Gotta love KFAN....

I hate KFAN, and that bald headed guy!!! I stopped listening to them years ago. What we need is a talk show that actually likes the Gophers, wants to talk about the Gophers, and is knowledgable of whats happening. KFAN is very inept at talking anything Gophers. We also need our newspapers to start supporting the "U" also instead of bashing.

Can't wait for the season to start!

So there it is in a nutshell.

Well, maybe the newspapers bashing of the Gophers is on the downhill for the time being during Coach Kill's honeymoon period. But KFAN has a long ways to go to get in the backseat of the Gopher bus.

other than the Anderle interview today i haven't heard anything outside of coaches interviews that i can honestly say that the on air personality has a clue as to what he is talking about regarding the gophers. PA, although he claims to be a great football mind has proven over and over again that not only is he clueless about the gophers and college football but that he also has no inside knowledge regarding the vikings (see donovan mcnabb). The Quency Lewis interview wasn't that long ago and not that long ago PA was bragging about the upcoming interview with Brett Bielema, only to have Brett expose PA's complete *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#baggery.

Unfortunately the Viking audience is larger than the Gopher audience. Sponsors of KFAN and listeners will be up in arms if the Gophers are covered any more than they currently are. The season is still 2 1/2 weeks away and they are amping up with new interviews and weekly guests.

Thanks Maximus. Had not listened much to KFAN in the last few years. More talk now than CCO had. Have enjoyed the increased coverage. I am thin-skinned about the Gophers as they come. So far they have been fair and have given a much higher focus on Gopher football than CCO has for a LONG time. Geez, get over it. Were you happy with what we had before? Ever listen to the post-game on WCCO with Steve Thompson? Unfortunately the program has not exactly done a lot to make it a great media product. I am very hopeful that Jerry Kill and his staff will get us going in the right direction.

I understand the frustration with KFAN in the past. I stopped listening. So far I like what I am hearing.

When it comes to the Gopher football team being bashed, has it not been warranted? The last few years of Mason were pure frustration. Everyone knows Brewster was a joke, and those were some really tough years. Yes, us true fans will support them no matter what, but it doesnt mean the local sports station has to sugar coat everything. And for the record, Barriero was in love with Kill well before KFAN got the contract.

Well then DLguy...kfan has NEVER been anything but low-rent. Do you suggest...

that kfan's relevence and standards and entertainment value should be sugar-coated??????

Smash them, trash them and bash them just the way they have always treated Goper Football. They don't deserve anything except what they have always tried to dish out.

barrerio (sp? Who cares?) needs to be called out, trashed and bashed on a daily basis.

DLguy: kfan has been really BAD ever since they showed up.

If you are going to bash Gopher Football...then kfan and the on-air jerks on kfan certainly need to have new ones ripped for them on a daily basis.

kfan can NOT be trusted and should NOT be tolerated...

IF you think the last few years of Mason were frustrating...we will have to see how many Big Ten wins are obtained by the coaches who will follow Mason. brewster only managed 6 Big Ten wins in about 3.5 Big Ten seasons. Time will most certainly tell us a LOT, won't it DLguy????? The Big Ten win indicator IS the ultimated judging tool when we assess the worth of a Big Ten Coach....It takes ALL the emotion out of determining the result. It provides a totally accurate answer. It leaves NO room for hiding OR excuse making. The numbers NEVER lie...

I hope Coach Kill wins Big Ten Games early...often and consistantly! He has his shot! That is all anyone gets: their "shot..." Mason was a very good coach...not a GREAT coach (the numbers tell the story.) However, in order to travel down the "greatness path..." more than 50% of the Big Ten games must be won...even at Minnesota a coach must win more than 50% of the Big Ten games to start entering the "greatness" levels of football coaching. It is NOT easy to win 50% of the Big Ten games played at Minnesota. History has proven that. The numbers never lie. So, the history of Minnesota Football tells us how difficult it is t. It remains to be seen if any coach who is employed by the U of M can win MORE Big Ten games than Mason won. He didn't have the new stadium...he helped GET the new stadium though. So now we shall see what we shall see. Run a completely clean program. Graduate ever increasing numbers of student athletes, win large numbers of Big Ten Football Games and win big time in TCF BANK STADIUM. The stadium IS the wild-card factor that only post-Mason Coaches have to help them and to help judge them by. That is the formula. THAT is the expectation. The numbers WILL tell us the whole story. I wish Coach Kill the VERY best and hope he hits the jackpot and wins in the Big Ten at a rate that far exceeds any modern-era Golden Gopher Coach. Being a realist, I will have to see the numbers start to indicate true greatness before I will call any coach truely "great..." In other words, I think we will need to watch the Big Ten record closely. That will tell us the story...

; 0 )

I was driving down to the Cities around 1:00 or so on Sunday and happened to land on KSPAM just in time to hear two guys discussing the apparent displeasure/abuse of the JG addition to the game-day broadcast team. I wish I had tuned in a bit earlier because they were very aware of the comments from Gopher football fans regarding the placement of an Iowa cheerleader on the sidelines. Of course it sounded like they were in full support of the decision to put him out there and that he'd be very professional etc etc. Did anyone catch that show and if so who were the two guys?

Like one poster said they did a 180. They spent years bashing, and now in 6 months they are all about the gophers and doing what I'm talking about. When they spent years pissing off listeners, no one can expect these same listeners to come back just because for 6 months now they are doing good and talking about gophers.

You would think with the size the MSP area is there would be more than a few stations that talk gopher football.

And I thought KFAN did a 360...or is that what the fear is?

It's great they are talking gopher sports, but I'm not going to listen to the hours of love lines, politcal chat, movie reviews and trying to see who can be the funniest to get some gopher talk.

It's the lamest quote, "sports station" in the country.

that kfan's relevence and standards and entertainment value should be sugar-coated??????

Smash them, trash them and bash them just the way they have always treated Goper Football. They don't deserve anything except what they have always tried to dish out.

barrerio (sp? Who cares?) needs to be called out, trashed and bashed on a daily basis.

DLguy: kfan has been really BAD ever since they showed up.

If you are going to bash Gopher Football...then kfan and the on-air jerks on kfan certainly need to have new ones ripped for them on a daily basis.

kfan can NOT be trusted and should NOT be tolerated...

IF you think the last few years of Mason were frustrating...we will have to see how many Big Ten wins are obtained by the coaches who will follow Mason. brewster only managed 6 Big Ten wins in about 3.5 Big Ten seasons. Time will most certainly tell us a LOT, won't it DLguy????? The Big Ten win indicator IS the ultimated judging tool when we assess the worth of a Big Ten Coach....It takes ALL the emotion out of determining the result. It provides a totally accurate answer. It leaves NO room for hiding OR excuse making. The numbers NEVER lie...

I hope Coach Kill wins Big Ten Games early...often and consistantly! He has his shot! That is all anyone gets: their "shot..." Mason was a very good coach...not a GREAT coach (the numbers tell the story.) However, in order to travel down the "greatness path..." more than 50% of the Big Ten games must be won...even at Minnesota a coach must win more than 50% of the Big Ten games to start entering the "greatness" levels of football coaching. It is NOT easy to win 50% of the Big Ten games played at Minnesota. History has proven that. The numbers never lie. So, the history of Minnesota Football tells us how difficult it is t. It remains to be seen if any coach who is employed by the U of M can win MORE Big Ten games than Mason won. He didn't have the new stadium...he helped GET the new stadium though. So now we shall see what we shall see. Run a completely clean program. Graduate ever increasing numbers of student athletes, win large numbers of Big Ten Football Games and win big time in TCF BANK STADIUM. The stadium IS the wild-card factor that only post-Mason Coaches have to help them and to help judge them by. That is the formula. THAT is the expectation. The numbers WILL tell us the whole story. I wish Coach Kill the VERY best and hope he hits the jackpot and wins in the Big Ten at a rate that far exceeds any modern-era Golden Gopher Coach. Being a realist, I will have to see the numbers start to indicate true greatness before I will call any coach truely "great..." In other words, I think we will need to watch the Big Ten record closely. That will tell us the story...

; 0 )

I know, I'm feeding the troll. And I do not apologize to those who have Wren on ignore. =P

But seriously walrus, SHUT UP. You make no effin' sense, get Mason's knob out of your mouth man. Good God dude.

Fact is, the Gophers are getting a HELL of a lot more air time, thanks to KFAN. That's great you don't like them.. DON'T LISTEN! Meanwhile, let those of us that are happy about it enjoy it without you mumbling and bumbling about Mason's nuts on your chin and Maturi's B1G wins.

I find constant sports minutae (unless its about the Gophers) to be dull. Maybe I'm not old school enough.

Oh how so quickly we forget. The media and KFAN dropped off on TheU because the last regime turned them off. Right or wrong, that's why. Prior to Brew, I recall a ton of Gopher coverage, and it echoed a pretty damn objective view.

not entirely correct...I can remember the Mason days when Danny B. used to criticize him all over the place, one time even saying "I hope they get KILLED at Purdue this Saturday" because he hated Mase so much" Of course, now they are buddy-buddy, but KFAN never was a Gopher supporting during all the Mason years to my recollection.

It's great they are talking gopher sports, but I'm not going to listen to the hours of love lines, politcal chat, movie reviews and trying to see who can be the funniest to get some gopher talk.

It's the lamest quote, "sports station" in the country.
Learn to podcast.

Top Bottom