Hasan Lipscomb?

ChicagoGopher

Reaction score
SIAP (recently) - Any idea what's going on with him and if we will ever see him in Maroon and Gold. We keep talking about our best running back potentially not being on campus for the spring game and I wonder if he still fits into our longer term plans.

SIAP (recently) - Any idea what's going on with him and if we will ever see him in Maroon and Gold. We keep talking about our best running back potentially not being on campus for the spring game and I wonder if he still fits into our longer term plans.

It is in our best interests to have Lipscomb here as soon as he is allowed. To expect one of the new kids to light it up this year isn't very realistic, but next season could be different imo.

crazy that you started this thread today, i just talked to him for Scout and he is planning on being on campus this summer!

crazy that you started this thread today, i just talked to him for Scout and he is planning on being on campus this summer!

That's big news! I didn't think he'd be here until 2011. Did he say anything more about how his knee was doing? It's great that he's so far ahead of schedule, but ACL's can take a while to recover from. Thanks for the update.

I just saw this post at Scout that said he redshirted down at a Hoston JC.

Hasan Lipscomb Redshirting At Blinn JC
Hasan Lipscomb, a 5-foot-11, 200-pound running back from Houston, is redshirting at Blinn (TX) JC.
-by GoldenSports.net Oct 14, 2009

:confused:

Even though I was impressed with the work of Eskeridge and Bennett, this is good news if true. It can't hurt to have another guy of his caliber in the mix back there.

I just saw this post at Scout that said he redshirted down at a Hoston JC.

Hasan Lipscomb Redshirting At Blinn JC
Hasan Lipscomb, a 5-foot-11, 200-pound running back from Houston, is redshirting at Blinn (TX) JC.
-by GoldenSports.net Oct 14, 2009

:confused:

That was his plan. The kid had a vision and planned for the future. He wanted to preserve as much eligibility at the next level as possible. The only question I have is if his first year qualifies as Medical RS or not.

It is great news that he still intends on being here. I had come to believe that it was doubtful. Very Nice.

How is that even possible? I thought once you entered JC you had to earn your Associate's degree before you could enroll in a University? So, I thought the earliest he would arrive would be next spring, via early enrollment.

I can't see the Scout article by the way.

Go Gophers!
SK Gopher

I think that the A.A. is only a necessity if you can't pass the ACT. I don't think you are stuck at CC for 2 years if you enroll. You aren't stuck at any other school for 2 years if you enroll, you can transfer whenever you want. I know that Paul Carter was JUCO, then came to the gophers with 3 years of eligibility remaining. I don't know what his specific circumstances were, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar situation.

Pretty certain, 2-year AA degree is required if prospect not a qualifier out of high school.

I think that the A.A. is only a necessity if you can't pass the ACT. I don't think you are stuck at CC for 2 years if you enroll. You aren't stuck at any other school for 2 years if you enroll, you can transfer whenever you want. I know that Paul Carter was JUCO, then came to the gophers with 3 years of eligibility remaining. I don't know what his specific circumstances were, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar situation.

Pretty sure Paul Carter red-shirted one of his two years at JC, so had 3 years left of eligibility.

Pretty certain, 2-year AA degree is required if prospect not a qualifier out of high school.

My understanding is there is a difference between a non qualifier and not meeting the necessary ACT score. You are correct non qualifiers must get their AA. If it is just a ACT score, example Gray, you only need to raise your ACT score.

It's never been clear which category Hasan was in, but if it was simply an issue of getting a higher ACT, I think he should be set to enroll.

My understanding is there is a difference between a non qualifier and not meeting the necessary ACT score. You are correct non qualifiers must get their AA. If it is just a ACT score, example Gray, you only need to raise your ACT score.

It's never been clear which category Hasan was in, but if it was simply an issue of getting a higher ACT, I think he should be set to enroll.

I remember debating this a few months ago - if you are correct, Gopher Grad, from what he said here, it looks like he just needed to raise his SAT score:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1123

He never played football for Blinn so perhaps he just took some ACR prep class or somethin while there?

Also, not sure how it erffects things but he may have red shorted due to his knee injury.

Whatever the case, like M Gray this kid is a stud and has stuck with us thoughout the setbacks and challenges. Here's hoping he's the next great one.

Think about it for a second. Last year Kevin Whaley was pushing our two current RBs for more playing time - and getting it. Brewster is looking for other options.

Lipscomb is a player who can make an immediate impact in the fall.

I think he was short credits as well. That is another situation where a kid can transfer prior to getting the AA. He did set himself up to be like Paul Carter should he not achieve qualification status.

So three ways a kid can come from JUCO early. Lack of credits, ACT improvement, and they qualified but chose to start at a Juco.

I probably missed this in an earlier thread but does anyone know how serious his knee injury was and how his recovery went?

I hope he makes it to the U, but after not having played any football for the past 2 years I wouldn't be expecting an immediate impact out of him.

Pretty sure Paul Carter red-shirted one of his two years at JC, so had 3 years left of eligibility.

Eric Small played only one year of JC, but I don't know if he had qualification issues...

Paul Carter only played and enrolled in one year of JC.

Top Bottom