Great Ryan Burns podcast

It means that they are sufficiently high on the depth chart that the chances of them playing is next to zero. That's why he hasn't said the Croft WILL play, although the magic 8-ball says it's "Highly Likely". So in that instance, even if he said he won't redshirt him, if he does not play, he is eligible to receive an RS.

I can see this. The question I'd ask then-and I've seen it asked before- is what kind of situation will it take for JK to burn Croft's redshirt? Let's say, for instance, Mitch does not get injured this year. Maybe he comes out for a few plays here in there cuz he's dinged, and the standard mop-up duty. Is he still burnin' redshirts, or only if Mitch will be out for a significant amount of time? It will be interesting to see.

I can see this. The question I'd ask then-and I've seen it asked before- is what kind of situation will it take for JK to burn Croft's redshirt? Let's say, for instance, Mitch does not get injured this year. Maybe he comes out for a few plays here in there cuz he's dinged, and the standard mop-up duty. Is he still burnin' redshirts, or only if Mitch will be out for a significant amount of time? It will be interesting to see.

I think it would only be if ML7 were scheduled to lose considerable time. If he needs to come out for a play because he lost his helmet and Croft went in and played only 1 play for the season, that would count as his freshman season, costing him a year. I can't see that happening. But if it looks like Mitch gets a high ankle sprain in week 1, and they know they'll be running someone out there for a series or 2 every game (if not more) than I can see it.

just listened to my first RB podcast and it was very good...informative, top-of-mind, 'real' and just tons of insight and opinions which I appreciate and mostly agree with...another great source to what's going on with our Gophs and good 'stuff' to think about which starts only 9 days from now! keep it up Ryan and thanks

They should also be confident that they can recruit future players that are at least as good as the current ones, if not better, which makes redshirting less of a big deal.

Theoretically, the recruits should be getting better and better as a staff gains tenure, but even at powerhouse programs it's pretty rare that a true freshman will be better than a 5th-year senior. And you can't have any 5th-year seniors if they never get a redshirt. I have no problem burning redshirts for guys who are going to be in the rotation, but burning a redshirt so Dajon McKnight can catch 1 pass for 6 yards or so Connor Mayes can play 1 snap or so Gary Moore can play a half-dozenish snaps is just plain stupid.

just listened to my first RB podcast and it was very good...informative, top-of-mind, 'real' and just tons of insight and opinions which I appreciate and mostly agree with...another great source to what's going on with our Gophs and good 'stuff' to think about which starts only 9 days from now! keep it up Ryan and thanks
If you're desperate for a fix, go back and listen to previous podcasts. Or, even if you're not desperate. Best stuff I've heard or read...other than some of the esteemed posters here, of course.

Theoretically, the recruits should be getting better and better as a staff gains tenure, but even at powerhouse programs it's pretty rare that a true freshman will be better than a 5th-year senior. And you can't have any 5th-year seniors if they never get a redshirt. I have no problem burning redshirts for guys who are going to be in the rotation, but burning a redshirt so Dajon McKnight can catch 1 pass for 6 yards or so Connor Mayes can play 1 snap or so Gary Moore can play a half-dozenish snaps is just plain stupid.

You are on today. Agree 100%.

You're understating the actual playing time Mayes and Moore got but I get your point. The decisions are difficult and it's easy to look back in hindsight. The point I was trying to make is redshirts just aren't as valuable as some fans think.

If he's mentioned them as not red-shirting it means they will travel and will play specials teams right away. They likely will push the two deeps as well. I like the way Kill handles his players. Come in and compete, 5th years are a crapshoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way our recruiting is gaining year over year there isn't a good reason to think a player who burns a red shirt this year will be in as strong a position next year. It is very possible that in 2 years when Mitch is gon,e Poljan will be ahead of Demry. You play the best when you need them.

Does anyone know how to turn off notifications within Tapatalk of when someone you have added to your ignore list keeps quoting your posts over and over? The point of adding someone to your ignore list is to rid yourself of their obsession of following you around and commenting on everything you post - not to be reminded repeatedly that the tool is still out there. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know how to turn off notifications within Tapatalk of when someone you have added to your ignore list keeps quoting your posts over and over? The point of adding someone to your ignore list is to rid yourself of their obsession of following you around and commenting on everything you post - not to be reminded repeatedly that the tool is still out there. Thanks in advance.

Yes, and it's very easy to do, but I'm probably on your ignore list, so those instructions would fall on deaf ears.

Ya' Jack-Hole!

Yes, and it's very easy to do, but I'm probably on your ignore list, so those instructions would fall on deaf ears.

Ya' Jack-Hole!

You're just pissed because he hasn't given you one of his highly valued "I agree with you 100%" that he gives out three or four times a day.:mad:

Top Bottom