Greder: .100 BT winning percentage currently sits as the second-worst winning percentage in program history.

I also wouldn't mind getting a few more chances to see how they react to big wins.
Well we got one chance. But, yes, more wins would be nice. For a number of these kids the wins will come over the next 3 years.

I never claimed I did. I only asked if it was wrong if Ben Johnson left the decision to the student athlete to make.
But in the quote you were replying to, by 60's Guy, the quote from 60's Guy said "Ben is on audio/video saying he didn't try to talk anybody into staying...." and that's what I meant when I responded to you saying "it's not recruiting", which I still believe to be true. Recruiting is talking guys into being here, isn't it?

Semantics at this point I guess. You can probably find ten or more slants to reply from and still have a valid response, so....

With which program will these wins be coming?

Exactly. If this continues, what young player worth his salt wouldn't move on to a better program, better NIL, if they had the opportunity? The assumption that all of these younger players are 1) going to continue to improve each years, and 2) going to stay on a shitty team with a shitty program is really kind of ridiculous.

Those are some pretty lofty assumptions there, some pretty naive assumptions as well.

I never claimed I did. I only asked if it was wrong if Ben Johnson left the decision to the student athlete to make.
I guess a better way to describe my response is this: I responded to a quote of yours that said "if" - "if Ben Johnson..." and when I was saying, "it's not recruiting" I was basing my reply on your "if" being correct.

Happens all the time in discussions, someone says "if X happens" and then people start tossing out ideas based on X happening. Doesn't mean they know X will happen (or happened) just that the replies are based on that premise.

So my reply to you initially was saying "if Ben did" what you suggested he did, I'd call that lack of recruiting. You're correct that I don't know 100% what he did, I was replying to your "if" scenario.

Apologies to the rest of the board for this post lol. I just get interested when people interpret posts different ways.

Exactly. If this continues, what young player worth his salt wouldn't move on to a better program, better NIL, if they had the opportunity? The assumption that all of these younger players are 1) going to continue to improve each years, and 2) going to stay on a shitty team with a shitty program is really kind of ridiculous.

Those are some pretty lofty assumptions there, some pretty naive assumptions as well.
Yeah, people talk about getting a PG through the portal, but they assume no one will leave here, or at least not the young talent.

Now if the young talent was out busting their a$$es off for Ben, it'd be a pretty good sign they'll be staying even through rough waters. But if it looks like they are giving up....

No, it's not naive to think that freshmen will improve over the years.

And the past doesn't matter as far as if a team will be good in the future.

Ben had the opportunity to recruit all of Pitino's players. Nobody had left when Ben got the job.
They were all waiting for Musselman or Dutcher or the like. Ben arrived and they moved on, including the guy from the same high school and after he hired the old high school coach...even he left.
Gabe was on the way out, it was pretty common knowledge on the 247 board that Gabe and Carr were gone even before the season was over

No, it's not naive to think that freshmen will improve over the years.
Just our freshmen though, right? Nobody else's young players will also improve. Nobody else will add players in the future.
Just wait....our freshmen, currently getting their brains beat out every night, will catch and pass everyone else's players, who will stay the same forever.

Just our freshmen though, right? Nobody else's young players will also improve. Nobody else will add players in the future.
Just wait....our freshmen, currently getting their brains beat out every night, will catch and pass everyone else's players, who will stay the same forever.
It's totally fair to compare our freshmen to other teams' freshmen.

Like if Wisconsin has a freshman scoring 17 points in a game...or if they have 3 freshmen playing well and putting up some numbers in the last 5 games of the season...yes, that would worry me.

Top Bottom