Grading Tubby: Recruiting

I wouldn't say that we got absolutely nothing, but even if none of those players stepped foot on the court that doesn't mean the class was a failure. They have 4 years to make an impact, not one. I'm very excited to see how Rodney turns out and if Mbakwe gets cleared he could make a big impact. If Cobbs stays he could be a solid player too.

I agree they could be good, but this past year there were minimal contributions out of them, would you not agree?

I agree they could be good, but this past year there were minimal contributions out of them, would you not agree?

Just over this past season it was minimal, but I think Rodney was instrumental in our win against Illinois. If he hadn't performed the way he did we may have lost and possibly missed the tournament. Luckily they get 4 years to prove themselves anyway (unless they are juco or leave early, which would mean they probably more than proved themself). You can't judge a recruiting class after one season.

Gophers class gets C- and Badgers get B-? you have to explain your grading system

Typo - C- my fault

With CJ I would give them a A-

Anderson is better than Walker, IMO. Dukan and Gasser do nothing for me though. So the gophs have one more guy committed, but each school has, IMO, one player that could really make an impact. But if the Gophs land CJ, then the tide turns.

Just over this past season it was minimal, but I think Rodney was instrumental in our win against Illinois. If he hadn't performed the way he did we may have lost and possibly missed the tournament. Luckily they get 4 years to prove themselves anyway (unless they are juco or leave early, which would mean they probably more than proved themself). You can't judge a recruiting class after one season.

Totally agree with you. But my point in my original post you questioned was about the impact they had this past year, which was very limited. But I agree you cannot judge them for another couple of years.

he gets an A- because he gets the best players from our state to stay home. Before him they all left and led other schools to the final 4.

That's pretty generous. With Cory Joseph B+/A-, without him C.

I think with Cory- it's a A or even an A+. I think just getting a top 10 recruit gets you at least an A-...add in the fact that it's a position we really need, and that bumps it up.

The other guys are solid too.

The class as it stands right now would get a "C". Not one of the players will be better then solid player. Walker might be a good college basketball player at the end of the day. But the others just seem like role players to me.. If they add CJ then the class would get a "B+" And if Tubby can get Royce on the court i would count him for this class and give it an "A+". IMO of course

Typo - C- my fault

With CJ I would give them a A-

Anderson is better than Walker, IMO. Dukan and Gasser do nothing for me though. So the gophs have one more guy committed, but each school has, IMO, one player that could really make an impact. But if the Gophs land CJ, then the tide turns.

Anderson better than Walker? If you're talking about Evan Anderson, you are INCORRECT. That is a very disappointing statement coming from a Gopher fan too. Anderson started as a 5 star, top 10 national talent, slipped to a 4 star player before dropping to a 3 star prospect and out of the top 100 on Scout.com. I watched him play 8th grade through junior season, and this guy has a loooooooong way to go on offense. From what I see, Walker is much more advanced in that area.
Anderson was plagued by injuries and ineptitude in four years of high school. He transferred from tiny Stanley-Boyd to the booming metropolis of Eau Claire, Wisconsin to play for North High School in the rough and rugged Big Rivers Conference. Those annual match ups with Chippewa Falls must have pushed him to the limit (sarcastic). He averaged 9 ppg as a senior.

Agreed BGF Anderson is not better then Walker. Anderson was way over-rated when he was a 5(and 4) star recruit. IMO Kyle Kelm > Anderson

Top Bottom