Has this search turned into a rehire of Glen Mason?

Stevedave 23
Who do you suggest? Please don't say leach as with his latest law suit who is going to hire him?

Urban Meyer needs to come North for health reasons, to much stress in Sunny Florida.

Ignorance at it's finest...

What facts am I ignoring? All we have are a bunch of tweets from people who don't know what is going on. With the possible exception of the guy who talked with Maturi at his tailgate, nobody knows a thing about what is going on.

If not immediately discounting widely-respected head coaches makes me ignorant, so be it. I would argue that keeping an open mind is the opposite of ignorance, but your ellipsis clearly tells the reader that you have deep thoughts on the matter that you are choosing not to share. Pardon me.

What facts am I ignoring? All we have are a bunch of tweets from people who don't know what is going on. With the possible exception of the guy who talked with Maturi at his tailgate, nobody knows a thing about what is going on.

If not immediately discounting widely-respected head coaches makes me ignorant, so be it. I would argue that keeping an open mind is the opposite of ignorance, but your ellipsis clearly tells the reader that you have deep thoughts on the matter that you are choosing not to share. Pardon me.

You're proving my point & don't even realize it. Like I said...Ignorance at it's finest, congrats...

Stevedave 23
Who do you suggest? Please don't say leach as with his latest law suit who is going to hire him?

I don't have a specific person in mind. The point of my OP wasn't to say, ''these are the wrong guys'' but rather to point out that the current list of names do not bring instant credibility to the football program and they don't get me excited.

I want a name that will scare the sh*t out of WI and IA. I want a name that will bring top recruits here right away, not after slowly creeping up the ranks for 5 years. As I said in my OP if the U has gone after the A list guys without success then so be it. I will continue to support the program regardless but don't expect me to get excited if we hire one of these guys.

My expectations and hopes are high.

You're proving my point & don't even realize it. Like I said...Ignorance at it's finest, congrats...

So you are saying that I am ignorant to the fact that all of the names being discussed are bad coaches? Or, am I, like you, ignorant to all of the facts of the search? Or, am I blissfully ignorant of something I haven't even thought of (thereby reinforcing my ignorance)? I would love for you to share your insight with me!

It seems like you are very upset with the entire process. Would you say it stems entirely from a distrust of Maturi? If so, what would you change (short of firing Maturi)?

Please work in the concrete. I'm not impressed with your ambiguity, just annoyed. This is the internet; ambiguity does not work that well. I have liked some of your takes in the past, but being intentionally vague doesn't add credibility to your arguments.

Auburn had some kind of an idea what Chizik could do though, as he'd been their defensive coordinator for three years in the early '90s prior to moving on to Texas and then taking the Iowa State gig. So it wasn't like AU made some totally random hire of some unknown coach with an awful record at Iowa State.

He had that history with Auburn, but still it was a very gutsy hire and not popular at all, as the fans and alumni were overwhelmingly opposed to Chizik, wanting to go for the big-time, 'home run' type hire just as we are.

Anyway, it's true. Ya just never know, and Chizik is a great example of that.

Chizek + ($200,000 + X) = 11-0

Now what does X equal?

So you are saying that I am ignorant to the fact that all of the names being discussed are bad coaches? Or, am I, like you, ignorant to all of the facts of the search? Or, am I blissfully ignorant of something I haven't even thought of (thereby reinforcing my ignorance)? I would love for you to share your insight with me!

It seems like you are very upset with the entire process. Would you say it stems entirely from a distrust of Maturi? If so, what would you change (short of firing Maturi)?

Please work in the concrete. I'm not impressed with your ambiguity, just annoyed. This is the internet; ambiguity does not work that well. I have liked some of your takes in the past, but being intentionally vague doesn't add credibility to your arguments.

Geeeeeeez...

Picture138-1.jpg

Hint:

It's a whole number between 1 and 3.

Haha. :clap:

Ummmm, lemme see here. Ummmmm. Wait, wait, don't tell me! Ummmmmm. Ummmmmmmmmmm. Is it 2????? And if so, then what does that even mean?

Sorry, still clueless!

Seany -

You're not clueless. You know the answer. BTW - Is that Peter Sellers in your avatar?

Yep. That would be one Dr. Strangelove. :)

I saw Dr. Strangelove in its first run when I was 11 years old. (My parents would send my brother and me out the door on Sundays to ANY movie playing at our local theater. Two bucks total kept us gone all afternoon.) Anyway, I didn't get a single joke in the whole movie. However, I did like Slim Pickens riding the bomb.

OK ... Here's another equation:

Chizek - ($200,000 + X) = 4-7

where X=2

I'm not even kidding here, I *suck* at algebra. What does this even mean? Habla ingles? Sprechen zee Americanski?

2=Cam Newton (his # at Auburn). Chizik is not missed at Iowa State.

Iowa State will never be a year-in/year-out great program, but look at how close they came this year to having a great season with a no-name "players" coach.

How can anybody be disappointed if we don't know everybody they've talked to?

These leaks could be and I would bet are 99.9% incorrect.

I don't think anybody can judge anything for certain until the coach is announced.

You sir

Are correct.

+1

If we get a guy like Mason, but who cares about defense, and assembles a staff capable of making halftime adjustments, we'll be great.

And doesn't totally alienate the Minnesota high school football establishment.

one more

And doesn't totally alienate the Minnesota high school football establishment.

And doesn't treat recruiting like taking out the garbage. A chore done when forced with great reluctance and much petulance.

Actually, While typing that, one more popped up...Doesn't treat the media like the sworn enemy...is this getting to be too much to ask?

Top Bottom