Gophers with FSU, Georgia and Tennesse in 2023 DT Tavion Gadson's Top 5

A 3* guy needed his own thread ...?

Oh, I see, it was TL trying to drive GopherHole traffic to his own personal branded stuff. Got it

A 3* guy needed his own thread ...?

Oh, I see, it was TL trying to drive GopherHole traffic to his own personal branded stuff. Got it
I too dislike this Tony character keeping me abreast of the gophers making the shortlist for a defensive player recruited by Georgia. The gall of the man to provide us this information!

4 SEC schools and us? Another lost hope 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, PJ should probably just stop going after recruits that have quality competing offers, amirite?

And Florida State is not in the SEC, but that's for another time.
Even if the CBs are right and he ends up at FSU, being in the top 5 for a Georgia kid with great offers is still a positive step in recruiting. This isn't a local guy giving token interest to the home town school so if we are in his top 5 then it means we earned our place there.

Some have a hard time seeing past the end result though and will consider it a failure if the kid picks another power 5 school.

Even if the CBs are right and he ends up at FSU, being in the top 5 for a Georgia kid with great offers is still a positive step in recruiting. This isn't a local guy giving token interest to the home town school so if we are in his top 5 then it means we earned our place there.

Some have a hard time seeing past the end result though and will consider it a failure if the kid picks another power 5 school.

Yeah, agreed. I was being sarcastic with my comment if it wasn't that clear.

Also, that's why TL posted the player's Tweet directly, rather than posting his own Tweet to his own branded accounted that was simply a retweet of the player's Tweet. Right?
fair point. he did just repost the players exact tweet without providing us any additional information we might have found pertinent such as star ranking, national ranking, or from where he hails.

I agree. Remember when the other offers were the Toledos, Louisiana Techs, Texas States, and every once in a while a Syracuse or a Connecticut?

Damn.....I'm the one who posted the update.....didn't mean to get everyone's undies in a bunch :):):)
You're just fine, no problem at all -- though in my opinion the point of having an "All things recruiting" thread is for all the updates to be centralized there.

TL is the one at fault here, for having the blatent obvious agenda of trying to drive GH readers to his personal branded content.

Bateman was a little different scenario. He committed to PJ early in the process, blew up his senior year, and UGA along with some other SEC schools tried to poach him. Give Bateman credit for keeping his commitment through that!
So we didn't have to recruit against UGA, at all, like we did for this guy? Honest question

No matter what, Bateman is all the more legendary for sticking with his commitment.

He's in the NFL because he came to Minnesota. Period. End of story.

If he goes to Georgia ... who knows, but could've been lost in the depth chart.

No matter what, Bateman is all the more legendary for sticking with his commitment.

He's in the NFL because he came to Minnesota. Period. End of story.

If he goes to Georgia ... who knows, but could've been lost in the depth chart.
As I recall a key part of Bateman's eventual choice to stick with the Gophers was his mom. That was all on Coach Fleck, again as I recall.

You're just fine, no problem at all -- though in my opinion the point of having an "All things recruiting" thread is for all the updates to be centralized there.

TL is the one at fault here, for having the blatent obvious agenda of trying to drive GH readers to his personal branded content.

I think you're off base here. Where is this involving his "personal branded content"? He shared a recruit's tweet with some additional details about said player. Are you considering individual's Twitter profiles "personal branded content" now? How is one supposed to share something on Twitter?

You just post the actual Tweet, from the actual source.

You don't post a Tweet from your own personal account that is nothing more than a retweet of the actual source. You'd only do that if you're trying to drive traffic to your personal Twitter account in the hopes of getting followers.

You just post the actual Tweet, from the actual source.

You don't post a Tweet from your own personal account that is nothing more than a retweet of the actual source. You'd only do that if you're trying to drive traffic to your personal Twitter account in the hopes of getting followers.
it wasn't nothing more than a retweet. it provided additional information regardless if you assert differently

So we didn't have to recruit against UGA, at all, like we did for this guy? Honest question
the OP was
being in the top 5 for a Georgia kid with great offers is still a positive step in recruiting.
Yes we did have to recruit against UGA eventually, but no we didn't have to recruit against UGA when he was considering committing here because they hadn't offered.

Top Bottom