Great job on music from 3rd to 4th quarter - thread updated w/ video of students

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Wow the students were fired up tonight and it was an awesome atmosphere during the entire game, most notably in between the 3rd and 4th quarters. The mix of music was fantastic and it felt like a party atmosphere!

Fun night indeed.

Go Gophers!!

So what did they play? (For those of us who weren't there)

So what did they play? (For those of us who weren't there)

I cant remember for sure but think it was something like this: Started with "doing the gopher", then into Party Rock Anthem, then into something else, then into Gangnam Style (much to the delight of the students, got a huge roar when it started), then into something else, then Let Me Clear My Throat, then Zombie Nation.

It was awesome. Not only was the entire student section filled, but people were standing behind it in the upper deck! Great to see the stadium bouncing around and having a blast

Wow the students were fired up tonight and it was an awesome atmosphere during the entire game, most notably in between the 3rd and 4th quarters. The mix of music was fantastic and it felt like a party atmosphere!

Fun night indeed.

Go Gophers!!

For the first time in a very long time I was able to hear our marching band play in 3rd & 4th quarters on the BTN broadcast playing our traditional Minnesota fight songs, which is what they should be doing all game long. If this keeps up, imagine the day we will send our Marching Band to away games to help fire up our football team. We will know we have "arrived" when we do this consistently.

They must have bought the rights to Sweet Caroline from Penn State because they played that. I heard that Penn State had to sell it to help pay off some lawsuit.

Even the 50+ crowd in our area were on their feet. I told my wife this was the best I had seen them do with the music mix. Now if they would only show some of the close or controversial plays on the replay I would be very happy.

Gangnam Style was great. Feels good to not be behind the times by playing it right when it becomes big. I feel like under normal circumstances, we'd play that song in 2013.

i think the best part about it was that if you looked at the sidelines, the players were really into each song that was played. And not just some of the players, but nearly all of them. it was great.

i think the best part about it was that if you looked at the sidelines, the players were really into each song that was played. And not just some of the players, but nearly all of them. it was great.

They zoomed in on Harbison and someone else on the big screen who were really into the music. Winning changes everything!

I am still confused as to why they don't play "Jump On It." The band played it early and the students went crazy.

During last night's game, I definitely saw a change in attitude in our defensive players. It also seems that there has been a shift in attitude in Gopher fans. That looked like a fun college fb atmosphere - how a college game day atmosphere is meant to look like. Kill always talks about the importance of having a positive game day atmosphere. We achieved that last night. Now, much like I hope the defense keeps the attitude up, I hope the fans continue to show up in support of our Gophers.

Feels good to have Teague in charge, trying to fill the stadium. There's just no way Maturi agrees to $10 tickets or free giveaways. He just goes with the most frugal thing possible. Example: http://www.mndaily.com/2012/09/20/u-paid-11m-play-lower-tier-teams Using quotes like “Because we’re Minnesota — and I know some people don’t like to hear this — we can’t afford to pay the guarantees that a Michigan can pay" irk me.

Should get some Enter Sandman in there. Steal from Mariano Rivera and Va Tech - we're closing this game like Rivera does when he comes in the game.

That was the most fun I've had at a Gopher game in a long time. Really well done.

Awesome video. That compilation of songs was a great selection by the people in charge. Gangam Style is so huge right now it's absurd, the call and response to get the crowd together and vocal, and then Kernkraft 400 to fire it up. Very well done!

Feels good to have Teague in charge, trying to fill the stadium. There's just no way Maturi agrees to $10 tickets or free giveaways. He just goes with the most frugal thing possible. Example: http://www.mndaily.com/2012/09/20/u-paid-11m-play-lower-tier-teams Using quotes like “Because we’re Minnesota — and I know some people don’t like to hear this — we can’t afford to pay the guarantees that a Michigan can pay" irk me.

The very last line: "“I’m just about to sign contracts as far out as 2023,” Dannen said."

Sounds like soon we'll get some future schedule news! Yay!

Towards the end of the 3rd Quarter that was the loudest "Sweet Caroline" I have ever heard. Full stadium support!!

Google Virginia Tech entrance. Best one in all of fb.

I've seen it. It isn't awesome because of the song, it's the tradition and they've been doing it for 12 years now. Freshmen this year weren't even born when that song was released and the genre is dead or dying in terms of mainstream exposure to new potential listeners. Time to get used to something new the student body isn't going to be getting any older.

Top Bottom