Great Ryan Burns podcast

To those who complain about Ryan's public speaking abilities take your computer, record yourself trying to say something remotely coherent and then play it back to yourself. It's not that easy.

Did this for a job interview process once and ended up awake way past my bedtime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should caution certain readers about listening here. He basically says that Perra still hasn't passed Rhoda on the depth chart - much less CS5 or ML7. Also insinuates that Croft may already be as good or better than Perra (but will RS). I am extrapolating some, but I realize we are only 22 days from the first "bring in Perra" thread and I don't want anyone's bubble to burst.

I've come to realize Croft or the kid from Michigan will start when Mitch is done at the U. No reason to really discuss for another two seasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya know, I'm gonna come off as an asshole here, but, ya know, I just need to get this off my chest, ya know.

I sincerely hope that Ryan keeps building his brand, and I truly hope he keeps getting great information out there. I hear things on these podcasts that I don't get from any press or observations that I read here. He is doing great work here. I truly appreciate those efforts.

However, I have a hard time getting through these podcasts. It became so irritating in the 2nd episode that I kept track for a while. In the 2nd podcast, in the first 15 minutes and some change, Ryan said "ya know" 100 times, ya know. I tracked it.

Love the work you're doing Ryan, keep it up, I'll keep clicking and listening, but please, please work on the vocal discipline. It's truly in your best interest, even if I come off as an asshole, and I apologize for that.

Appreciate the feedback sir. Yeah it's a weird nervous tick I had for the last couple of episodes that I need to work on, as I literally never say that phrase in everyday life.

Something I'll definitely work on and appreciate the constructive criticism.

Love to hear anymore suggestions or feedback from everyone else as I continue the podcast into the season here.

Also want to thank everyone who listened so far!

Appreciate the feedback sir. Yeah it's a weird nervous tick I had for the last couple of episodes that I need to work on, as I literally never say that phrase in everyday life.

Love to hear anymore suggestions or feedback from everyone else as I continue the podcast into the season here.

Really enjoy listening. It is the best/most in depth info about Gopher Football I've come across. Please keep it going!

Ryan - As far as I am concerned you bring to your podcast the best in depth and useful information out there by far. You have unique skills that very few other people have. As far as your presentation it is coherent and packed with insight. All the other things, they are all correctable and are not that big of a deal. Your the best!:clap:

Excellent work Ryan. Far more interesting than most of the "pros". I think you have a future in this type of work. Unregistered user noticed something that doesn't bother me.

Seems like the "pros", even the big-time talkers, use very annoying and lengthy pregnant pauses to gather their thoughts unless they have someone to play off of.

Keep up the great work. We really appreciate the thoughts and the insights.

Ryan - As far as I am concerned you bring to your podcast the best in depth and useful information out there by far. You have unique skills that very few other people have. As far as your presentation it is coherent and packed with insight. All the other things, they are all correctable and are not that big of a deal. Your the best!:clap:

I just listened to the latest about the defense and Ryan is...excited! My poor wife, who isn't much of a sports fan, even got excited. That's saying something. Killjoy, as usual, is absolutely correct and I'm so happy to have this resource for following the Gophers this season. Feels like it might be special.

Doing really good work so far. The only suggestion I'd have is that if you're going to continue doing this beyond camp it may be good to have more dialogue and discussion at some point. Right now its more, ask Burns a question and let him data dump for a while which is great at this time of year because everyone just wants info on what's going on at camp but later it would be cool to get more into scheme and things like that. But either way what you're doing now works so keep up the good work

Doing really good work so far. The only suggestion I'd have is that if you're going to continue doing this beyond camp it may be good to have more dialogue and discussion at some point. Right now its more, ask Burns a question and let him data dump for a while which is great at this time of year because everyone just wants info on what's going on at camp but later it would be cool to get more into scheme and things like that. But either way what you're doing now works so keep up the good work

I hear ya.

Format is that way right now as it's more about the players and my impressions early on in fall camp. It'll continue to evolve as the season draws near and when the season starts.

More previews and breakdowns coming down the pipeline then with other beat writers and great football minds then.

Again everyone, thanks again for the feedback. Appreciate the constructive criticism with the kind words.

I hear ya.

Format is that way right now as it's more about the players and my impressions early on in fall camp. It'll continue to evolve as the season draws near and when the season starts.

More previews and breakdowns coming down the pipeline then with other beat writers and great football minds then.

Again everyone, thanks again for the feedback. Appreciate the constructive criticism with the kind words.

No prob. It really is good stuff

Keep these going! I listened to two of them with headphones on while driving across the midwest with screaming kids in the back seat. My version of soothing Yani music.

I am loving this podcast, but there were some technical issues this morning, maybe just for me. It seemed to be skipping a couple of seconds every ten seconds or so, which made it hard to follow along with. But the content is fantastic.

I am loving this podcast, but there were some technical issues this morning, maybe just for me. It seemed to be skipping a couple of seconds every ten seconds or so, which made it hard to follow along with. But the content is fantastic.

I had the same issue. Thought it was my phone but it was the same on my computer.

I loved this podcast. Didn't bother me in the least.

However, Flip Saunders and his "as far as" with every sentence bugs me. Kill likes "no doubt about that." Daryl T repeats everything said to him.
"That was a great catch by Duke, Daryl."
"Yes, that was a great catch by Duke."
Finally, the one person who really drives me mad is Sid doing his hearing aid commercials and then having Mona repeat everything anyone says.

Great work! A must listen for all fans of the Gophers. Can't wait till the next one.

You're basically complaining about a free podcast giving you new info. If you don't like it that's perfectly fine of course but complaining about a guy's use of 'ya know' when A) he's not a trained radio guy, B) it's free, C) the entire podcast is just him talking, and D) its free, is kind of a bad look. JMO. I did one for a little while a few years back and trust me it can be very hard to regularly speak coherently and without vocal crutches for an hour straight, especially when you're only doing it maybe once a week.

And how is anybody supposed to improve without honest constructive criticism or feedback?

the ya knows stopped right after the ten minute mark. Not a big deal IMO

And how is anybody supposed to improve without honest constructive criticism or feedback?

That wasn't the problem but whining, complaining, and the tone was. The good news is that was only person. Being a class act Ryan asked for and is happy to have constructive criticism.

You can give constructive criticism in a constructive manner, especially with someone who has multiple ways to be reached without it being on a public forum.

I think it's fair to say every broadcaster, talk show host, etc has their haters and detractors. If you're in the public eye, you better have a thick skin.

For the life of me, I don't understand the popularity of say, Jim Rome. Because. I. Don't. Have. All. Day. to either listen or get my point across. Time is a finite commodity and we need to move fast.

Good stuff Ryan, I appreciate the podcasts, as well. I'm 100% agreement with you regarding expectations on Leidner. I'm only hoping for progression from last year. If he ends up being considered the 5th best QB in the B1G at the end of the year, I bet we will have had a really good season.

Sounds like Burns thinks Croft will be QB2 week 1, and the staff is willing to burn his redshirt if needed. Interesting stuff.

Reading between the lines on much of what has been said/done I tend to agree. For sure ML7 is #1 and they don't want to burn Croft's RS - but I think the staff feels he is our 2nd best option. Not for spot duty, but if a backup is needed for extended time I have a strong feeling it will be Croft. Let's hope we don't find out.

Reading between the lines on much of what has been said/done I tend to agree. For sure ML7 is #1 and they don't want to burn Croft's RS - but I think the staff feels he is our 2nd best option. Not for spot duty, but if a backup is needed for extended time I have a strong feeling it will be Croft. Let's hope we don't find out.

Was really hopin' either Rhoda or Perra would be able to step up, allowing Croft to redshirt.

Was really hopin' either Rhoda or Perra would be able to step up, allowing Croft to redshirt.

That's the ideal, but I'm pleased that Coach Kill is willing to play the best player available regardless of class, etc.

It also sends a good message to potential recruits that if you can win a job, you'll play as early as possible.

I have a question about redshirts. Why does Kill come and say he is burning someone's redshirt before he ever puts the guy in a game? Take Tyler Moore, for example, if our O-line stays healthy all year he won't play so he can still redshirt even though Kill has stated he won't, correct? Isn't "not playing" the only qualification for redshirting? Why would a coach feel the need to proclaim who isn't going to redshirt? Are there other qualifications I don't know about?

I have a question about redshirts. Why does Kill come and say he is burning someone's redshirt before he ever puts the guy in a game? Take Tyler Moore, for example, if our O-line stays healthy all year he won't play so he can still redshirt even though Kill has stated he won't, correct? Isn't "not playing" the only qualification for redshirting? Why would a coach feel the need to proclaim who isn't going to redshirt? Are there other qualifications I don't know about?

It means that they are sufficiently high on the depth chart that the chances of them playing is next to zero. That's why he hasn't said the Croft WILL play, although the magic 8-ball says it's "Highly Likely". So in that instance, even if he said he won't redshirt him, if he does not play, he is eligible to receive an RS.

Probably because reporters ask him daily "what Freshmen will play?"

Moore may also be a starter on one of the special team units as well. Having him play special teams would be a way to get him experience, and if there are injuries on the line he can at least step in on offense with some game experience under his belt. Some may hate this, but burning redshirts just doesn't bother me that much. These coaches are paid to win now and they have to put the best players on the field in order to win. They should also be confident that they can recruit future players that are at least as good as the current ones, if not better, which makes redshirting less of a big deal.

Top Bottom