Harrison Barnes

gopher_alum_2005

Reaction score
is making his college decision tomorrow at 3. I think he ends up playing for Kansas.

Iowa State fans are still very optimistic about their chances. I guess they can't recognize that Barnes is just stringing them along, what with them having little prior experience recruiting highly regarded hometown prospects.

He feels bad for Tubby and the off-the-court problems he has had to deal with...he stuns everyone and chooses Minnesota!!

I don't think the Iowa State fans are actually that crazy. I just don't see Barnes holding a press conference at his high school with all of the local media, community, and friends in attendance and then pick Duke or UNC. From what I hear on the local sports talk shows, Barnes is a pretty stand-up guy. I would have a hard time believing that if he was going to spurn Iowa State that he would do it in such a public forum.

Then again, everyone here could be completely wrong. However, there is a lot to be said about staying home, and if he pans out, becoming a living legend.

Iowa State fans are still very optimistic about their chances. I guess they can't recognize that Barnes is just stringing them along, what with them having little prior experience recruiting highly regarded hometown prospects.

Kinda reminds me of a certain football player from our home state.

College decisions are a big deal. When you are as highly regarded as Barnes is a press conference wouldn't be unheard of. But your argument is that he wouldn't have a press conference at his school if he wasn't going to pick ISU? Where would you have him hold one? Fly out to UNC and go to some random HS?

I don't think the Iowa State fans are actually that crazy. I just don't see Barnes holding a press conference at his high school with all of the local media, community, and friends in attendance and then pick Duke or UNC. From what I hear on the local sports talk shows, Barnes is a pretty stand-up guy. I would have a hard time believing that if he was going to spurn Iowa State that he would do it in such a public forum.

Then again, everyone here could be completely wrong. However, there is a lot to be said about staying home, and if he pans out, becoming a living legend.

Is spending one year in college playing for a forgettable bad/mediocre team really going to make him a living legend??

Is spending one year in college playing for a forgettable bad/mediocre team really going to make him a living legend??

I don't know if ISU is forgettable next year with Barnes. If Brackins came back and Barnes signed at ISU they might win a big 12 title. KU will lose Aldrich, Collins, and Henry. OU and Texas will likely lose a lot too.

ISU will be decent this year and they have almost everybody back next year. Adding Barnes and keeping Brackins would give them a shot at a big year.

I don't know if ISU is forgettable next year with Barnes. If Brackins came back and Barnes signed at ISU they might win a big 12 title. KU will lose Aldrich, Collins, and Henry. OU and Texas will likely lose a lot too.

ISU will be decent this year and they have almost everybody back next year. Adding Barnes and keeping Brackins would give them a shot at a big year.

He won't.

I know a guy who always has inside info on Duke. He's a complete *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, but he is almost always right. He says Barnes has already committed to Duke, and it's nothing more than a formality.

That being said, I would like nothing more than for Barnes to go to Iowa State or UNC or Kansas or anywhere other than Duke, because I would have sooooooooooooo much fun.

There have been no credible leaks as to which school he chooses this afternoon. All anyone knows at this point is Kansas doesn't feel good about their chances (Bill Self's quote yesterday said as much).

This is possibly the best kept secret for the #1 recruit in the country over the past decade. It could be Duke. It could be UNC. It could be ISU. It even could be UCLA or Oklahoma. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he selects any of those schools.

For what it's worth, a relative who lives in Ames just reported that Ames High School is letting out early today so that the students can attend the Barnes news conference.

With all the hoopla attached to the barnes announcment, and the City involved, and the announcement at the gym of the high school, it's hard to believe he will go anywhere but ISU. Major downer for Ames if he goes elsewhere.

it's hard to believe he will go anywhere but ISU.

I really thought for all that was made from his relationship with his parents he would stick reasonably close to home.

Of course I thought we had a good shot at landing him too.

Oh well. :)

Best of luck to him wherever he decides to go. From all accounts he's a pretty together kid.

Not chosen yet. They are currently filling airtime with blabber until he gets on stage. I'm watching now, I'll post as soon as the announcement is made.

He's on stage and talking, but he's thanking everyone right now. Still waiting.

Harrison Barnes chose UNC. He did by hooking up his computer to a live shot of the UNC locker room with Roy Williams.

really cool way to announce

I gotta hand it to him, that had to be one of the coolest announcements ever. Anticipation build up was incredible. Entertainment value was great.

Good Luck to him!

Top Bottom