall shooting of Portland. Scotch and Gophers don't always mix perfectly. I deserve every barb thrown at me and I won't hold it against you. Please, just know that my frustration came out of love, not hate. Go Gophers!

You guys are right...even though we lost, I am disturbed by my original post and wish I could take it back. I was a little emotional and intrigued by the overall shooting of Portland. Scotch and Gophers don't always mix perfectly. I deserve every barb thrown at me and I won't hold it against you. Please, just know that my frustration came out of love, not hate. Go Gophers!

We all get that way, thanks for admitting that.

Looks like the Gophers have regressed on FT's this year....veerrrrrrrry dissapointing!

No problem. I've had more than my fair share of meltdown moments as well. And considering how tonight went, I fully sympathize.

Carter, Sampson, and Westbrook all look worse shooting FTs this year. Joseph was pretty pitiful tonight too. I still think we'd win if we played them again. For pretty much every player having a bad game, we were in it until the end.

Not to sound racist, but how are we getting outrebounded by all of these unathletic white guys? We need to learn how to box out. Sampson is the least intimidating almost 7 footer.

It's called fundamentals. We got murdered in those tonight. Ball security, spacing, sharing the ball, rebounding position, free throw form, all were major deficits for us vs. Portland. We did nothing after timeouts. We had numbers bodies-wise, and could afford more fouls (as with last night) than Portland. That was our one and only advantage, and we were fortunate not to have been blown out with such a gap in these key areas. They missed a TON of open looks against us, or it would have been truly ugly.

It's called fundamentals. We got murdered in those tonight. Ball security, spacing, sharing the ball, rebounding position, free throw form, all were major deficits for us vs. Portland. We did nothing after timeouts. We had numbers bodies-wise, and could afford more fouls (as with last night) than Portland. That was our one and only advantage, and we were fortunate not to have been blown out with such a gap in these key areas. They missed a TON of open looks against us, or it would have been truly ugly.

And that's coaching. I love Tubby as you can tell by my username, but he was horrid today. Looked uninterested and was outcoached by some homeless looking scrub.

What's wrong with what GopherHomer stated? Portland could very well be a better team than us.

In 2008, NDSU finished 16-13 and ranked 134th in the Pomeroy ratings. They returned their entire team in 2009, finished 26-7, made the NCAA tournament and ranked 65th in the Pomeory ratings.

Portland went 19-13 last year and ranked 110th in the Pomeroy ratings. They too returned their entire roster from last year. If Portland can make the same relative jump that NDSU did, they would be a top 40-50 team.

When is that?

Seattle in the summertime is America's best kept secret. Usually between the second weekend of June and the third weekend of September will find the skies in greater Puget Sound clear. At least when the smog doesn't get too thick. I was fortunate to live their for two summers.

Trade rosters? Are you serious? Obviously there's something wrong with that statement, but he owned up to it at least.

Usually your arguments are at least decent, but that whole comparison to NDSU...just no. I thought their defense was pretty impressive, but if they end up a better team than us this year, we are in for a pretty disappointing season.

What's wrong with what GopherHomer stated? Portland could very well be a better team than us.

In 2008, NDSU finished 16-13 and ranked 134th in the Pomeroy ratings. They returned their entire team in 2009, finished 26-7, made the NCAA tournament and ranked 65th in the Pomeory ratings.

Portland went 19-13 last year and ranked 110th in the Pomeroy ratings. They too returned their entire roster from last year. If Portland can make the same relative jump that NDSU did, they would be a top 40-50 team.

Usually your arguments are at least decent, but that whole comparison to NDSU...just no.

:confused:

What was wrong with the parallel to NDSU? NDSU improved greatly just by returning their entire roster, going from a so-so Summit League team to a team that pushed Kansas in the first round of the tournament.

If Portand made the same relative improvement that NDSU did, they are going to be a very solid team this year.

I thought their defense was pretty impressive, but if they end up a better team than us this year, we are in for a pretty disappointing season.

Yes, it would.

Well I guess if you go by KG's theory that "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE", then I guess there's nothing wrong with the argument. No offense, just not one of your better arguments.

:confused:

What was wrong with the parallel to NDSU? NDSU improved greatly just by returning their entire roster, going from a so-so Summit League team to a team that pushed Kansas in the first round of the tournament.

If Portand made the same relative improvement that NDSU did, they are going to be a very solid team this year.

Yes, it would.

Well I guess if you go by KG's theory that "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE", then I guess there's nothing wrong with the argument. No offense, just not one of your better arguments.

What the hell is wrong with it?

Chill out. Your argument is, "well, if this team did it, why can't this team do it?". That's the problem. I really don't think I need to elaborate. And I'm not saying that Portland isn't a good team or that they can't be.

What the hell is wrong with it?

Top Bottom