Gray going to meet w/Maturi

Reaction score
According to Gray's Twitter:

goldengopherqb5 MarQueis Gray
Bout to get up and go talk to (JM) the man in charge of getting us a new coach!

Wonder why....

I like how he said "us." Really don't want him to transfer!

Maybe he is telling the team who the coach is or updating them on the process and truths.

Maybe he is telling the team who the coach is or updating them on the process and truths.

Excellent thought. I imagine this would be a good time for Maturi to talk with the team and let them know where the search is and when they can expect to hear something.

But, is it possible we're going to have an announcement today?

In my mind, the players ought to be in a team meeting with Maturi when the info is sent out over FB and Twitter so they hear it from him rather than from social media like the rest of us.

They were the last to be told when Brewster was fired.

If Maturi were to tell the team, it would be leaked, there would be just too many people in the know to keep it secret. Now, it's unclear whether Maturi is asking to talk to Gray or whether Gray is asking to talk to Maturi. The discussion is different depending on which way it is. If it is Gray wanting to give the players concerns to Maturi, there's no harm in making the players feel they have been listened to. There can be harm in letting the players call the shots.

Now he's asking for suggestions:

goldengopherqb5: Who does gopher nation wants to be the fb coach?

Maturi is gonna show Gray a list of five coaches, and Gray is gonna choose which one will be the next coach.

Book it.

LOL

This thread just caused me to have a vision of Joel Maturi standing behind a table with caps from UConn, San Diego State, Mississippi State, Temple, the Montreal Argonauts and also a pirate hat in front of him as he gets ready to announce our new coach. :D

This thread just caused me to have a vision of Joel Maturi standing behind a table with caps from UConn, San Diego State, Mississippi State, Temple, the Montreal Argonauts and also a pirate hat in front of him as he gets ready to announce our new coach. :D

Argonauts?

Haha! "Pirate hat" made me laugh out loud!!

Haha hilarious

My hope for this mtg:

JM- get the team together for a meeting, we have the coach but want to tell the team first. Press conference is at 4 so have the meeting soon.

MG- Who is it?

JM- lets just say a ship is making its way up the lock and dam system from the carribean, which reminds me, the 4pm press conference is a rough estimate depending on current, wind, etc.

How did Moises Alou get a football team named after him?

I hope Gray is going to tell him to hire Mullen and he'll get a paper route to help pay the salary.

At least MarQuies is chatty this morning:

The only coaches I kno of are belotti & leach ..what schools did the other guys come from and what offense did they run...?

Twtter is fun.

Any time there is a coaching change there is a chance a player may transfer. That's all.

Did he use up his redshirt already? Cuz if so, then if he transfers he'd only have one year left, so I'd doubt he'd do it. But if he could transfer and have 2 years, he might.

My hope for this mtg:

JM- get the team together for a meeting, we have the coach but want to tell the team first. Press conference is at 4 so have the meeting soon.

MG- Who is it?

JM- lets just say a ship is making its way up the lock and dam system from the carribean, which reminds me, the 4pm press conference is a rough estimate depending on current, wind, etc.

Argh, matey, set sails for St. Anthony Falls. Treasure be waitin' for us.
pirate-with-parrot-emoticon.gif

By the way, can that emoticon be added to the list regardless of who gets named coach?

goldengopherqb5: Who does gopher nation wants to be the fb coach?

They say he plays like Vince Young. From his grammar he might score just as low on the wonderlic! How can any college student who presumably does his own homework write such messed up sentences?

I'm pretty sure Maturi called the meeting to say that he can see Gray's dormitory from his office window.

Top Bottom