Guitar great Jeff Beck dies - 78 years old

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Bleep. One of the first "guitar heroes" is gone.

Jeff Beck replaced Eric Clapton as lead guitar for the Yardbirds in 1965. for a short time, Beck and Jimmy Page were both with the Yardbirds before Beck left. (lawd, give me a time machine to see that lineup on stage....)

after leaving the Yardbirds, he formed the Jeff Beck group, which included Rod Stewart on vocals and Ronnie Wood playing bass with Nicky Hopkins on keyboards.

went on to a long solo career. dude could play! check out a song called "Beck's Bolero."

RIP to a truly great musician.

Wow that sucks. No words but I’m bummed.

Bummer. RIP.

Pretty easy to see how Chris Guest got the inspiration for Nigel Tufnel.

Listened to "Highway Jam" on the way home. Top 5 of all-time. RIP.

Lookin forward to Danny b and that music record guy chatting tomorrow.

Jeff Beck replaced Eric Clapton as lead guitar for the Yardbirds in 1965. for a short time, Beck and Jimmy Page were both with the Yardbirds before Beck left. (lawd, give me a time machine to see that lineup on stage....)

after leaving the Yardbirds, he formed the Jeff Beck group, which included Rod Stewart on vocals and Ronnie Wood playing bass with Nicky Hopkins on keyboards.

went on to a long solo career. dude could play! check out a song called "Beck's Bolero."

I don't know which lineup it was but I've heard legend of the Yardbirds playing at Dayton's auditorium when they came through town. If you want, the closest you can get is watching the ARMS concert for Ronnie Lane when Beck, Clapton and Page all share the stage.

If you haven't seen his concert video Live at Ronnie Scott's you should check it out. The musicianship is unreal, especially considering his bassist Tal Wilkenfeld is about 18 at the time.

Now off to listen to Roger the Engineer. RIP.

Last edited:

I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to have that kind of control, that kind of mastery, over a musical instrument; to literally be the best in the world at that one thing.

Just an incredible musician. RIP

I don't know which lineup it was but I've heard legend of the Yardbirds playing at Dayton's auditorium when they came through town. If you want, the closest you can get is watching the ARMS concert for Ronnie Lane when Beck, Clapton and Page all share the stage.

If you haven't seen his concert video Live at Ronnie Scott's you should check it out. The musicianship is unreal, especially considering his bassist Tal Wilkenfeld is about 18 at the time.

Now off to listen to Roger the Engineer. RIP.

Going back to the early 70's and the Jeff Beck Group, Beck and Rod Stewart played together often. Here's a video from 9 years ago.

Yes, big, big fan of Jeff Beck. The first band I truly followed was the Yardbirds, who had already broken-up when I found out about them.

Bummer. RIP.

Pretty easy to see how Chris Guest got the inspiration for Nigel Tufnel.

You mean it wasn't from the Cars? Check out the guitarist starting at about 1:05

Last edited:

Top Bottom